Spring Game Postgame Thread

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
No way was it a tribute. The staff has been clear that this program is moving in a new direction and away from the 3-O is a big part of that. Whether it’s intended as a dig or just more reinforcement of change is open to personal interpretation.

Everyone on this board wanted to see that and some are still are even asking lineup in the flexbone for Clemson.

It was definitely a “thank you, passing the torch”
Moment. Let’s not muck this thread up and more than the color debate already has

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Everyone on this board wanted to see that and some are still are even asking lineup in the flexbone for Clemson.

Moment. Let’s not muck this thread up and more than the color debate already has

Can I just say that I loved everything about Friday night! I thought it was an unqualified success! My wife and daughter had a blast and it made my daughter want to go to many more games (unfortunately it's HER sporting events that keep us from attending most games since hers also occur on Saturdays).

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I love how there's the 4 or 5 people taking offense. And now you're the 6th person in that gang I guess LMAO. Poor guy.

View attachment 5711

Sensitive in a pretty obvious statement. Someone steal your parking spot at Walmart again and upset ya?

It was obviously a statement of what Tech has moved from and toward now. Some will take it as a needless dig and some won’t.

Do you honestly think it was done with any reverence to the last scheme? Man please.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

Man I’ve been posting about the WR’s, LJ as a QB, the OLine, & all I read is about jersey color and music. Can we talk Football?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

I don’t see it as any kind of thank you and I don’t think any thank yous are necessary. Imo it was an obvious statement of what we have moved from and changed to.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
& Thank Gawd we moving forward.

That said, I agree @Boomergump the dline especially is a total rebuild. I’m not sure what they are gonna run but right now the de’s are more olb’s so it looks more like a 3-3-5 with dingle being completely undersized. Lee & Brad will have to spend all summer working on the switch, cause the Dline is light. Way light.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Name one time CGC has not given CPJ praise and reverence? This is in line with what he’s said and done since he’s been here

That’s a silly question. Is he supposed to praise CPJ every time he speaks? He doesn’t. So almost every time he has said anything he hasn’t given praise.

I don’t expect him to praise the prior staff. I don’t expect him to say he isn’t planning to make prior Tech history look pathetic in comparison.

His message from day one has been about moving away from the 3O and to a pro style. The formation change was just another “statement” along those lines.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
& Thank Gawd we moving forward.

That said, I agree @Boomergump the dline especially is a total rebuild. I’m not sure what they are gonna run but right now the de’s are more olb’s so it looks more like a 3-3-5 with dingle being completely undersized. Lee & Brad will have to spend all summer working on the switch, cause the Dline is light. Way light.

Disagree on the Dingle part.

Friday is the 1st time everyone got to see how big of a loss Adams is football wise. 6’2 325lbs and in great football shape is hard to find. We are expecting a lot of attrition soon so i pray a DT is searching for a home.

Missing that depth is forcing an outside-in shift. Guys like Owens and Dawson being kicked inside when they should be SDE and using Henderson as pass rusher instead of a WLB. Let’s continue to hope Chimedza, Glanton and other DTs pick it up and put it all together this summer bc we need them to be effective on defense

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Disagree on the Dingle part.

Friday is the 1st time everyone got to see how big of a loss Adams is football wise. 6’2 325lbs and in great football shape is hard to find. We are expecting a lot of attrition soon so i pray a DT is searching for a home.

Missing that depth is forcing an outside-in shift. Guys like Owens and Dawson being kicked inside when they should be SDE and using Henderson as pass rusher instead of a WLB. Let’s continue to hope Chimedza, Glanton and other DTs pick it up and put it all together this summer bc we need them to be effective on defense

Camp may start day 1. Opposing coordinators gonna say just run at them. Gonna have to be fast on the line and shot gaps.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
And right there is a good example of going in the wrong direction. Football, and every other sport is an entertainment....i.e PAYING customers. Everything should be focused on getting more butts in seats, not "what the entertainers want" Their compensation is the scholarship and ultimately a degree. Their focus should be on winning games, not what frikkin music is being played in the stands.
hah! That works if the "entertainers" are paid adults. Here they're not. This is about what it takes to recruit 17-18 year old kids. The Spring Game is not about you or me, as much as we'd like it to be. It's the final scrimmage of Spring Practice and is there as a reward for 3 weeks of hard-*** practice. It's also leveraged as a recruiting tool for future players. At the far end of the importance scale is the opportunity for old people like you and me to see the guys play. The Spring Game is not about drumming up season ticket sales.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We were typing the same reply at the same time. Some of them are Tech faithful but their opinions are tired and they have become the relative that no one talks to on holidays.

:LOL:You probably aren’t gonna be reading this but.....

Is it really so controversial to see that formation change as something other than a tribute? Lol. I didn’t even perceive it as a dig but.....ok. :D

Animal02

Banned
hah! That works if the "entertainers" are paid adults. Here they're not. This is about what it takes to recruit 17-18 year old kids. The Spring Game is not about you or me, as much as we'd like it to be. It's the final scrimmage of Spring Practice and is there as a reward for 3 weeks of hard-*** practice. It's also leveraged as a recruiting tool for future players. At the far end of the importance scale is the opportunity for old people like you and me to see the guys play. The Spring Game is not about drumming up season ticket sales.
Was not thinking about the spring game in particular....more about the generic complaints about music etc, as well as the trend in comments regarding game day stuff.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It only takes a few ignores and it’s good again. Just go to any thread that was hijacked and turned into a shade of gold or blue/uniform style/CPJ is gone thread and block the top 3 posters by volume.

Loved the atmosphere Friday night. I’m excited to see what’s next.
Ignore. It's like putting on noise-cancelling head phones. Ahhhhh!!!!!