Special Ed Conference

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Don't be so picky. That doesn't bother me at all, as long as he continues to write the kind of articles about Tech that he does. For not being a natural born (or educated) Tech fan, I think he does a damn good job.

I like him too, at least compared to his two predecessors. However, that's only because he's not always spinning against us. It's not like asking him to begin to learn the game and understand the college sport context is a big ask.

It's like when folk praise Roof for our D forcing 3 punts. Why the lowered expectations?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Don't be so picky. That doesn't bother me at all, as long as he continues to write the kind of articles about Tech that he does. For not being a natural born (or educated) Tech fan, I think he does a damn good job.
Remember Coley Harvey, the former GT beat writer from the Macon paper? He works at ESPN now. I was sad to see him leave the Macon paper because he always out-did the yahoo at the AJC. Kudos to Coley!

dm_160608_nfl_coley_harvey_ali.jpg

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ken is fine. Could be better, could be worse. I'm not as low on him as most (apparently CPJ included) but I do remember Harvey's coverage of GT was markedly better.

Oh and on Renfro, I'm pretty sure Clem lists him as an h-back which is typically synonymous with a tight end. Not saying he is a TE (he's not) but I can somewhat understand a person characterizing him as such.

Ken is fine. Could be better, could be worse. I'm not as low on him as most (apparently CPJ included) but I do remember Harvey's coverage of GT was markedly better.

Oh and on Renfro, I'm pretty sure Clem lists him as an h-back which is typically synonymous with a tight end. Not saying he is a TE (he's not) but I can somewhat understand a person characterizing him as such.
I understand, though I don't know as a fact, that CPJ is more or less ok with Ken now. Hell, he's got to realize that Ken, in spite of whatever weaknesses he might have, gives Tech AND Johnson more than a fair shake in his coverage, and it's a helluva lot more positive overall than that of any of the other AJC writers.