Season Ticket Email - Mayhem at MBS adds $105/per seat

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
I really don’t see an issue with the price. Lower level seats at MBS for that one game probably make up a large portion of that increase. I haven’t been to the venue since the Tennessee game but I imagine most any event would run you well over $100 for lower level sideline seats.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I sure they could find it but telling us would be another story. The long time season ticket holders I know will be back. But age does take a hold on some of us older guys I got a few more years but not many.

Yea, I'm in the over the hill crowd. And 30 some years a season ticket holder. But there are some fans that have been around as long as I that have given up their tickets. Tech needs all the fans it can muster.

I’m with ya I get what you’re saying. But those kinds of fans don’t make me mad at all, I’m glad to see them go. We don’t have a ton of fans, but we need NEW fans that are different than some of the current ones. The new fans will come with success; it’s not realistic to expect them right away under these circumstances.

I do not understand your logic. You are glad to see fans go? Why do you want to run fans off?

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Nobody is gonna not re-up over a lousy hundred bucks. Don’t get me wrong, they will 100% complain about it here on this site but they won’t not purchase a ticket if they were already going to purchase a ticket.

I will say that I am one that is considering not re-upping.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
GT season tickets are a deal. Falcons tickets in the 200 level are $150 per seat per game and that doesn't include the PSL payments for the right to buy and they put out a similar produce to GT this year at home. Even Auburn season tickets in the lower corner are $1300 a seat, and that’s with Bama and uGA on the road.
Exactly

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
If you win...they will come...and if they come...the money comes as well because people will jump on season tix. ATL is such a huge fair weather town. Once a good product is on the field the fans will be there.

The quality of players that CGC is bringing in should start making plays (i.e. sacks, INT’s, fumbles forced, long runs and catches and hopefully a dynamic QB).

If/when this happens that will translate to wins, EXCITING GAMES and people will come. It’s pretty basic but IMO we are on the right track. I think we can be the team to beat in the coastal, although UNC is stacking talent and Miami always has it. We’ll see what happens with Diaz(he managed to lose to us!) and Mack(soooo old) but I digress.

We start going 9-2 and even 8-3(please god 10-1) people will have confidence we can beat UGA and we won’t look so pathetic in that game. They’ll also buy season tix.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Nobody is gonna not re-up over a lousy hundred bucks. Don’t get me wrong, they will 100% complain about it here on this site but they won’t not purchase a ticket if they were already going to purchase a ticket.
Not everyone is a diehard fan man, and to be quite frank, watching our games last year wasn’t very much fun. Some of us diehards forget that the typical fan is just looking for entertainment. A lot of the season tickets are sold to fringe fans in that category. So first they may already be considering dropping tickets because it wasn’t fun...now increase the price and see what happens...

A good friend of mine has been directly involved with a lot of high level programs over the years and said that he’s seen this move cripple other programs in the past. I just hope it doesn’t happen to us.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
If they want more revenue there are a couple easy ways to get it.

1. Sell beer - This is a huge miss right now
2. Improve efficiency of the pathetically run concessions - I often just refuse to wait for those idiots to take 5 minutes per order to pick up a hotdog and pour a coke. Try selling food in the stands again...that used to be normal when I was a kid. Now I only see a vendor about once a year

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

I don't think the issue is the difference in the amount, but rather that the price is going up after a 3-9 season without uga on the schedule. You are correct in that anyone who was already committed will still buy, but if someone was on the fence already, this might tip them over.

However, it appears that ticket prices did not go up, really, but the way they are marketed makes it seem like they did. I can get tickets for the exact same price if I choose the lesser option in regards to MBS seating or pay extra for each ticket to improve my MBS seating.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Not everyone is a diehard fan man, and to be quite frank, watching our games last year wasn’t very much fun. Some of us diehards forget that the typical fan is just looking for entertainment. A lot of the season tickets are sold to fringe fans in that category. So first they may already be considering dropping tickets because it wasn’t fun...now increase the price and see what happens...

A good friend of mine has been directly involved with a lot of high level programs over the years and said that he’s seen this move cripple other programs in the past. I just hope it doesn’t happen to us.
I would agree with your friend but we now offer a budget option (Stinger Pass) that includes the ND game for only $195. The Clemson and ND games alone would be worth the cost and I could actually see a lot of casual fans going this route who have not purchased tickets in the past. I also like the option to reduce the cost of season tickets by $70 if you are willing to sit in the upper level for the ND game. 300 level sideline seats in MBS are pretty good.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
GT season tickets are a deal. Falcons tickets in the 200 level are $150 per seat per game and that doesn't include the PSL payments for the right to buy and they put out a similar produce to GT this year at home. Even Auburn season tickets in the lower corner are $1300 a seat, and that’s with Bama and uGA on the road.
Look at stubhub before each game and tell me how good of a deal buying tickets through Tech is. This isn't the good old days where people have no other options on how to spend their money. The sooner the AA realizes this, the better. It is simply poor form to jack prices up again after a 3-9 season.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Look at stubhub before each game and tell me how good of a deal buying tickets through Tech is. This isn't the good old days where people have no other options on how to spend their money. The sooner the AA realizes this, the better. It is simply poor form to jack prices up again after a 3-9 season.
The AA realizes this which is why they have started heavily marketing the Stinger Pass which cannot be resold in the secondary market. $195 for the whole season seems pretty reasonable to me. You would likely spend close to this on Clemson & ND alone.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
If you want to Stubhub your way through the season more power to you. You'll definitely pay less. If you love the Institute enough to support it though, Stubhub isn't the way. We're talking about a $105 increase when we have Clemson, Miami, and ND on the home schedule and one of the games is in MBS. You can elect to sit in the 300 level of MBS for $70 less, so if the increase is really a concern, you can make it only $35 (for section 105 that is). Most people could order water at a restaurant instead of a drink once a month and save that much.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Most people could order water at a restaurant instead of a drink once a month and save that much.

Not WrongShadeOfGold. He realized you can buy a coke at Kroger, drink half in the car before you go in the restaurant and the other half in the car after the meal. Restaurants need to realize these aren't the good old days when grocery stores were closed at dinner hours.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Not WrongShadeOfGold. He realized you can buy a coke at Kroger, drink half in the car before you go in the restaurant and the other half in the car after the meal. Restaurants need to realize these aren't the good old days when grocery stores were closed at dinner hours.
Touche. Can't believe restaurants are out here jacking up the price of coke when their are cheaper options available.