1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

So what did Joseph do?

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by travgt01, Feb 27, 2019.

1. whitegoldsphinx

whitegoldsphinx Helluva Engineer

Curious to know why they weren't with the team after everything that's transpired. Hope it's not related.

gtpi likes this.
  2. gtpi

gtpi Helluva Engineer

is Geórgia a 'right to fire you for any reason state?" my guess would be yes. Unless the contract dictates otherwise that is a tough one to over come.

and besides. without pictures it didnt happen! right?

3. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Helluva Engineer

Its different with jobs that have a contract. Yes they can fire you for any reason, but will owe you the buyout/remainder of the contract unless they fire you for a justifiable cause. Sounds like the fight will ultimately about whether they will have to pay her.

4. Buzzbomb

Buzzbomb Helluva Engineer

Georgia is still a right to work state, which benefits the employer. Contract verbiage, only exception.

Our two freshmen reached double figures. Seven players scored by halftime.
    Without our starting guards, we folded up tonight to the #15 team. Must go deep in the A.C.C. Tournament or might need to win it, to get an N.C.A.A. berth.

G.T. cannot comment publicly, until it’s resolved with an outcome. She had to be given the allegation made.

5. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Helluva Engineer

Totally disagree that CPJs retirement caught him off guard.

Gender Equity issue my azz. That would have been played out in the media before now by a sleezeball lawyer.

MJ, for whatever reason, screwed up in some way.

Hope an equitable dissolution can be reached that in no way hurts GT.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    gtpi likes this.
  6. AUFC

AUFC Helluva Engineer

Tempted to have a go at a joke about dropping Pastner's salary to CMJ's more reasonable $350k to achieve pay equity :whistle: but I'll forego for now. He has my support until about a year from now when I decide whether I want to exercise the 1-year option on him or not.

Buzzbomb likes this.
  7. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Why do I get the feeling that our women's basketball program is about to go the way of our softball and volleyball programs.....once very good and now after-thoughts......

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    vamosjackets and Buzzbomb like this.
  8. mstranahan

mstranahan Helluva Engineer

Hey @AUFC Nice win in CONCACAF last night. You going to next match?

AUFC likes this.
  9. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

It is.

10. grandpa jacket

grandpa jacket Helluva Engineer

That is different if you have a contract, that is why unions have steps employers have to go thru to fire someone.

awbuzz likes this.
  11. grandpa jacket

grandpa jacket Helluva Engineer

You are correct

12. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I would suspect it’s to show solidarity with CMJ.

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. If her pay is in the same ballpark as other female BBall coaches in the ACC and P5, I’m not sure what her angle would be, unless she just thinks she deserves 8x more money because that’s where CJP is. That complaint wouldn’t go far.

13. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

Think that's bad. Somebody I know joked about with whom the inappropriate relationship was and that maybe both'll be fired for cause.

Hey, I didn't say it was me that joked it. :whistle:

AUFC likes this.
  14. AUFC

AUFC Helluva Engineer

Trying to. It's the 18th game as part of our season ticket so I have a ticket to the match but my company has an All Hands meeting+dinner on one of the possible days for the game :banghead:

15. ncjacket79

ncjacket79 Helluva Engineer

Or they are involved?

16. Buzzbomb

Her compensation was approx. 687k and that accounted for 1/2 of one percent of the overall 11.3 m. in ticket sales by the G.T.A.A. for 2017.

CJP made approx. 1.8 m.(that Tech paid out)which accounted for roughly 15% of sales.

2016-17:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  17. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

On first glance, it sure seems like her pay is in a similar band to others absolute value, and compared to the men.

18. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

supper fuzzy math...
    The $687K out of $11.3M is closer to 5% not 0.5% (Actually would be over 6%).
    CPJ would be approx. 16%.

mstranahan likes this.
  19. Buzzbomb

That’s why the lawyer-ing claim isn’t exactly lining up.

20. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Also, there’s more to it than just ticket sales.

I can’t imagine this is about her demanding to get paid 3x more when she and he are right in the normal market bands (compared to other conferences and universities) from everything Ive seen.