Special Ed Conference

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Something to think about:

If we beat UK in the bowl game, and the Vols to start 2017, we will have beaten 4 Members of th SEC East and gone 4-0. Which makes us SEC East champions (kinda) since we'll have a better winning percentage than UF. Worst case scenario, no worse than 2nd in SEC East.

GT would totally run that wannabe SEC conference....

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
We know that Bama is the best coached team in their conference. You could argue they have better athletes. But according to recruiting rankings, they are marginally better than the rest of the SEC. I contend that the SEC has really gone down coaching wise. They lost Fulmer, Petrino, Richt, Meyer, Miles, Spurrier, Franklin, Chizik, etc. It remains to be seen how many replacements were upgrades. I would say one or two at best.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Hilarious video but does anyone remember former UGA assistant basketball coach Jim Harrick Jr.'s actual final exam given to a class composed of the team .... unbelievable!

http://www.redandblack.com/news/jim...cle_f96e462b-0562-5da0-85f7-dbfac20ed8e9.html

The real scandal actually was hushed "covered up". An inside source informed me that the chair of the math department was furious that Harrick Jr. stole questions from the math department test files.

In particular, the questions involving halves, quarters, and how many points is earned from a made 3 point shot. Those were all developed by the math chair and given to Harrick by a ga that thought they could apply to a basketball test as well. Math chair was furious.:sneaky:

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well my friends, the regular season is complete and the resumes of our beloved (and hated) conferences await only the bowl games. There is no more helium to pump into the SEC for the moment, as time and time again they prove to be a fraud. This weekend was no exception. Despite pulling in the very best of the recruiting classes (according to the subscription hungry geeks) year after year, employing the very best coaches money can buy, receiving beyond delusional support from the media, and putting more butts in the seats (from those who buy into the fraud), the best the SEC can do in the end is identify as below average in the PWR 5 landscape. Consider the individual cases of Ole Miss and GT. The Rebel Bears enjoyed weekly rankings in the top 20 and took forever to drop out, even after the losses continued to mount. They finished 5-7 and looked ridiculous along the way, with the only exception being a drubbing of the Bulldogs which served as "evidence" of their true strength. Even a loss (albeit a close one) to the Tide served as proof of excellence. The Jackets, on the other hand, finished 8-4 and never once sniffed the top 25. Bear in mind, I am not making the argument that we should have either. In truth, GT has a chance to wiggle back in with a bowl victory, I imagine. At that point we will have earned it. Such is life in the two conferences. Even losses in the SEC are viewed as prestigious as the great assumption of "dominance" continues. ACC schools must defeat the presumption of mediocrity before even being considered worthy of displacing one of the media darlings. The "post regular season" resumes are below. I'll let you all decide who has the better conference.

vs NON PWR 5: SEC 21-5, ACC 16-5
vs FCS: SEC 11-0, ACC 12-1
vs PWR 5 (+ND): SEC 6-8, ACC 12-8
HEAD to HEAD: SEC 3 wins, ACC 6 wins

From the evidence presented, apparently, the thing the SEC knows how to do best is play "bully" against lower level programs and poke their chest out. When they have a chance to pick on somebody their own size, they just don't have the MOJO. It's no wonder why they schedule 6 fewer games against their own level than the ACC does.

At this point, the only hope remaining for the SEC is to have a stellar bowl season. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were an SEC fan. I forget how many ACC vs SEC match ups there are during bowl season, but they will need close to a clean sweep just to pull things even. Have no illusions folks, regardless of what happens, the drum beat will go on for the Special Ed Conference.
With MSST surviving against MIAMI OH via the blocked FG, VANDY losing handily to another ACC foe in NCST, and BC beating MARYLAND, the numbers look like this:
vs NON PWR 5: SEC 22-5, ACC 16-5
vs FCS: SEC 11-0, ACC 12-1
vs PWR 5 (+ND): SEC 6-9, ACC 14-8
HEAD to HEAD: SEC 3 wins, ACC 7 wins

There are quite a few bowl games to go, but at this point there is little doubt which conference has the better resume.

SEC = O-V-E-R R-A-T-E-D
What are the talking heads going to do? Chuckle Head and Churned Up are going to have a hard time spinning this on 680.

Last edited: