Season Ticket Email - Mayhem at MBS adds $105/per seat

GTFLETCH

Banned
I don’t see how this could do anything but drive away fans. I saw some of the worst football I’ve seen in BDS last season. After attending almost every home game for 23 years, I was already considering taking a break from my season tickets, and this might just be the tipping point. It’s a time commitment in addition to the financial cost, and honestly I might just skip baking on the metal bleachers through September and watching another Clemson beat down. I’m thinking I’ll take the money I would have spent on season tickets and buy better seats to Miami, ND, and which ever other games I might want to go to on stubhub. I’d rather not pay the same amount to feel compelled to watch this staff learn to coach while we struggle to beat Gardner Webb and stay in the game for a half against UCF in the September heat.
Spot On!!

GTFLETCH

Banned
And keeping prices the same doesn't compete with ever growing budgets. It's also basic math and why I said damned if you do and damned if you don't with GT fans.
Well they are getting ACC TV Network Money so there budget increased despite piss poor football coaching this past year??? So until they can get back to wining 7 games on the regular they may want to try and get fans in those seats...or maybe the ACCN $$ along with 30% increase in prices despite losing 25% of your attendance is a wash or even an increase...

LibertyTurns

Banned
I can’t think of one thing the Georgia dome did better than MBS.
Thought about this some more. MBS has cheaper concessions. Other than that I think MBS is worse in almost every other respect. I’ve only been to a half dozen games at the dome and 2 games at MBS so maybe my sample size is too small.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I can’t think of one thing the Georgia dome did better than MBS.
Getting into MBS both times I went was an epic nightmare. We will see how it is this year. Probably the same. Can’t understand how it can possibly be that bad

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
MBS is a overpriced, over-engineered pit. The Georgia Dome was a much better place to watch … well, anything. I'd stick with Grant Field, if I were you.
If you think MBS is overpriced and over-engineered, I’d assume your opinion on BDS@HGF are somewhere near the complete opposite?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If you think MBS is overpriced and over-engineered, I’d assume your opinion on BDS@HGF are somewhere near the complete opposite?
Well, no.

I think there is plenty that could be improved at Grant Field. The problem with MBS is that the cake is baked. There is no way to improve the parking. There is no way to improve the horrid experience of getting in and out of the place. There is no way to improve the view of the field (unless you really, really like jumbotrons). At Grant Field, the seating is all good, getting in and out is a breeze, and parking (with the so-fine golf carts) is easy. The Georgia Dome was also hard to put up with, but nothing in comparison with MBS. You're right about the concessions, but I'll gladly trade higher prices for not having to walk to Chattanooga to get hot dog.

Then there's all that crap with the vids of parts of the flag during the national anthem.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure how often some have been to MBS but it seems like it could be lack of familiarity. I don’t pay for parking. There’s metered parking spots(free Sunday) a half mile from the stadium all around Ted Turner Dr, doesn’t help for Saturday but there are also lots in the area that are $20-$30. So as long as you don’t mind walking it’s easy in and out because Ted Turner drive has easy access to I20 and I75. I leave my house at 10:30 for a 1pm game. It takes me an hour forty five to get to the parking spot(110 miles), 10 minute walk, 5 minute entry at the MLK street entrance, GF always has to pee when we get in, pick what food we want, in my seats by 12:50.

Field view from 200 section is outstanding in my opinion and I’ve sat mid field 300 for a soccer game and had no problems seeing other than bottom corner kicks which is wider than the football field. It’s also really nice to know that even if a larger person is seated next to you they won’t be spilling over in your seat. The app shows every concession stand type and exactly what section they are behind so you know the fastest way to get the food you want. Personally, I’d rather walk 100 more feet for the food I want and pay <$10 with unlimited refills compared to $15+ for a no refill souvenir cup and limited food choices. I love Bobby Dodd but MBS just outclasses it and the Dome in gameday experience. Bobby Dodd has the better atmosphere when it’s packed though.