Season Tix

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
Wanting to renew my seats for 111 but my alumni discount expired - it'll cost 100 bucks to transfer the seats to my fiance who graduated after me. So debating whether to save $100-$150 by spending $100, taking a risk and waiting until tickets open up to the general public and grabbing the seats, or go to an entirely new area.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I did a lot of googling after I got the email about the parking last month. There were three plans that were final candidates for the project and I couldn't find anything definitive about which plan won, but this one seems most likely as it fits the descriptions I've seen (the new student center is a series of buildings, rather than one huge building).

Here is a link to the project as well as the clearest picture of what is happening to the lot. There IC is the clouded building in the upper left.
Per this picture they are keeping the parking lots adjacent to the SC Deck long term but eliminating the IC lawn. Not sure how this makes sense. I also went searching for the plans for the new SC but came up empty. It's strange to me that there are no readily available plans online given that the project is starting shortly and there was lots of "community input" taken during the design phase.

I did a lot of googling after I got the email about the parking last month. There were three plans that were final candidates for the project and I couldn't find anything definitive about which plan won, but this one seems most likely as it fits the descriptions I've seen (the new student center is a series of buildings, rather than one huge building).

Here is a link to the project as well as the clearest picture of what is happening to the lot. There IC is the clouded building in the upper left.

_COMPETITION+BOARDS_Site+Plan.jpg
Isn't there an area somewhere on campus that Tech has set up for a "tailgating experience" or something like that, where you can pay a fee, and they provide all the food, etc. Is that area on your map, and is entrance to it only for those who choose to pay, or is "private" tailgating allowed there too?

Torn between cheap *** upper north pair of 2 or just going solo with 1 ticket down in the good seats. Problem is my gf isn't going to want to go to each game, so many games I'll be a one man wolfpack coming in hot with the flaps up. I had season tix in 204 from 03-07. When I moved up to Sconnie I just never bought them again since I'm lucky to make 1 or 2 games in ATL nowadays.

Decisions, decisions. Suggestions?
So you are getting season tickets this year and flying down from Wisconsin 7 weekends? WOW. Well, since you ended up not being able to go to the bowl game, I hope we get to meet sometime this Fall.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Isn't there an area somewhere on campus that Tech has set up for a "tailgating experience" or something like that, where you can pay a fee, and they provide all the food, etc. Is that area on your map, and is entrance to it only for those who choose to pay, or is "private" tailgating allowed there too?
The Tech Green is where private tailgating was located this past season and it is in the only grass field in the rendering. Hopefully they allow public tailgating this season with the loss of the IC lawn. Little did I know it was named Tech Green because it would shortly be the only green area on campus.

The Tech Green is where private tailgating was located this past season and it is in the only grass field in the rendering. Hopefully they allow public tailgating this season with the loss of the IC lawn. Little did I know it was named Tech Green because it would shortly be the only green area on campus.
That's appears to be a long way from the Student Center. That's not much of an option. I don't mind tailgating on a paved surface, since the two lots I have used over the past 10 years are both paved, and there were never any problems. But from what has been said thus far, it doesn't seem like there are even many, if any, paved areas available for tailgating now either.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I just spoke with my rep. He said soon it will be tech ran tailgating.... what a shame.
I don't understand what your referring to. What will be"Tech run"? Tech Green is already used exclusively by Tailgate Guys unless something changes this season

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand what your referring to. What will be"Tech run"? Tech Green is already used exclusively by Tailgate Guys unless something changes this season

They want to enhance the peters parking tailgating experience. Soon it will be the only place other than the varsity to tailgate and the green. Per the rep.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
It still doesn't help much if you can't tailgate where you park, and the number of lots available for that is decreasing astronomically.

The point is to eliminate self tailgating and just have GT provide it and charge.

I'd be okay with it, if they could provide something like the battery at SunTrust park, otherwise the need to find a way to allow us to tailgate.

But as far as I know the plan is to eliminate tailgating and have it only offered through GT controlled events.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
The point is to eliminate self tailgating and just have GT provide it and charge.

I'd be okay with it, if they could provide something like the battery at SunTrust park, otherwise the need to find a way to allow us to tailgate.

But as far as I know the plan is to eliminate tailgating and have it only offered through GT controlled events.
That sounds RIDICULOUS. That should never happen

I really can't imagine that that's what they want to do. As long as other lots are available that allow tailgating (and there are not many that do), that would be a meaningless endeavor on Tech's part. What is really working against the fans now is all the construction going on in the midtown area. Some former (privately owned) lots have been bought and construction is going on there too. I think Tech is probably just trying to give fans an opportunity to tailgate, even though at a cost to the fans.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I really can't imagine that that's what they want to do. As long as other lots are available that allow tailgating (and there are not many that do), that would be a meaningless endeavor on Tech's part. What is really working against the fans now is all the construction going on in the midtown area. Some former (privately owned) lots have been bought and construction is going on there too. I think Tech is probably just trying to give fans an opportunity to tailgate, even though at a cost to the fans.

That's basically it in a nutshell. But tech is going to find a way to make money on it. There just isn't enough space in midtown anymore. Unless you go west of the campus.

That's basically it in a nutshell. But tech is going to find a way to make money on it. There just isn't enough space in midtown anymore. Unless you go west of the campus.
There are still a few decks on the east side, but I'm not sure tailgating is allowed in any of them. Been doing some research all afternoon, and I found one lot that you could reserve in advance for every Tech game, but dammit, now I can't find the site. Don't think they allowed tailgating, but at $4.00 for 12 hours, I think we could manage. LOL