Season Tix

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I have season tickets for Atlanta United. One game, a man maybe in his 50's showed up with his son. If you've been to an Atlanta United game you know NO ONE sits down. Well, the guy thought differently and kept telling everyone in front of him to sit down...to which everyone ignored him because NO ONE sits down at AtlU games.
The second level sits most of the game, all but the most exciting moments. The view is great and it's a great spot for kids who can't see over standing adults.

GRGT96

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm 5'9" and believe me this is definitely something I appreciate. Another place I appreciate being vertically challenged is on airplanes. I have no idea how folks any taller than me survive a flight in a normal sized seat. I have real sympathy when I see taller folks trying to shoe-horn themselves into a regular airline seat (heaven forbid you're on Spirit).

For dudes over 6', airplanes are horrible. I'm not far north of 6', but I have to get an aisle seat at a minimum so I can get up and stretch out every 30 minutes, or try to stretch out in the aisle if nobody is coming. With somebody next to me, there is no way to avoid getting hit in the knee with the beverage cart. I have to sit on the aisle & front row of my section at BDS for similar reasons. My knees would constantly be in somebody's back with a row in front of me. Sitting in Kenan Stadium at Chapel Hole is miserable with their narrow rows and chair backs. I used to drape my knees/legs over seats in front of me back in the good old days of FulCo Stadium, or Memorial Stadium in Cleveland. Being tall has many, many advantages - but sporting events and air travel are huge negatives. The world was designed for humans at 5'6".

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
For dudes over 6', airplanes are horrible. I'm not far north of 6', but I have to get an aisle seat at a minimum so I can get up and stretch out every 30 minutes, or try to stretch out in the aisle if nobody is coming. With somebody next to me, there is no way to avoid getting hit in the knee with the beverage cart. I have to sit on the aisle & front row of my section at BDS for similar reasons. My knees would constantly be in somebody's back with a row in front of me. Sitting in Kenan Stadium at Chapel Hole is miserable with their narrow rows and chair backs. I used to drape my knees/legs over seats in front of me back in the good old days of FulCo Stadium, or Memorial Stadium in Cleveland. Being tall has many, many advantages - but sporting events and air travel are huge negatives. The world was designed for humans at 5'6".
5'6"....you rang?

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
The walk way is behind us, there are 5 rows then the walkway.
So, you must be row 6 or 7?
That's awesome.
I will make sure to speak this coming season
Nah there's a gap for whatever reason in the row numbers. 5 is the back row of the lower walkway, and either 8 or 9 is the first row for above the walkway. Don't ask me why. We'll be either 2nd or 3rd row above and it's row 10. I actually think to the left of the stairwell there is a very short row 8 with 2-4 seats but on the right side of the stairwell I believe there is no row 8 and it starts at row 9. So if we're to the right of the stairs, we should be 2nd row.

GoodBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd love to see the ticket sales comparison to not only 2018, but 2017 as well. It seems lime we have some cheaper seat alternatives now, so I wonder if more Dwag fans are buying just for that game. The odd years don't necessarily compare to the even years.

Animal02

Banned
You should try the Big House......you have half the room you have on Spirit Airlines :eek:

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Nah there's a gap for whatever reason in the row numbers. 5 is the back row of the lower walkway, and either 8 or 9 is the first row for above the walkway. Don't ask me why. We'll be either 2nd or 3rd row above and it's row 10. I actually think to the left of the stairwell there is a very short row 8 with 2-4 seats but on the right side of the stairwell I believe there is no row 8 and it starts at row 9. So if we're to the right of the stairs, we should be 2nd row.
I didn't realize the numbers were off like that, crazy. ...
We are on the lower walkway right beside the break in the stadium

Awesome view, especially night games

Does anybody on here park in the student center deck for games, and if so, what's the tailgating potential there or nearby? The lot I have been parking in for the past couple of years is no longer available, because they are building a skyscraper there. So I am looking for info on other choices. The only "official" lot available for me is the student center deck. There are private lots along W P'Ttree which would be ideal for me, but I don't know if any of them sell season parking passes, nor, for that matter, who owns the lots or how to get in touch with the owners. Any help would be much appreciated.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Feel bad for that guy who brought his son to the game and had his sons view obstructed because people wanted to stretch their legs. I’ve been there and it sucks.

His son was fine. Young guy in his 30's...seemed embarassed that his father kept asking for people to sit down. Maybe there's a section where people do sit down, but if you go to an AtlU game, I would hope people know by now that the crowd likes to stand up. There's constant chants and fan led cheers...it's pretty awesome. People don't do it to be mean to anyone, and I have seen people give up seats with a better view so an elderly person can sit through the game.

Just a different environment from GT games...almost a 180 degree difference, and it's why Atl U has such a diverse and energetic following.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anybody on here park in the student center deck for games, and if so, what's the tailgating potential there or nearby? The lot I have been parking in for the past couple of years is no longer available, because they are building a skyscraper there. So I am looking for info on other choices. The only "official" lot available for me is the student center deck. There are private lots along W P'Ttree which would be ideal for me, but I don't know if any of them sell season parking passes, nor, for that matter, who owns the lots or how to get in touch with the owners. Any help would be much appreciated.

The student center surface lots and the IC lawn are going to be under construction next year for the new student center compound, so the only tailgating will be in the top of the deck.

The student center surface lots and the IC lawn are going to be under construction next year for the new student center compound, so the only tailgating will be in the top of the deck.
Well, damn. Looks like my group is screwed no matter what we do. Do you (or anybody reading this) know anything about the privately owned lots on W P'tree? I think one of them is a tire store or privately owned service center, and one might be a bank.

Milwaukee

Banned
Torn between cheap *** upper north pair of 2 or just going solo with 1 ticket down in the good seats. Problem is my gf isn't going to want to go to each game, so many games I'll be a one man wolfpack coming in hot with the flaps up. I had season tix in 204 from 03-07. When I moved up to Sconnie I just never bought them again since I'm lucky to make 1 or 2 games in ATL nowadays.

Decisions, decisions. Suggestions?

Buzz4President

Georgia Tech Fan
We have been parking in the student center surface lot and tailgating on the IC lawn for many years. We were shocked when we got the notice that the surface lot was to be closed, so we called to get more clarification. Like you, we were told that the IC lawn was going to be under construction as well. It’s just sad to us that they would eliminate this beautiful green space. Seemingly, there is no place left now to tailgate in a grassy area. We really have no desire to do so on pavement and around cars, as we have an active toddler to watch after. Does anyone have any more insight as to the extent of this construction? Will there be any grassy area left intact in the vicinity of the student center deck. Or is there another parking option we should consider?

Buzz4President

Georgia Tech Fan
Camponile area still has green space and shaded areas under the trees as well

Too bad they don't make Peter's deck a green space. That would be the tailgate focal point and I think would really improve pregame experience
Thanks. We used to schlep all of our stuff down there, but gave that up as our tailgate got progressively bigger. We may consider streamlining our gear a bit and start schlepping again if there are no other viable options.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
We have been parking in the student center surface lot and tailgating on the IC lawn for many years. We were shocked when we got the notice that the surface lot was to be closed, so we called to get more clarification. Like you, we were told that the IC lawn was going to be under construction as well. It’s just sad to us that they would eliminate this beautiful green space. Seemingly, there is no place left now to tailgate in a grassy area. We really have no desire to do so on pavement and around cars, as we have an active toddler to watch after. Does anyone have any more insight as to the extent of this construction? Will there be any grassy area left intact in the vicinity of the student center deck. Or is there another parking option we should consider?

I did a lot of googling after I got the email about the parking last month. There were three plans that were final candidates for the project and I couldn't find anything definitive about which plan won, but this one seems most likely as it fits the descriptions I've seen (the new student center is a series of buildings, rather than one huge building).

Here is a link to the project as well as the clearest picture of what is happening to the lot. There IC is the clouded building in the upper left.

_COMPETITION+BOARDS_Site+Plan.jpg