Special Ed Conference

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I am really not one for looking too far down the road, but the vast majority of games left will either be FCS cupcakes or within conference for pretty much everybody until rivalry week and the bowls. Rivalry week doesn't look real good for the Special Ed folks: L'ville vs KY (heavy ACC fav), UGA vs GT (toss up), UF vs FSU (toss up), CLEM vs USC (heavy ACC fav)

You are using too much logic. We know from experience that the four SEC teams in rivalry week don't prove anything because they are from the weak division. Except.... if the teams from the West lose bowl games and teams from the East win, THEN they are part of the conference and prove strength.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Best case scenario would probably be for UT to play LSU in the seccg after Bama loses a couple. A 6-3 ugly game may leave the ESecPN conference at home.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It will be interesting to see where the rankings end up after this week. I have giggled every week that Ole MISS continued to stay in the rankings despite their losses. They jusr HAD to be the top ranked 3 loss team and in the top 25. After all, the pundits KNOW who the best teams are, right? NOT!!!!! They lose again. How much helium does this team have? Will they still be ranked as a losing team? How much of a bump will LSU get? I mean, that was one huge QUALITY win at home, right?

And therein lies the rub (emphasis on "lies"). I wouldn't be surprised to see OMiss still ranked. 'Cause of course, they lost to a MIGHTY SEC TEAM!! Their 4 losses were ALL quality losses, not normal losses like you other 4-loss teams. Nevermind the fact that another vaunted SEC team lost to Mid TN St.

Alabama is shamlessly protected by CBS...at a key point in the game against TAM...an obvious targeting call was NOT made and the dialogue by the announcer was it was true to the rules because the return person was not "defenseless"...the announcer was have problems delivering that orchestrated response...ARGh!

It was ridiculous. They, rightfully, called the official out for the no-call. Showed multiple slow-motion replays where they said, "See, helmet-to-helmet, should be targeting". Literally after the next commercial break, they came back and said STTE: "Yeah, the SEC officials called and said because he wasn't defenseless, it's not targeting ......." You could hear the guy choking on that explanation but he went with it.

To my surprise, they later put the actual rule on the screen where it said nothing about "defenseless" being a mitigating factor for the targeting call. It's helmet-to-helmet regardless of defenseless or not. IOW, the SEC official either flat-out lied and forced them to go on air with his lie or he flat-out didn't know the rule.

Am I wrong on this? The CFB XM show this morning (Bama homer Greg Mcelroy and the other host) also cited "he wasn't defenseless" as an excuse for the official(s). Then they proceeded to talk down to anyone suggesting the officials were wrong or complicit here. Which is why I'll no longer listen but that's a whole other issue.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Something which I would love to see would be for Bama to lose one, or maybe Michigan. Assuming the loss wasn't a blowout, Bama would probably still make the four team playoff. If there were a few unbeatens who didn't make it, they would howl. All the one loss teams would raise a huge stink as to why Bama made it and they didn't. If the fallout was ugly enough, there would be talk of an 8 team playoff. Which I would love to see for several reasons.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Those crazy Uga fans thought they had to get Kirby Smart because he was DC for Bama. Let me tell you something, Bama has so much talent, money, and academic advantages that I could coach their defense and they would win. I say that because Sabin would be telling me how to coach.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
And therein lies the rub (emphasis on "lies"). I wouldn't be surprised to see OMiss still ranked. 'Cause of course, they lost to a MIGHTY SEC TEAM!! Their 4 losses were ALL quality losses, not normal losses like you other 4-loss teams. Nevermind the fact that another vaunted SEC team lost to Mid TN St.

It was ridiculous. They, rightfully, called the official out for the no-call. Showed multiple slow-motion replays where they said, "See, helmet-to-helmet, should be targeting". Literally after the next commercial break, they came back and said STTE: "Yeah, the SEC officials called and said because he wasn't defenseless, it's not targeting ......." You could hear the guy choking on that explanation but he went with it.

To my surprise, they later put the actual rule on the screen where it said nothing about "defenseless" being a mitigating factor for the targeting call. It's helmet-to-helmet regardless of defenseless or not. IOW, the SEC official either flat-out lied and forced them to go on air with his lie or he flat-out didn't know the rule.

Am I wrong on this? The CFB XM show this morning (Bama homer Greg Mcelroy and the other host) also cited "he wasn't defenseless" as an excuse for the official(s). Then they proceeded to talk down to anyone suggesting the officials were wrong or complicit here. Which is why I'll no longer listen but that's a whole other issue.

Has Comey moved from FBI to SEC?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Those crazy Uga fans thought they had to get Kirby Smart because he was DC for Bama. Let me tell you something, Bama has so much talent, money, and academic advantages that I could coach their defense and they would win. I say that because Sabin would be telling me how to coach.
+1000

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
An update on JHowell. The poor play of the SEC will not go unnoticed, it just takes a while to work through the stats since the previous year ranking carries over to the next year.

The SEC as a conference started with a Power Ranking (PR) of .680. Given their poor OOC play, they are down to .655 (-.025). The ACC started at .606 and is up to .624 (+.018). If we were to end the season here, these power rankings would carry over to next year and get modified in the next year's game. http://www.jhowell.net/cf/cf2016.htm

All the ACC needs to do to shut up the SEC fanatics is consistently win.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
In other SpedConference news, apparently all-universe RB Jalen Hurd has quit on TN and will transfer/switch positions ....

http://campussports.net/2016/10/31/report-tennessee-rb-jalen-hurd-to-transfer-switch-positions/

Dang bruh, if you're gonna bold mid-season, at least do it before that deadline like the backup Bama QB did. Don't cost yourself a year. Anyways, I have a huge anti-TN bias goin' so I'm taking pleasure in their spiral.
There’s some stuff going around with Butch

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Another week, another SEC loss to a non-PWR 5 team. This is how we stand more than half way through:
vs NON PWR5: SEC 18-5 (.783), ACC 15-3 (.833)
vs FCS: SEC 7-0 (1.000), ACC 11-1 (.917)
vs BIG 10: SEC 0-1, ACC 3-1
vs PAC 12: SEC 2-0, ACC 0-1
vs BIG 12: SEC 1-1, ACC 0-1
HEAD to HEAD: ACC 3 wins, SEC 2 wins

All totaled vs PWR5 (+ND): SEC 5-5 (.500), ACC 8-6 (.571)

Against all FBS: SEC 23-10 (.697) ACC 23-9 (.718)

Against all CFB: SEC 30-10(.750), ACC 34-10 (.773)

It will be interesting to see where the rankings end up after this week. I have giggled every week that Ole MISS continued to stay in the rankings despite their losses. They jusr HAD to be the top ranked 3 loss team and in the top 25. After all, the pundits KNOW who the best teams are, right? NOT!!!!! They lose again. How much helium does this team have? Will they still be ranked as a losing team? How much of a bump will LSU get? I mean, that was one huge QUALITY win at home, right?

I am really not one for looking too far down the road, but the vast majority of games left will either be FCS cupcakes or within conference for pretty much everybody until rivalry week and the bowls. Rivalry week doesn't look real good for the Special Ed folks: L'ville vs KY (heavy ACC fav), UGA vs GT (toss up), UF vs FSU (toss up), CLEM vs USC (heavy ACC fav)
After a difficult week for the ACC and the mighty SEC winning against New Mexico St and surviving Samford the race is tightening.
vs NON POWER 5: SEC 19-5, ACC 15-4
vs FCS: SEC 8-0, ACC 11-1
vs POWER 5 (+ND): SEC 5-5, ACC 8-7

Head to Head: ACC 3 wins, SEC 2 wins.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Glad to see you're still going given the SEC still has 5 teams in the Top 13 including Texas A&M over Washington. I hate this committee so much :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I bet the eye test keeps giving all these teams credit for beating the almighty 3-5 Ole Miss. I wonder how many votes they still got for the Top 25.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Those crazy Uga fans thought they had to get Kirby Smart because he was DC for Bama. Let me tell you something, Bama has so much talent, money, and academic advantages that I could coach their defense and they would win. I say that because Saban would be telling me how to coach.

Bingo, Ringo. What everybody seemed to forget over in Athens is that at Bammer, the D is Saban's. Not the DC; Saban. D is his business card and he is a fanatic about it. This, imho, is why Bammer Os are so fricking boring. It's just slam, slam, slam with the occasional pass when the other side gets careless. But D? That's another story.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After a difficult week for the ACC and the mighty SEC winning against New Mexico St and surviving Samford the race is tightening.
vs NON POWER 5: SEC 19-5, ACC 15-4
vs FCS: SEC 8-0, ACC 11-1
vs POWER 5 (+ND): SEC 5-5, ACC 8-7

Head to Head: ACC 3 wins, SEC 2 wins.
Next up is rivalry week. It should be interesting to see how it plays out. The Special Ed Follks had a lot of out of conference games against whipping boys this week, so here are the updates and current results heading into the busiest out of conference part of the season.

vs NON PWR 5: SEC 21-5, ACC 16-5
vs FCS: SEC 11-0, ACC 12-1
vs POWER 5 (+ND): SEC 5-5, ACC 9-7

It is interesting to note that the ACC now has played 6 more games out of conference against POWER 5 teams than the mighty SEC, who prefer non PWR 5 opponents it seems.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Next up is rivalry week. It should be interesting to see how it plays out. The Special Ed Follks had a lot of out of conference games against whipping boys this week, so here are the updates and current results heading into the busiest out of conference part of the season.

vs NON PWR 5: SEC 21-5, ACC 16-5
vs FCS: SEC 11-0, ACC 12-1
vs POWER 5 (+ND): SEC 5-5, ACC 9-7

It is interesting to note that the ACC now has played 6 more games out of conference against POWER 5 teams than the mighty SEC, who prefer non PWR 5 opponents it seems.
If you post these results anonymously, any intelligent football fan would pick the ACC over the SEC. The big reveal will be rivalry week.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
clem - aub, sc 2-0
louisv- kenty 0-1
fsu - miss,fla 2-0
vt - tenn 0-1
unc - uga 0-1
gt- vandy,uga2-0
total 6-3

any time petrino and his lapdawg grantham lose is ok with me even if to sec. I like the Jackson kid - poor thing.

onto the bowls - season isn't over yet on acc vs sec.