Season Ticket Email - Mayhem at MBS adds $105/per seat

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Stop, just stop. ALL of us complain how we can't afford the same things as Clempson and Bammer and uga, yet some are pi$$ing and moaning about an extra $100 per ticket? You do realize that you can spread the payments over 5 months, so an extra $20 a month is breaking you???? I say then that you probably can't afford season tickets in the first place, so don't buy. BUT, if you refuse to pay that extra $20 a month, NEVER EVER complain again about how the "big time programs" out spend us. If you don't want to pay an extra $100, the sit in the upper North and don't contribute to the GTAA and ductape your mouth shut.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
I gotta say Tech fans sure are good at alienating members of their own fan base. I bet some of you are absolute joys to know in real life. I simply bring up a point about how it is poor form to raise prices after a 3-9 season, and I'm basically told, "Don't let the door hit you in the ***." Nevermind the fact that I have been a Tech fan since I could walk despite having no family ties to the school and never attending myself. Some of you snobs need to understand that people come from different walks of life than you instead of alienating the few sidewalk fans we have.

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
This will be my 36th year in Bobby Dodd.
Had a blast last year. You have to have a tough skin to be a "Tech Man". Product will be better this year.
I sit in #110, West. Vendors were all over our seats.

If one is unhappy, it may be many things that contribute to your level of unhappiness.
Poor performance.
Season ticket prices.
Coaching.
Vendors.
Where you park. Parking price seems to go up disproportionately.
Are are you rushed?
Traffic coming or leaving.
Do you tailgate and have a set of friends.
Sound and video system. Includes the band, cheerleaders, etc.

Write down all the things you like and all the things you dislike. The Franklin chart.
If you can effect change, then do it, to better you and your family.

I believe performance will be going straight up. Come back to Bobby Dodd. Enjoy the ride!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Stop, just stop. ALL of us complain how we can't afford the same things as Clempson and Bammer and uga, yet some are pi$$ing and moaning about an extra $100 per ticket? You do realize that you can spread the payments over 5 months, so an extra $20 a month is breaking you???? I say then that you probably can't afford season tickets in the first place, so don't buy. BUT, if you refuse to pay that extra $20 a month, NEVER EVER complain again about how the "big time programs" out spend us. If you don't want to pay an extra $100, the sit in the upper North and don't contribute to the GTAA and ductape your mouth shut.

And if they can't spend that extra $20, THEY BETTER NOT BE USING THAT GAME TICKET FOR FREE ADMISSION AFTERWARDS.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I gotta say Tech fans sure are good at alienating members of their own fan base. I bet some of you are absolute joys to know in real life. I simply bring up a point about how it is poor form to raise prices after a 3-9 season, and I'm basically told, "Don't let the door hit you in the ***." Nevermind the fact that I have been a Tech fan since I could walk despite having no family ties to the school and never attending myself. Some of you snobs need to understand that people come from different walks of life than you instead of alienating the few sidewalk fans we have.

Your concept of poor form disregards the reality of how economic value will be applied to the opponents.

If you call our ACC Coastal games a wash and then call Clemson replacing UGA at home an even swap, you're left with UCF replacing USF (a case can be made that UCF carries higher economic value, given recent years) and ND at MBS replacing NC State (the very obvious outlier with clearly higher economic value than NC State). Add in general cost increases plus the fact we're carrying higher football overhead and the increase is very understandable.

You may not like it, basing your opinion on last year's performance, but it doesn't make the increase irrational.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
The quality of the product you will see in 2020 is definitely worth $105 more than last year's.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
GT season tickets are a deal. Falcons tickets in the 200 level are $150 per seat per game and that doesn't include the PSL payments for the right to buy and they put out a similar produce to GT this year at home. Even Auburn season tickets in the lower corner are $1300 a seat, and that’s with Bama and uGA on the road.
Sound great. Let’s same the same price and see how many people buy em.

I know that’s a smartass comment, but this rationale is a fallacy. Same as saying, “I saved $50 at Kroger!” When in fact you spent $250.

The reality is that supply and demand drive all of this stuff. Falcons tickets are somewhat subsidized in an effort to sell out games to avoid blackouts. Look at the attendance...

College football follows more of a pure supply and demand model. Tech can’t raise prices much because people won’t go...the demand isn’t there. Now we can argue all day about why, but the truth is we need to generate demand somehow then let that help drive revenue.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Sound great. Let’s same the same price and see how many people buy em.

I know that’s a smartass comment, but this rationale is a fallacy. Same as saying, “I saved $50 at Kroger!” When in fact you spent $250.

The reality is that supply and demand drive all of this stuff. Falcons tickets are somewhat subsidized in an effort to sell out games to avoid blackouts. Look at the attendance...

College football follows more of a pure supply and demand model. Tech can’t raise prices much because people won’t go...the demand isn’t there. Now we can argue all day about why, but the truth is we need to generate demand somehow then let that help drive revenue.
The bold part is just false. The tickets are far from subsidized. You pay your PSL and you have to right to buy tickets. If you don't buy your tickets, you lose your PSL. That's how they keep the games from blackout because you don't have to option to not buy the tickets. There is a reason I gave the price for that specific level.

All this doesn't change to fact that $430 for sideline lower level seats is a deal for a Division 1 college football team in the ACC.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I’m in Section 107. My seats are 2 grand a year and compared to other programs, yes they are a bargain.

But as others have said, Stubhub is a real option. I look at the game day experience that Tech offers and compare that to say, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama and Ole Miss ... all games I attended ... and it’s hard to justify.

Will I renew? Probably. But I have no desire to go see Alcorn State. Or Gardner Webb. Or Lower Solobodia U.

I did a quick check with my row mates at BDS. Twelve couples. No one is renewing. Not one. That’s bad.

We can all criticize people for where the spend their discretionary income. That’s opportunity cost. But if Tech attendance drops 10% ... Katie bar the door.

I hope the hell GTAA knows what it is doing. It would be a first.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I’m in Section 107.

Will I renew? Probably. But I have no desire to go see Alcorn State. Or Gardner Webb. Or Lower Solobodia U.

I did a quick check with my row mates at BDS. Twelve couples. No one is renewing. Not one. That’s bad.
This is what I was afraid would happen I would guess they are long time season ticket holders .