So what did Joseph do?

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
Intersting part in the report about inappropriate donors

“Others indicated that they are expected to be accountable to the donors in addition to the coaching staff. One player recalled an incident in which one donor approached a group of players on a trip and questioned the players about where they were going. When the player indicated that they were going to see the trainer for treatment, the donor accused them of going to the pool / beach and lifted the shirt of one player to check if she was wearing a swimsuit under her shirt. On one occasion, the donor reportedly said to the players, “I’m watching you even if Coach Jo[seph] isn’t here....”

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer

“Others indicated that they are expected to be accountable to the donors in addition to the coaching staff. One player recalled an incident in which one donor approached a group of players on a trip and questioned the players about where they were going. When the player indicated that they were going to see the trainer for treatment, the donor accused them of going to the pool / beach and lifted the shirt of one player to check if she was wearing a swimsuit under her shirt. On one occasion, the donor reportedly said to the players, “I’m watching you even if Coach Jo[seph] isn’t here....”
thats creepy AF

Having read the report, I can see a lawyer making a case of unequal treatment based on OLeary placing a kid in a physical confrontation without being fired. And since there are a lot of focus on swearing at and demeaning actions toward athletes it won't be hard to contrast that to CPJ screaming at kids and physically grabbing face masks without penalty. The report goes into detail saying Joseph never met the level of physical abuse or physically "touching" players. CJP without a doubt did.

I don't think Joseph will ever coach at GT again, but I also don't think this is as cut and dried as others think. I see a settlement being a lot more likely than GT getting off without paying a dime.
The big difference there is the the members of the women's basketball team complained about Joseph; I've never heard of any player complaining about CPJ.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer

As counsel for Joseph I would point out CJP had weird inappropriate donors around and was exonerated- my client is getting fired for it.

This legal thing is kind of fun :)

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I was going to say the same thing but add...there are donors to WBB (odd)...who follow the team around away from Atl (weird at the least)...and lift up a girl's shirt (yes creepy AF).

Allegations are just that...allegations. Allegations do not necessarily equate to fact. Was this particular story corroborated? I’m sorry but I haven’t read the entire report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Allegations are just that...allegations. Allegations do not necessarily equate to fact. Was this particular story corroborated? I’m sorry but I haven’t read the entire report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's in the report based on interviews with the players. Seems kind of weird and the boosters were really overstepping their bounds, unless they were trying to be "funny" and it just wasn't take that way by the players.

Animal02

Banned
Two things that stand out........documents dating back into last year, and not permitting off campus residence for sophomores if they allowed it for male athletes, would likely strengthen her case and weaken the AA's
As for the allegations......are kids such snow flakes now? I was called far worse by H.S. coaches and it was never given a second thought.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Two things that stand out........documents dating back into last year, and not permitting off campus residence for sophomores if they allowed it for male athletes, would likely strengthen her case and weaken the AA's
As for the allegations......are kids such snow flakes now? I was called far worse by H.S. coaches and it was never given a second thought.

Heh, did your hs coach send donors to look down your pants to see if you were wearing swimming trunks too? :bored:

If so .... were they hot? :D

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
All the Assistant Coaches have been terminated, including the acting/interim coach and the present team psychologist won’t be involved with WBB in the future.

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow
It sounds like a lot of stuff that would get blown off by the players if Joseph had a good relationship with them (see CPJ). Something happened to change that relationship.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
After reading her response, I am convinced this is going to trial and will not be pretty for anyone. If GT indeed did not respond to formal complaints or inquiries on her part then that is going to be a problem. She has multiple specifics that are going to be part of the litigation.

Recognize that she is not being fired for using the P**** word per se, or for apparently losing the trust of her players - but for violating GT standards. She will not have to show that CPJ players felt threatened or violated - simply that CPJ's actions violated the standards just as hers did and then see if GT's actions were the same. Otherwise the other complaints become a potentially/maybe viable reason for this to be "discrimination".

On top of all of this, I don't know the timing of her last contract but if this had been going on for a while and she was coming up for renewing a contract, I have no idea in hadies why GT didn't simply let her contract expire and move on. There is no legal liability for not renewing a contract.

That response is not from someone who is going to disappear quietly.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer