1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

So what did Joseph do?

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by travgt01, Feb 27, 2019.

1. senoiajacket

senoiajacket Helluva Engineer

Well, this is certainly insightful.

gtpi likes this.
  2. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

The lawyers are working out the exact terms of the departure and the non disclosure agreement.

3. mstranahan

mstranahan Helluva Engineer

Given that we have hired her replacement, I don't think it's a surprise that she is leaving. Nor do I find it shocking that both the Institute and CMJ would like a non-disclosure in place. I don't think either side won. I think they both lost pretty badly and it could've been worse

4. gtphd

gtphd Jolly Good Fellow

If I fire anyone, from SVP to mailroom clerk, I have a non-disclosure and a non-disparagement agreement (and maybe non-poaching and non-compete) as a condition of receiving severance. I'm sure Tech is no different. If those are in place, no one will say anything about the situation, which appears to be what's happening.

mstranahan likes this.
  5. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Helluva Engineer

Don’t doubt any of responses to my question, but what is the source? GTAA inside connections? Druid Hills Garden Club? KA frat?

6. 684Bee

684Bee Helluva Engineer

Kappa Alpha is definitely the source.

okiemon likes this.
  7. orientalnc

orientalnc Helluva Engineer

As a KA I can authenticate all info from this source.

8. LibertyTurns

Outside GT inside connection. If that’s not self-explanatory, sorry.

9. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

Sounds like another cover-up like Purdue

10. Stinger90

Stinger90 Helluva Engineer

11. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

Considering that we severed LaBarrie for $100 and a recruiting violation to a strip club, I don’t agree with the double standard described in the article. If they’re comparing Tech’s standard with Joseph to LSU’s with Wade, that’s another story, and a silly one. It doesn’t look like we hold Pastner to a different standard than Joseph.

The bar at GT for women’s basketball right now is to be good and not embarrass the school. Joseph failed on the second point.

Stansbury has finite financial and political capital. You done expend either on firing the women’s basketball coach unless you have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Jazzchaz

Jazzchaz Jolly Good Fellow

This article was a waste of time to read, and so typical of today's media. Somebody with no specifics summarizes that the coaches were fired because they were women...and the audience that wants to believe that's the problem will hang on every word of it.

13. LibertyTurns

As a society we’ve been systematically programmed to arrive at cause & effect conclusions based on demographic information. The problem is that logic is rarely if ever accurate and now we see widespread acceptance of crap statistics and/or conclusions like this. There’s little if any real analysis going on anywhere.