So what did Joseph do?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunate. Seems the NIT has been the women's ceiling lately, but we would kill for her records on the men's side. Hope it gets cleared up but the phrasing isn't promising.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Well this sucks. She was really doing well on the recruiting trail and the team is on the bubble. Hopefully it gets cleared up.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
How are people still banging their subordinates? Only an ******* banged their subordinates pre-#MeToo, a ****ing idiot bangs their subordinates post-#MeToo.
This is not exactly “banging,” if you know what I mean? Let’s not get more personal than that. Delicately.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Based on the in-season timing and the "personal matter" verbiage, this can't be good. Could be a medial concern (I really hope not) or something as serious as a pending lawsuit from a player (seems to happen almost every year at some college in women's hoop)
Happened at Duke at couple of years ago. Parent made accusations and an assistant was fired during the season. Kid transferred out. Coach P survived but it is never good for a coach. Very unsettling for a program.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Co-worker or subordinate?

So....of legal age and consent? Who cares who tags who among consenting adults?

I think a lot of schools forbid it when it is a boss-subordinate relationship. There is a power dynamic there where the boss could pressure the subordinate into something they don't want to do, even on a subconscious level. Gets messy. Best to steer clear.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
FWIW most every business I know has an issue with any boss subordinate type of relationship. They will move people around to make sure they don't have any liability for someone saying they didn't get ... whatever ... because of it. And worry about what happens when they break up.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Obviously the administration must care or she wouldn't have been suspended pending the investigation.

Yeah I realize that. Otherwise she wouldn’t be on leave.

I don’t know about you guys but I sometimes spend 14 hours of my day either getting ready for work, around my co-workers or traveling as well as a lot of saturdays. The last 3 women I’ve dated have all been people within the company I worked for. It’s difficult not to develop those relationships sometimes

LibertyTurns

Banned

I don’t know about you guys but I sometimes spend 14 hours of my day either getting ready for work, around my co-workers or traveling as well as a lot of saturdays. The last 3 women I’ve dated have all been people within the company I worked for. It’s difficult not to develop those relationships sometimes
There’s a huge difference between her humping someone let’s say at GTRI and someone under her span of control. I would add for example it’s also not polite to have the Director of Engineering banging the 22yo Exec Admin. There’s some positional differences that should be respected.

Best advice: don’t dip your pen in the company ink.

Let’s hope she just yelled at some idiot and told them to STFU and gets an online anger management course as punishment or slipped a digit on a single expense form and corrects it.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Never have gotten involved with a coworker. But I am a person who likes to compartmentalize my life and keep very sharp lines around the different parts. I've also only ever worked jobs that require no overtime, no travel and no weekends and I can literally leave everything at the office. Not everyone is like that, though, and I guess it's probably tough to meet people outside of work if you're always working.

Last edited:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If it involves an athlete then it will not be easy to overlook it. I hope that is not it. She has done a lot of good things with her program and has gotten some recent momentum in recruiting. Let's hope for the best .

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well her attorney just released statement saying GTAA told her nothing and they are retaliating for her raising gender equity issues. Going to get ugly!

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
That’s just what the attorney is claiming. It’s going to look really bad and the school is going to have to respond.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Can somebody just give me a hug and tell me gt bball (women's and men's) will be all right?

Just lie to me.

giphy.gif

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Never have gotten involved with a coworker. But I am a person who likes to compartmentalize my life and keep very sharp lines around the different parts. I've also only ever worked jobs that require no overtime, no travel and no weekends and I can literally leave everything at the office. Not everyone is like that, though, and I guess it's probably tough to meet people outside of work if you're always working.

Beleive me brother, there is a reason the number is 3 and not 1. It’s difficult when you have a job that prohibits you from separating social and professional. I understand that it’s not wise...that said...it’s easier said than done