Special Ed Conference

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After yesterday's ACC split with PITT losing and MIA winning combined with A&M's loss:
vs NON PWR 5: SEC 22-5, ACC 16-5
vs FCS: SEC 11-0, ACC 12-1
vs PWR 5 (+ND): SEC 6-10, ACC 15-9
HEAD to HEAD: SEC 3 wins, ACC 7 wins

Lot's of football left, but the results sure are sobering for the special ed folks right now. Check that.....nothing is ever sobering for them. Even losses are proof of dominance.
It is just tearful what is happening to the nation's flag bearing conference, the best conference in the entire history of organized sports, not just football. You may not have noticed, but the earth has also started spinning off its axis. It is just simply that un-natural.

At the conclusion of tody's action, with USC and ARK both losing and VT winning, the 2016 season numbers look like this:
vs NON PWR 5: SEC 22-6, ACC 16-5
vs FCS: SEC 11-0, ACC 12-1
vs PWR 5 (+ND): SEC 6-11, ACC 16-9
HEAD to HEAD: SEC 3 wins, ACC 8 wins

The ACC has now clinched the season series vs the SEC. The resumes look so ridiculously one sided it is flat out embarrassing for any conference, let alone one that blindly claims superiority. Bowl games you ask? Well, the ACC is presently 5-1 and the SEC 1-4.

Go Horned Frogs!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
The resumes look so ridiculously one sided it is flat out embarrassing for any conference, let alone one that blindly claims superiority. Bowl games you ask? Well, the ACC is presently 5-1 and the SEC 1-4.

I think you underestimate the spinsters. At this point, they will say that you have the top teams from other conferences winning against the bottom of the SEC.(They will ignore that they have said that the top teams in other conferences are lesser than the bottom teams in the SEC. They will ignore that they have said that the top teams in other conferences would not be able to qualify for a bowl game if they played in the SEC.) If they go 2-10 with Alabama winning, they will say that the SEC is so deep that they beat each other up all year long and were unable to keep up with teams that played lesser schedules at the end of the season.(The fact that they lost is proof that the SEC is the better conference.) The only thing that I can't come up with an excuse for is if Alabama loses to Washington. If they go 1-11 and don't have the top team, then I think the "beat ourselves up" excuse will seem petty even to them.

Personally I believe that all of the P5 except B12 have already caught up with and surpassed them. However, if you allow the spinsters to change the metrics every week to fit the current situation, the SEC will always be the best conference by their measurements.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
What is evident, regardless of record, is the SEC's quality of coaching. A few years ago they had some of the best in the country. Their talent has been fired or moved on. Maybe the Saban effect, but it is apparent from where I sit.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
How good do we know Alabama really is? They have played their schedule in one of the weakest conferences this year. They look great, but in the end, is it all just a mirage of surprisingly weak opponents? We shall see soon. Personally, I think they are as good as any other team out there, but if you had to choose a power conference to be a member of this year (in order to go undefeated) it would be the SEC.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
How good do we know Alabama really is? They have played their schedule in one of the weakest conferences this year. They look great, but in the end, is it all just a mirage of surprisingly weak opponents? We shall see soon. Personally, I think they are as good as any other team out there, but if you had to choose a power conference to be a member of this year (in order to go undefeated) it would be the SEC.
Don't get me wrong - I think the SEC has the best talent of any conference. Where I think they fall short is their players attitude and coaches. The players think they don't have to work because they're in the SEC. The coaches have been destroyed by Saban. No one lasts 5 years without beating him.

It all leases to massively underachieving teams and players.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
That's why we need a real playoff. I can't get over the fact that college football fans will let a committee tell us who has the worthy teams and who is the worthy conference so ESPN can make more money. Everyone else, FCS, division 2 and every other sport has a real playoff. Yet we sit back and let ESPN dictate to us who is the champion. I just hope the wall tumbles in my lifetime.