Season Ticket Email - Mayhem at MBS adds $105/per seat

Milwaukee

Banned
I’m in Section 107. My seats are 2 grand a year and compared to other programs, yes they are a bargain.

But as others have said, Stubhub is a real option. I look at the game day experience that Tech offers and compare that to say, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama and Ole Miss ... all games I attended ... and it’s hard to justify.

Will I renew? Probably. But I have no desire to go see Alcorn State. Or Gardner Webb. Or Lower Solobodia U.

I did a quick check with my row mates at BDS. Twelve couples. No one is renewing. Not one. That’s bad.

We can all criticize people for where the spend their discretionary income. That’s opportunity cost. But if Tech attendance drops 10% ... Katie bar the door.

I hope the hell GTAA knows what it is doing. It would be a first.

How old are you and these supposed 24 other people? I don’t believe that story but I’m curious as I’m assuming they’re all older. I have a feeling our fan base is about to change and bring in a younger and more diverse crowd. I’m extremely happy about that. As the saying goes, out with the old and in with the new I guess.

Disclaimer: I love old people so nobody get all riled up about bashing grandpas or anything.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m in Section 107. My seats are 2 grand a year and compared to other programs, yes they are a bargain.

But as others have said, Stubhub is a real option. I look at the game day experience that Tech offers and compare that to say, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama and Ole Miss ... all games I attended ... and it’s hard to justify.

Will I renew? Probably. But I have no desire to go see Alcorn State. Or Gardner Webb. Or Lower Solobodia U.

I did a quick check with my row mates at BDS. Twelve couples. No one is renewing. Not one. That’s bad.

We can all criticize people for where the spend their discretionary income. That’s opportunity cost. But if Tech attendance drops 10% ... Katie bar the door.

I hope the hell GTAA knows what it is doing. It would be a first.

I'm in upper 107 and nobody cheers much except for the older guy and his grown kids behind me who are great fans. I'll be sad if they don't renew. The rest you wouldn't know if they are at the game or not.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
How old are you and these supposed 24 other people? I don’t believe that story but I’m curious as I’m assuming they’re all older. I have a feeling our fan base is about to change and bring in a younger and more diverse crowd. I’m extremely happy about that. As the saying goes, out with the old and in with the new I guess.

Disclaimer: I love old people so nobody get all riled up about bashing grandpas or anything.
We need to work on this IMO. Our city is extremely diverse and we need to tap into that market.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

Why would they ALL not renew? Don’t know about this one

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Make us look like GT again and I won't quit going to the games. Why do we have to wear the same color as Ga State and Ga Southern? I have had season tickets since 1967, and missed only a handful of games.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Make us look like GT again and I won't quit going to the games. Why do we have to wear the same color as Ga State and Ga Southern? I have had season tickets since 1967, and missed only a handful of games.
Ah, 5 pages before a uniform/color comment. Is that a new record? But seriously, if uniform choices make you not want to attend/support GT athletics anymore, it’s hard not to say “buh-bye”

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The bold part is just false. The tickets are far from subsidized. You pay your PSL and you have to right to buy tickets. If you don't buy your tickets, you lose your PSL. That's how they keep the games from blackout because you don't have to option to not buy the tickets. There is a reason I gave the price for that specific level.

All this doesn't change to fact that $430 for sideline lower level seats is a deal for a Division 1 college football team in the ACC.
So the NFL blacks out all games that aren’t sold out still right? So what gives? Falcons games look about 60% full every time I watch. I guess the seats are sold, but no one attends. Kind of odd isn’t it?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The bold part is just false. The tickets are far from subsidized. You pay your PSL and you have to right to buy tickets. If you don't buy your tickets, you lose your PSL. That's how they keep the games from blackout because you don't have to option to not buy the tickets. There is a reason I gave the price for that specific level.

All this doesn't change to fact that $430 for sideline lower level seats is a deal for a Division 1 college football team in the ACC.
Not a deal if no one wants to go...just a market price

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Not a deal if no one wants to go...just a market price
What the ticket costs has such a minuscule affect on whether or not people want to go. I’m sure it’s a deterrent for some, but for most I bet the price is one of, if not the least, important issue. Georgia’s average ticket price is for a single game was $487 last season. The biggest reason, and the only marquee game on their home schedule was Notre Dame. $405 for 7 games including Notre Dame and Clemson in a premium section is nothing.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
What the ticket costs has such a minuscule affect on whether or not people want to go. I’m sure it’s a deterrent for some, but for most I bet the price is one of, if not the least, important issue. Georgia’s average ticket price is for a single game was $487 last season. The biggest reason, and the only marquee game on their home schedule was Notre Dame. $405 for 7 games including Notre Dame and Clemson in a premium section is nothing.
Still having a hard time understanding what Georgia’s ticket prices have to do with ours. We aren’t a top 10 team. Teams that go 3-9 and increase prices most likely see a drop in attendance.

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been a STH for 5 years in school and 8 more since getting out. I'm stoked for these games at MBS and am excited to see something unique that may be among my sons first memories. I'm damn proud to be Tech grad and fan and will drag my wife (UGA fan) to every single game until she sees the light or I'm dead.

That $105 or possibly $35 is well spent in my mind. Especially considering that our coach and AD are doing everything they can to build a culture in Atlanta that convinces others it's worth experiencing. We may disagree with parts, but if they try, I'll support them.

That's all I have to say about that...