Season Ticket Email - Mayhem at MBS adds $105/per seat

konabuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
At least in 105/107.

Just got the email a few minutes ago.

2019 price went from $325 to $430 in 2020. Ticket cost. Then add Tech Fund.

There is an option to relocate to 300 section at MBS and reduce cost by $70.

In 2013, I had seats in 106 - they were $270 plus Tech Fund.

Not expressing an opinion here. Just stating facts on what I just read.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Most of the body of your message is facts from the email but you also are stating some fake news as well (not facts). We had UGA last year at home but Clemson and Notre Dame next year... so 2 premium games instead of 1. You are basically saying that if the Notre Dame game was at Bobby Dodd, the season ticket price would be the exact same as 2019. Definitely not facts and not a great first post.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Most of the body of your message is facts from the email but you also are stating some fake news as well (not facts). We had UGA last year at home but Clemson and Notre Dame next year... so 2 premium games instead of 1. You are basically saying that if the Notre Dame game was at Bobby Dodd, the season ticket price would be the exact same as 2019. Definitely not facts and not a great first post.
Notre Dame is a premium game but it's not like it is replacing our G5 game. It's effectively replacing in the NC State game. We still have a 1AA and G5 opponent on the home schedule.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Notre Dame is a premium game but it's not like it is replacing our G5 game. It's effectively replacing in the NC State game. We still have a 1AA and G5 opponent on the home schedule.

So you agree that 'Mayhem at MBS adds $105/per seat' is not facts?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I get one home game next year (Wife approved the vacation slip) Which game should I chose? I want to check out MBS but I love Bobby Dood. Was thinking UCF, Clemson or ND.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
The demand of people who post here is probably pretty inelastic. I am skeptical that the same is true of our fan base writ large. Perhaps they’re expecting other teams to subsidize us, which is fine even if it looks bad. Long term, though, that’s going to further erode attendance.

konabuzz

Georgia Tech Fan

I don't do fake news.

I wasn't saying anything other than $430 is $105 than $325. Thanks.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
There is no way to sugarcoat a steep increase like that.

I hope the bean counters are smarter than me and the increase is enough to offset the loss in tickets sold.

The best comparison is 2017 when we played Tennessee in the kickoff classic. That was coming off a season in which we beat UGA and won 9 games.