Special Ed Conference

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It is just tearful what is happening to the nation's flag bearing conference, the best conference in the entire history of organized sports, not just football. You may not have noticed, but the earth has also started spinning off its axis. It is just simply that un-natural.

At the conclusion of tody's action, with USC and ARK both losing and VT winning, the 2016 season numbers look like this:
vs NON PWR 5: SEC 22-6, ACC 16-5
vs FCS: SEC 11-0, ACC 12-1
vs PWR 5 (+ND): SEC 6-11, ACC 16-9
HEAD to HEAD: SEC 3 wins, ACC 8 wins

The ACC has now clinched the season series vs the SEC. The resumes look so ridiculously one sided it is flat out embarrassing for any conference, let alone one that blindly claims superiority. Bowl games you ask? Well, the ACC is presently 5-1 and the SEC 1-4.

Go Horned Frogs!
Just as soon as I get "froggy" the SEC decides to have a good day. After a pair of bowl wins for them and a hard fought split for the ACC the results look like this:
vs PWR 5 (+ND): SEC 8-11, ACC 17-10

Today will be a big day considering the head to head matchups in the morning. Go Jackets!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I understand that we are accustomed to the way it is and the narrative that it takes away from the regular season but every other football division has a 16 team tournament. FBS, Division 2, high school, I don't watch the NFL so I'm not sure about them. Every other college sport has a comprehensive playoff where a true champion is crowned. All but FBS football? It's ridiculous.

Do you know if the lower divisions have conference championship games (I have no idea, not a rhetorical question)? If not, that might be a reason why you'd only have an 8 team playoff since that's a de-facto first round.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Do you know if the lower divisions have conference championship games (I have no idea, not a rhetorical question)? If not, that might be a reason why you'd only have an 8 team playoff since that's a de-facto first round.

They do not. It also is not a 16 team playoff. FCS has a 24 team playoff. Div 2 has a 32 team playoff. Div 3 has a 40 team playoff. The lower divisions also play fewer regular season games. FCS 11, Div 2 11, Div 3 up to 10.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just as soon as I get "froggy" the SEC decides to have a good day. After a pair of bowl wins for them and a hard fought split for the ACC the results look like this:
vs PWR 5 (+ND): SEC 8-11, ACC 17-10

Today will be a big day considering the head to head matchups in the morning. Go Jackets!
Both the SEC and the ACC went 2 and 1 yesterday, also splitting a head to head match up. So, as the season is winding to a close, the numbers look like this:

vs PWR 5 (+ND): SEC 10-12, ACC 19-11
HEAD to HEAD: SEC 4 wins, ACC 9 wins

In terms of bowls, the SEC stands at 5-5 while the ACC is at 8-3. The SEC has two games left in the regular bowl line up and the ACC is done. Both conferences made the national championship game after pretty emphatic semifinal wins. Regardless of the outcome of the championship game, it is pretty clear at this point that the ACC had the superior season by any reasonable measure. A Clemson win would shatter the backboard in the face of the SEC. A win for Bammer would merely gain some respect back for the fallen angels and keep them in the argument to some degree.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Um, forget all this data/analysis. Listening to college fball XM and their morning show (i.e. Greg McElroy) says, "Ehhhhh, you can't read too much into bowl records to say one conference is better than another ... uhhhhh, ahhhh, blah, blah, blah".

Idiots. If head-to-head matchups mean nothing ... uh, what are we doing here? {palms raised}

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Um, forget all this data/analysis. Listening to college fball XM and their morning show (i.e. Greg McElroy) says, "Ehhhhh, you can't read too much into bowl records to say one conference is better than another ... uhhhhh, ahhhh, blah, blah, blah".

Idiots. If head-to-head matchups mean nothing ... uh, what are we doing here? {palms raised}

Wait until next Tuesday. IF Auburn wins tonight and Alabama beats Clemson, I just about guarantee that McElroy will then say that the bowl records are proof of the dominance of the SEC.