Season Tix

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
They want to enhance the peters parking tailgating experience. Soon it will be the only place other than the varsity to tailgate and the green. Per the rep.
It would be great if they did something with the top level of Peters, because right now it is a big waste of space on game day. Also frustrating with Peters is the fact that it’s impossible to park there unless you are a big money donor or a LONGGGG time ticket holder. I understand giving them preferential treatment, but for most games it is only 50-60% full. If they aren’t selling out the spots, give the premium spots to the ones I mentioned above but then sell the unused ones on a game by game basis. Okay, rants over, and I just increased from 3 to 4 tickets.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Like anything else, if Tech wants a space for tailgating fans, it must include it in its long-range plan. Why not simply acquire land around say, the Lindbergh Marta station, create a fun atmosphere there and free transportation to the game (2 min walk). Tech needs to get out of the confines of its urban campus and be more creative if it is to get new sidewalk fans.
They actually tried something similar several years ago with parking at Atlantic Station with a Stinger bus to the game. The bus didn’t drop you off close to the stadium, however. I think it only lasted 1 or 2 years. The parking was in the outside area where they set up for special events.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
It would be great if they did something with the top level of Peters, because right now it is a big waste of space on game day. Also frustrating with Peters is the fact that it’s impossible to park there unless you are a big money donor or a LONGGGG time ticket holder. I understand giving them preferential treatment, but for most games it is only 50-60% full. If they aren’t selling out the spots, give the premium spots to the ones I mentioned above but then sell the unused ones on a game by game basis. Okay, rants over, and I just increased from 3 to 4 tickets.
The top of Peter's was used for a GTAA hosted tailgate this past season. Problem was it was $20-60 per person so I'm not sure how many actually attended. In prior seasons I believe the space has been rented to large groups (mostly corporate) for pregame events.

The master plan for Georgia Tech facilities calls for the elimination of all internal parking lots which would presumably be replaced by decks around the perimeter of campus. You can see the plans here
http://www.space.gatech.edu/campus-master-plan

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The top of Peter's was used for a GTAA hosted tailgate this past season. Problem was it was $20-60 per person so I'm not sure how many actually attended. In prior seasons I believe the space has been rented to large groups (mostly corporate) for pregame events.

The master plan for Georgia Tech facilities calls for the elimination of all internal parking lots which would presumably be replaced by decks around the perimeter of campus. You can see the plans here
http://www.space.gatech.edu/campus-master-plan
Let me be the first - The color of Bobby Dodd Stadium is the wrong color of gold.

Serious
The greening of Peter park will be a great place - what if we made it and frat row around it like the Grove at ol miss.
Hope they don't cluter up with stuff.

I emailed him and he called me back. Still, not a great thing to have happen.
Well, at least you have someone to contact. Think of those who do not and are just left in limbo. My ticket rep was invaluable in figuring out the parking issues, and when I finally made a decision as to what to do, but couldn't do it online, and couldn't reach him, I called the main number, and the guy there handled everything for me.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, at least you have someone to contact. Think of those who do not and are just left in limbo. My ticket rep was invaluable in figuring out the parking issues, and when I finally made a decision as to what to do, but couldn't do it online, and couldn't reach him, I called the main number, and the guy there handled everything for me.
I second this. I had to switch seats and they took care of me at the main number. If you need to get your order in before this evening just give them a call and they'll take care of you.

Not directly related but the $25 returning STH discount is also applied to any additional new tickets under the account. Also they eliminated the garbage processing fee this season.

I second this. I had to switch seats and they took care of me at the main number. If you need to get your order in before this evening just give them a call and they'll take care of you.

Not directly related but the $25 returning STH discount is also applied to any additional new tickets under the account. Also they eliminated the garbage processing fee this season.
But they charge $30.00 for printed tickets delivered to your home. That's ridiculous IMO, so I opted for print-at-home tickets.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
But they charge $30.00 for printed tickets delivered to your home. That's ridiculous IMO, so I opted for print-at-home tickets.

In splitting my tickets with someone, 2 tickets, 7 home games = 14 tickets, $30 comes to about $2 per ticket. So, it's not the worst but it is better than the $5 per ticket to pick up at will call.

In splitting my tickets with someone, 2 tickets, 7 home games = 14 tickets, $30 comes to about $2 per ticket. So, it's not the worst but it is better than the $5 per ticket to pick up at will call.
That's for sure, but you can save it all, plus making it easier to share what you have with others, by getting the print-at-home ones. I prefer the hard tickets, but every cent counts, I guess.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, no right way but I am going to frame the stubs at the end of the season to commemorate my first year as season ticket holder.