Special Ed Conference

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
With MSST surviving against MIAMI OH via the blocked FG, VANDY losing handily to another ACC foe in NCST, and BC beating MARYLAND, the numbers look like this:
vs NON PWR 5: SEC 22-5, ACC 16-5
vs FCS: SEC 11-0, ACC 12-1
vs PWR 5 (+ND): SEC 6-9, ACC 14-8
HEAD to HEAD: SEC 3 wins, ACC 7 wins

There are quite a few bowl games to go, but at this point there is little doubt which conference has the better resume.

SEC = O-V-E-R R-A-T-E-D
What are the talking heads going to do? Chuckle Head and Churned Up are going to have a hard time spinning this on 680.

Could you put together B1G data?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
With MSST surviving against MIAMI OH via the blocked FG, VANDY losing handily to another ACC foe in NCST, and BC beating MARYLAND, the numbers look like this:

There are quite a few bowl games to go, but at this point there is little doubt which conference has the better resume.

SEC = O-V-E-R R-A-T-E-D
What are the talking heads going to do? Chuckle Head and Churned Up are going to have a hard time spinning this on 680.
At 5-7, how did Mississippi State even get into a bowl? I'm guessing it must be manifestation of "SEC quality loss mathematics" wherein five conference losses are somehow equivalent with two actual wins...

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
At 5-7, how did Mississippi State even get into a bowl? I'm guessing it must be manifestation of "SEC quality loss mathematics" wherein five conference losses are somehow equivalent with two actual wins...
When there aren't enough bowl eligible teams (6-wins), they give bids based on Academic Progress Rate (APR). So believe it or not, Miss St got in due to their athletes' (not only football) stellar academic performance.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer

Nah. SEC quality academics. If not enough 6 win teams, 5-7 teams fill spots in order of APR. Cow tipping 101 gets you to a bowl game.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Right. We all know what a GRIND it is to play in that conference. They could be an 8 win team in another conference. Yeah right. OK. It really showed against Miami OH. They got beat in every way but the scoreboard.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Going into the final week, Duke had a chance to qualify as a 5-win team if they'd upset Miami because they were one of the highest ranked APR in the nation. That didn't happen but yeah what a shock that Mississippi State of all places also had a high APR score! Didn't think they even know how to spell "academics" over there, let alone do well at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Some people I head last night tiptoed up to the edge, but no one took the last step. I heard WTTE Heavily favored MSU barely held on the beat Miami O. I heard Two 6-6 teams coming off big wins over conference rivals. I heard Vandy put up huge points in the last two games against Ole Miss and Tennessee, but couldn't do much offensively against NC State. If the trend continues, it will be interesting to hear the first instance of someone taking the last step, which would be Gee, maybe the SEC ain't so hot this year.

I think I would be almost as pleased with Gee, look how many out of conference games the ACC is winning. Maybe they are good this year.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Going into the final week, Duke had a chance to qualify as a 5-win team if they'd upset Miami because they were one of the highest ranked APR in the nation. That didn't happen but yeah what a shock that Mississippi State of all places also had a high APR score! Didn't think they even know how to spell "academics" over there, let alone do well at it.

Hey, who do you think UNC learned how to play the "academics for athletes" games from? They didn't invent that stuff, the SEC 'schools' (and I use that term loosely) did. Remember the basketball final at UGa? Now, THAT's how you manage your APR. NCAA be damned!

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Nothing's gonna change about the SEC narrative unless Washington upsets Alabama. As down as they've been this year, Bama is propping-up every single one of their opponents, defying all logic.

LloydC

Georgia Tech Fan

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

SEC = O-V-E-R R-A-T-E-D
After yesterday's ACC split with PITT losing and MIA winning combined with A&M's loss:
vs PWR 5 (+ND): SEC 6-10, ACC 15-9

Lot's of football left, but the results sure are sobering for the special ed folks right now. Check that.....nothing is ever sobering for them. Even losses are proof of dominance.