Special Ed Conference

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
They've had plenty of studs year in and year out, highly touted players at every position. They act like Smart is gonna bring in more talent than they've had but he's not. Will he do more with it is yet to be seen but Richt didn't do a bad job, he got fired for not being Saban basically. Smart did however get a potential all time great QB (thanks to Richt) to start his career off so he'll at least make it until one year A.E. (After Eason)
If he goes 7-5 this season he'll have until 2018 to get it turned around before he has to look for a Coordinator job somewhere. The wolves will be out for him and the honeymoon will be over quickly if they finish the season 7-5

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
If he goes 7-5 this season he'll have until 2018 to get it turned around before he has to look for a Coordinator job somewhere. The wolves will be out for him and the honeymoon will be over quickly if they finish the season 7-5
The sec east is pitiful and auburn has been in a slump since their championship run. Uga may lose to fla but I see it unlikely, but the will be far more talented than anyone else they play Vandy, Kentucky, and SC should be easy wins for them. Fla, Auburn and hopefully GT are really their only potential loses. They realistically have a good chance to win out. I honestly think we would be better off swapping schedules with uga

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The sec east is pitiful and auburn has been in a slump since their championship run. Uga may lose to fla but I see it unlikely, but the will be far more talented than anyone else they play Vandy, Kentucky, and SC should be easy wins for them. Fla, Auburn and hopefully GT are really their only potential loses. They realistically have a good chance to win out. I honestly think we would be better off swapping schedules with uga
There will be a lot of distance between Tennessee at #1(I think 10-2) and Florida at #2(I think 9-3) and UGAG at #3(I think 7-5) in the SEC East.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After week 5:
vs NON PWR 5 FBS: SEC 16-3, ACC 13-3
vs FCS: SEC 6-0, ACC 11-1
vs BIG 10: SEC 0-1, ACC 3-1
vs PAC 12: SEC 2-0, ACC 0-1
vs BIG 12: SEC 1-1, ACC 0-1
HEAD to HEAD: ACC 3 wins, SEC 2 wins

All totaled vs PWR 5 (includes ND): SEC 5-5, ACC 7-6

We will see where the polls are tonight.
Sorry for the delay: After week 6

vs NON PWR 5 FBS: SEC 16-3, ACC 14-3
vs BIG10: SEC 0-1, ACC 3-1

All totaled vs PWR 5 (includes ND): SEC 5-5, ACC 8-6

Give SEC credit for playing more non pwr 5 and fewer FCS. Give ACC credit for playing more PWR 5 and winning a higher percentage. Give ACC credit for a winning record head to head.

Conclusion: ACC has better resume at this point in 2016.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Give SEC credit for playing more non pwr 5 and fewer FCS. Give ACC credit for playing more PWR 5 and winning a higher percentage. Give ACC credit for a winning record head to head.

Here's Tennessee's OOC schedule for the next few seasons

2016:Tennessee Tech
2017:GT,Indiana St,UMass,Southern Miss
2018:West Virginia(In Charlotte),East Tennessee St,UTEP,Charlotte
2019:Georgia State.Chattanooga,UAB
2020:Charlotte

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

After SEC losing to BYU and beating SMISS and GT beating GSU the season records look like this:
vs NON PWR5 FBS: SEC 17-4, ACC15-3
vs BIG 10: SEC 0-1, ACC 3-1
vs BIG 12: SEC1-1, ACC 0-1
HEAD to HEAD ACC 3 wins, SEC 2 wins

All Totaled vs PWR5 (plus ND) SEC 5-5, ACC 8-6

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Tennessee got stomped like i thought they would but they will still win the SEC East with a 10-2 record over 8-4 Florida and 7-5 Georgia.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Technically, ND shouldn't be in the ACC. I know you know that, but they are dragging "our" average down this year - 0-3 against P5? Do they account for all of "our" losses to B10, B12 and PAC 12? So the "true" ACC record, like JHowell does, is higher.

I know it is inevitable for money, but I'd rather not have ND in the ACC for football.