Season Tix

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
There are still a few decks on the east side, but I'm not sure tailgating is allowed in any of them. Been doing some research all afternoon, and I found one lot that you could reserve in advance for every Tech game, but dammit, now I can't find the site. Don't think they allowed tailgating, but at $4.00 for 12 hours, I think we could manage. LOL

4 bucks?!?!?! That's a steal!!!

Moped parking?
I can't find the site now, dammit, but I did find one for $6.00 But when looking more closely at the lots they list, at least one of them (perhaps both) are where I have been parking the past 2 years and is supposedly not being torn up for construction. I need to call those people (ParkingPanda) tomorrow and find what's up with that.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I can't find the site now, dammit, but I did find one for $6.00 But when looking more closely at the lots they list, at least one of them (perhaps both) are where I have been parking the past 2 years and is supposedly not being torn up for construction. I need to call those people (ParkingPanda) tomorrow and find what's up with that.

Yeah, we showed up last year for football season and our whole lot was gone. We were shocked and mad.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
What about 5th street bridge?

I’ve also used the tiny little green space in front of the management building and an area a little further west by what is now escorpion.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
It's a haul, but what about the track and field field? Plenty of green space and facilities are already there. The folks at old Miss use the grove, and parking is not right next to it. Sell a limited number of spots and a parking pass to W23, or any of the McCamish lots, comes with this.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
The Tech Green is where private tailgating was located this past season and it is in the only grass field in the rendering. Hopefully they allow public tailgating this season with the loss of the IC lawn. Little did I know it was named Tech Green because it would shortly be the only green area on campus.
When I saw “Tech Green”, I thought you were referring to the contrast color on the floor at McCamish!:)

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd love to see the ticket sales comparison to not only 2018, but 2017 as well. It seems lime we have some cheaper seat alternatives now, so I wonder if more Dwag fans are buying just for that game. The odd years don't necessarily compare to the even years.

No dwag fan here. Skipped last year but purchased 4 for the upcoming season in 214.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Re Tech and Peters Park. It could be a good thing. Tech has the opportunity to redo Peters and make it more like the Ole Miss Grove. If so ... I would wildly support that. The Grove is great.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I did a lot of googling after I got the email about the parking last month. There were three plans that were final candidates for the project and I couldn't find anything definitive about which plan won, but this one seems most likely as it fits the descriptions I've seen (the new student center is a series of buildings, rather than one huge building).

Here is a link to the project as well as the clearest picture of what is happening to the lot. There IC is the clouded building in the upper left.

This makes me very sad. That area has been one of the best areas for tailgating on campus for many years. Kids playing in the grass, room to spread out and enjoy yourself. Our group of 12-15 have been there for almost 15 years joining up from hours away from different parts of the state. That's at least a significant part of the reason for investing in season tickets and not just showing up when we can. Hopefully that entire area won't be gone after the construction is over.

This makes me very sad. That area has been one of the best areas for tailgating on campus for many years. Kids playing in the grass, room to spread out and enjoy yourself. Our group of 12-15 have been there for almost 15 years joining up from hours away from different parts of the state. That's at least a significant part of the reason for investing in season tickets and not just showing up when we can. Hopefully that entire area won't be gone after the construction is over.
I'm afraid it's only going to get worse in the years to come. Construction is going on everywhere, both on and near the campus. The big Tech lot between Spring and W P'tree is no longer available, at least through Tech. Lanier Parking still lists it and the one immediately adjacent to it, and even lists them as available for games in the Fall. So I don't know if I should take a chance and reserve spaces now (if even possible) through them or just wait. Just because they list them now as being available in the Fall doesn't mean they actually will be.

Buzz4President

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree. We have been tailgating there for at least 8 years. We, as well as our two daughters and sons-in-law, continue to get season tickets because of the whole game day experience, of which tailgating is a huge part. The IC lawn was perfect, as it was close to our parking spot (which will now be gone as well), was a safe location for our granddaughter to play, and it was just a beautiful environment. I know that land is at a premium, but if Tech continues to eliminate green space, it will completely ruin the beauty and character of the campus. So sad.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I agree. We have been tailgating there for at least 8 years. We, as well as our two daughters and sons-in-law, continue to get season tickets because of the whole game day experience, of which tailgating is a huge part. The IC lawn was perfect, as it was close to our parking spot (which will now be gone as well), was a safe location for our granddaughter to play, and it was just a beautiful environment. I know that land is at a premium, but if Tech continues to eliminate green space, it will completely ruin the beauty and character of the campus. So sad.
Ironically, Tech actually is making an effort to add/upgrade green space--but unfortunately, it is focusing on adding "eco-friendly/sustainable" green space--and simple grassy areas do not fit that classification (water consumption is too high). Consequently we are seeing lawns being replaced by planted areas that are not amenable to things like tailgating.

I agree, though, that it is sad to see this happening...and to project where its heading in the next 5-10 years. We'll have a beautiful campus that football fans will only see when they are walking to the stadium from crowded, paved, off-campus, tailgating lots. Except, of course, for those who pay to have a commercially catered "tailgate" on Tech Green.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I agree, though, that it is sad to see this happening...and to project where its heading in the next 5-10 years. We'll have a beautiful campus that football fans will only see when they are walking to the stadium from crowded, paved, off-campus, tailgating lots. Except, of course, for those who pay to have a commercially catered "tailgate" on Tech Green.

Like anything else, if Tech wants a space for tailgating fans, it must include it in its long-range plan. Why not simply acquire land around say, the Lindbergh Marta station, create a fun atmosphere there and free transportation to the game (2 min walk). Tech needs to get out of the confines of its urban campus and be more creative if it is to get new sidewalk fans.