Special Ed Conference

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Kentucky could make a decent case for saying they're 3rd best in the SEC east, maybe 2nd best. Yes, I mean in football. :ROFLMAO:

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Technically, ND shouldn't be in the ACC. I know you know that, but they are dragging "our" average down this year - 0-3 against P5? Do they account for all of "our" losses to B10, B12 and PAC 12? So the "true" ACC record, like JHowell does, is higher.

I know it is inevitable for money, but I'd rather not have ND in the ACC for football.
I am not counting ND as an ACC team. I am counting them as a PWR 5 level opponent, which I think is fair. 90% of their schedule is against PWR 5 teams. They are in the national discussion every year.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Listened to a bit from the talking heads today. Making the case that a two loss LSU champion, would make the playoffs over an undefeated Washington. Unbelievable!

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Listened to a bit from the talking heads today. Making the case that a two loss LSU champion, would make the playoffs over an undefeated Washington. Unbelievable!

If that were to happen I think the playoff committee would lose all respect. Washington is playing some good football right now and if they run the table they deserve a shot, I imagine they think a one loss Ohio State would get in ahead of them too if that's the case.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
If that were to happen I think the playoff committee would lose all respect. Washington is playing some good football right now and if they run the table they deserve a shot, I imagine they think a one loss Ohio State would get in ahead of them too if that's the case.
Agree. But, if this were to happen, what do you do with a possible one loss Bama?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After SEC losing to BYU and beating SMISS and GT beating GSU the season records look like this:
vs NON PWR5 FBS: SEC 17-4, ACC15-3
vs FCS: SEC 6-0, ACC 11-1
vs BIG 10: SEC 0-1, ACC 3-1
vs PAC 12: SEC 2-0, ACC 0-1
vs BIG 12: SEC1-1, ACC 0-1
HEAD to HEAD ACC 3 wins, SEC 2 wins

All Totaled vs PWR5 (plus ND) SEC 5-5, ACC 8-6
Another week, another SEC loss to a non-PWR 5 team. This is how we stand more than half way through:
vs NON PWR5: SEC 18-5 (.783), ACC 15-3 (.833)
vs FCS: SEC 7-0 (1.000), ACC 11-1 (.917)
vs BIG 10: SEC 0-1, ACC 3-1
vs PAC 12: SEC 2-0, ACC 0-1
vs BIG 12: SEC 1-1, ACC 0-1
HEAD to HEAD: ACC 3 wins, SEC 2 wins

All totaled vs PWR5 (+ND): SEC 5-5 (.500), ACC 8-6 (.571)

Against all FBS: SEC 23-10 (.697) ACC 23-9 (.718)

Against all CFB: SEC 30-10(.750), ACC 34-10 (.773)

It will be interesting to see where the rankings end up after this week. I have giggled every week that Ole MISS continued to stay in the rankings despite their losses. They jusr HAD to be the top ranked 3 loss team and in the top 25. After all, the pundits KNOW who the best teams are, right? NOT!!!!! They lose again. How much helium does this team have? Will they still be ranked as a losing team? How much of a bump will LSU get? I mean, that was one huge QUALITY win at home, right?

I am really not one for looking too far down the road, but the vast majority of games left will either be FCS cupcakes or within conference for pretty much everybody until rivalry week and the bowls. Rivalry week doesn't look real good for the Special Ed folks: L'ville vs KY (heavy ACC fav), UGA vs GT (toss up), UF vs FSU (toss up), CLEM vs USC (heavy ACC fav)

Last edited:

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Totally agree the SEC hype and coddling this past week has been disgusting. Hirbstreet was already explaining away UT's performance at the Bama game last night. They don't even hide it anymore. I will say this though. When you watch Bama, they seem unstoppable. We would kill for one of their DL, and they have about 6. They were pressuring (i.e., sacking) USC's QB with only 3 last night. I am proud of our guys (wouldn't trade them for the world), and even if it means losing is all we can could do, so be it. But it just doesn't seem fair. The good guys need to win once in awhile.
Alabama is shamlessly protected by CBS...at a key point in the game against TAM...an obvious targeting call was NOT made and the dialogue by the announcer was it was true to the rules because the return person was not "defenseless"...the announcer was have problems delivering that orchestrated response...ARGh!