Special Ed Conference

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
they only want to play games in their own stadium for the most part. wasnt that part of the reason they cancelled our series? they only wanted to play gt in tuscaloosa.
I don't think anyone know the actual facts, so take anything you hear with a grain of salt. When it happened, the rumor was Alabama would only play at Tuscaloosa and the Dome, and we were having none of that. We were actually the ones who backed out.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't think anyone know the actual facts, so take anything you hear with a grain of salt. When it happened, the rumor was Alabama would only play at Tuscaloosa and the Dome, and we were having none of that. We were actually the ones who backed out.

They agreed to a home and home as long as both were home games for them which the dome would be.

northgajacket

Banned
great post. thanks for the stats.

i fully expect clemson to handle bama making our record 7-3 vs the sec.

i have said from the beginning that once the playoffs started that the sec would be exposed as a conference that has used favorable match ups and games close to home to build their mystique. THANKS TO ESPN. how many times has bama played in michigan or the osu horse shoe. tosu recently opened up their season playing a top 10 oklahoma IN OKLAHOMA.

they only want to play games in their own stadium for the most part. wasnt that part of the reason they cancelled our series? they only wanted to play gt in tuscaloosa.

speaking of 'special ed' i saw the ajc article where we graduated 22 athletes this past semester. congrats to all our athletes.

what im still waiting for is an similar article on the dwags. i either missed the article or it was not something they want to brag about. did they even graduate ANY athletes last semester?

buehler buehler. heh

I wouldn't be too proud of graduating with a housing degree.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
i have said from the beginning that once the playoffs started that the sec would be exposed as a conference that has used favorable match ups and games close to home to build their mystique. THANKS TO ESPN. how many times has bama played in michigan or the osu horse shoe.
Wonder how many people notice this? It seems like every time Alabama is in the playoffs they are practically playing home games. Atlanta sounded and looked like Birmingham or Tuscaloosa while Washington had to depend on fans traveling thousands of miles.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Wonder how many people notice this? It seems like every time Alabama is in the playoffs they are practically playing home games. Atlanta sounded and looked like Birmingham or Tuscaloosa while Washington had to depend on fans traveling thousands of miles.
#1 seed gets a geographically better bowl. It's a part of the deal. If you want a home game atmosphere, you've gotta be the top dog.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
#1 seed gets a geographically better bowl. It's a part of the deal. If you want a home game atmosphere, you've gotta be the top dog.
Then this will always pretty much favor the SEC since most of the bowl venues are in their footprint and much of the poll voting is influenced by the ESPN hype machine.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The Special Ed Conference went 1-1 on their final bowl day. With only the natty game remaining on the docket the numbers look like this for the 2016 CFB season:

vs NON PWR 5: SEC 22-6, ACC 16-5
vs FCS: SEC 11-0, ACC 12-1
vs PWR 5 (+ND): SEC 11-13, ACC 19-11
HEAD to HEAD: SEC 4 wins, ACC 9 wins

The funny part is, even if Bammer is fortunate enough to take home the crystal it won't be good enough to get the conference as a whole to .500 against power 5 competition this season. I don't want to say that the SEC is a bad conference. They are just bad compared to their undeserved reputation amongst the media. I would call them average. The east is below average and the west a little above average. It would be difficult for the SEC to make any rational claim to be better than any of the other P5 conferences. I am willing to bet, at this time, with the bowls in the books, that the ACC comes out on top of the Sagarin conference rankings and the like. Personally, I thought Clemson was the better team last year and my feelings are still the same in 2016. Hopefully they can finish this off in 2016, leaving the ACC standing over the SEC like a DE standing over a concussed QB after a monster sack.
I would like to start off by congratulating BAMA and CLEMSON on an amazingly hard fought and entertaining football game. This one had all the elements of any classic game. It was a rematch in which the ACC had lost the year before. The hype surrounding BAMA was heavily leaning towards strong favorite. CLEMSON started slowly and looked overwhelmed, building a sizable deficit in the process. Then they hit a play and their fuze was lit. They came from behind twice and managed to finish the deal with a single second left. BAMA did what seemingly every other SEC foe had done this season, and that was be just a little worse than every ACC team they played. They were competitive for sure. However, if you go by SEC homer standards over the years, then the final result means everything. It doesn't matter if you are close. In the end, the 2016 ACC reigns supreme and it isn't close:

vs NON PWR 5: SEC 22-6, ACC 16-5
vs FCS: SEC 11-0, ACC 12-1
vs PWR 5 (+ND): SEC 11-14, ACC 20-11
HEAD to HEAD: SEC 4 wins, ACC 10 wins
National Championships SEC 0 - ACC 1
Bowl Record: SEC 5-7, ACC 9-3

My friends, don't expect much change in how the fawning press heaps adoration on the southeast. The players weren't even off the field last night before the lofty predictions for 2017 began. Whatever! We can be content with the realization that we have been more than competitive for a while (if you look at the stats with any reasonable mindset) and TOTALLY DOMINANT this year. I am not even going to go back and look it it up. Maybe one of you all will want to, but I feel resonably sure, you will have to go a ways back to find ANY SEASON where the ACC got their butts whipped this bad by the SEC. Enjoy it for a while. We'll have to earn it again in the coming season. ACC! ACC! ACC!......