So what did Joseph do?

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
is Geórgia a 'right to fire you for any reason state?" my guess would be yes. Unless the contract dictates otherwise that is a tough one to over come.

and besides. without pictures it didnt happen! right?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
is Geórgia a 'right to fire you for any reason state?" my guess would be yes. Unless the contract dictates otherwise that is a tough one to over come.

and besides. without pictures it didnt happen! right?

Its different with jobs that have a contract. Yes they can fire you for any reason, but will owe you the buyout/remainder of the contract unless they fire you for a justifiable cause. Sounds like the fight will ultimately about whether they will have to pay her.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Georgia is still a right to work state, which benefits the employer. Contract verbiage, only exception.

Our two freshmen reached double figures. Seven players scored by halftime.
Without our starting guards, we folded up tonight to the #15 team. Must go deep in the A.C.C. Tournament or might need to win it, to get an N.C.A.A. berth.

G.T. cannot comment publicly, until it’s resolved with an outcome. She had to be given the allegation made.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
This is really not good. Tstan obviously gets the branding and marketing side of the AA, but I am wondering if the personnel side of the house is in order. He seems to have hit a HR with the Collins hire, however CPJ's retirement caught him off guard. He also granted contract extensions to Hall and Pastner. LaBarrie was let go for reasons we still don't know Is he in over his head on personnel issues?

Totally disagree that CPJs retirement caught him off guard.

Gender Equity issue my azz. That would have been played out in the media before now by a sleezeball lawyer.

MJ, for whatever reason, screwed up in some way.

Hope an equitable dissolution can be reached that in no way hurts GT.

Last edited:

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Tempted to have a go at a joke about dropping Pastner's salary to CMJ's more reasonable $350k to achieve pay equity :whistle: but I'll forego for now. He has my support until about a year from now when I decide whether I want to exercise the 1-year option on him or not.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Why do I get the feeling that our women's basketball program is about to go the way of our softball and volleyball programs.....once very good and now after-thoughts......

Last edited:

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Its different with jobs that have a contract. Yes they can fire you for any reason, but will owe you the buyout/remainder of the contract unless they fire you for a justifiable cause. Sounds like the fight will ultimately about whether they will have to pay her.
You are correct

Deleted member 2897

Curious to know why they weren't with the team after everything that's transpired. Hope it's not related.

I would suspect it’s to show solidarity with CMJ.

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. If her pay is in the same ballpark as other female BBall coaches in the ACC and P5, I’m not sure what her angle would be, unless she just thinks she deserves 8x more money because that’s where CJP is. That complaint wouldn’t go far.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Tempted to have a go at a joke about dropping Pastner's salary to CMJ's more reasonable $350k to achieve pay equity :whistle: but I'll forego for now. He has my support until about a year from now when I decide whether I want to exercise the 1-year option on him or not.

Think that's bad. Somebody I know joked about with whom the inappropriate relationship was and that maybe both'll be fired for cause.

Hey, I didn't say it was me that joked it. :whistle:

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I would suspect it’s to show solidarity with CMJ.

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. If her pay is in the same ballpark as other female BBall coaches in the ACC and P5, I’m not sure what her angle would be, unless she just thinks she deserves 8x more money because that’s where CJP is. That complaint wouldn’t go far.
Or they are involved?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

Her compensation was approx. 687k and that accounted for 1/2 of one percent of the overall 11.3 m. in ticket sales by the G.T.A.A. for 2017.

CJP made approx. 1.8 m.(that Tech paid out)which accounted for roughly 15% of sales.

2016-17:

Chart1.jpeg

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

Her compensation was approx. 687k and that accounted for 1/2 of one percent of the overall 11.3 m. in ticket sales by the G.T.A.A. for 2017.

CJP made approx. 1.8 m.(that Tech paid out)which accounted for roughly 15% of sales.

2016-17:

Chart1.jpeg

On first glance, it sure seems like her pay is in a similar band to others absolute value, and compared to the men.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

2016-17:

supper fuzzy math...
The $687K out of $11.3M is closer to 5% not 0.5% (Actually would be over 6%).
CPJ would be approx. 16%.

Deleted member 2897

supper fuzzy math...
The $687K out of $11.3M is closer to 5% not 0.5% (Actually would be over 6%).
CPJ would be approx. 16%.

Also, there’s more to it than just ticket sales.

I can’t imagine this is about her demanding to get paid 3x more when she and he are right in the normal market bands (compared to other conferences and universities) from everything Ive seen.