So what did Joseph do?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Beleive me brother, there is a reason the number is 3 and not 1. It’s difficult when you have a job that prohibits you from separating social and professional. I understand that it’s not wise...that said...it’s easier said than done

Mmhmm. It's hard to come to understand that sometimes convenience ain't convenient.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
giphy.gif

Would've also accepted ...
Fc9elLu.gif

... you guys're jerks.

:D

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I think we can safely say she has coached her last game for GT. When you lawyer up and make accusations like that, no coming back. Just a matter of if they are gonna have to pay her.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think we can safely say she has coached her last game for GT. When you lawyer up and make accusations like that, no coming back. Just a matter of if they are gonna have to pay her.

Still premature but ... man I can't argue with your assessment.

Just when the administration thought they weren't gonna have to pay a basketball coaching search ....

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
This is really not good. Tstan obviously gets the branding and marketing side of the AA, but I am wondering if the personnel side of the house is in order. He seems to have hit a HR with the Collins hire, however CPJ's retirement caught him off guard. He also granted contract extensions to Hall and Pastner. LaBarrie was let go for reasons we still don't know Is he in over his head on personnel issues?

LibertyTurns

Banned
This is really not good. Tstan obviously gets the branding and marketing side of the AA, but I am wondering if the personnel side of the house is in order. He seems to have hit a HR with the Collins hire, however CPJ's retirement caught him off guard. He also granted contract extensions to Hall and Pastner. LaBarrie was let go for reasons we still don't know Is he in over his head on personnel issues?
Was wondering the same thing but more along the lines of judgment instead of incapable/overwhelmed.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Without Pan and Fletcher, we are fortunate to be up 1 point after 1 quarter.
The lack of depth might affect us later!

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Good grief. Looks like AD’s management of human resources under his purview may be lacking in some respects.

Never a good thing.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Was wondering the same thing but more along the lines of judgment instead of incapable/overwhelmed.
I don’t get what you guys are thinking. First, I don’t believe there is any possibility that the suspension is any sort of retaliation. I just have to believe that the AA is smarter than that. Seems like a likely scenerio parallels what law enforcement does with suspending w/o pay while they investigate. Somebody reported wrong doing bad enough that the AA knew that they couldn’t let CMJ continue to coach because after the fact their would be an outrage of “you knew that and you continued to let her coach” so they suspended her while they investigate the facts? I don’t understand why you are so quick to speculate that TSTAN is deficient. (The Dlab thing notwithstanding ...... I don’t understand why that took so long but maybe it will come out some day).

LibertyTurns

Banned
I don’t get what you guys are thinking. First, I don’t believe there is any possibility that the suspension is any sort of retaliation. I just have to believe that the AA is smarter than that. Seems like a likely scenerio parallels what law enforcement does with suspending w/o pay while they investigate. Somebody reported wrong doing bad enough that the AA knew that they couldn’t let CMJ continue to coach because after the fact their would be an outrage of “you knew that and you continued to let her coach” so they suspended her while they investigate the facts? I don’t understand why you are so quick to speculate that TSTAN is deficient. (The Dlab thing notwithstanding ...... I don’t understand why that took so long but maybe it will come out some day).
Haven’t reached a conclusion but some of the chain of events makes you shake your head. High integrity guys leaving unexpectedly and/or under odd circumstances, the Pastner & Gregory deal(s) & now this situation/media crapstorm. Sorry, but I’m not accustomed to GT having a bunch of side drama surrounding our sports teams.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
First you are speculating and I hope you are right. But its an ugly look right now. But she now has a very high profile attorney that is going to make this a very long drawn out thing in the press. We have players that didn't make the trip to the game to night. And you can't dismiss the Dlab thing. It happened on his watch. A manager can't afford multiple failures on his watch. Add in that she has 16 year experience here and the natural place to look is at the new management. We just lost a president because he couldn't manage his employees, its not out of the realm that an AD can't do the same.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck

You're Naive if you think CPJ's retirement caught him off guard. It's something he and Paul had multiple conversations about; they added a retirement close after 2017 for a reason; and discussed it during the season. That wasn't the public line, I know, but there is a reason for that. TS was well prepared, and its part of the reason he was able to handle the hiring process in-house.

CMJ situtation is a no-win for GT and seem irreparable following public comments from her legal counsel. I expect it to get worse, just hope it doesn't drag on too long

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes I based the CPJ comments on what was said. If he knew better good for him. But the Joseph situation doen't look good and i would hate for it to take down more than it needs to.