Season Ticket Email - Mayhem at MBS adds $105/per seat

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
There is no way to sugarcoat a steep increase like that.

I hope the bean counters are smarter than me and the increase is enough to offset the loss in tickets sold.

The best comparison is 2017 when we played Tennessee in the kickoff classic. That was coming off a season in which we beat UGA and won 9 games.

Thing is, Tech football would benefit just as much if not more from having more butts in the seats as more dollars in the coffers.
To that end (pun intended), I hope we can start winning enough to more than offset the rise in ticket prices. Game attendance is embarr-assing.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, so the problem with this is that it’s tough to justify jacking up ticket prices after you go 3-9. The attendance last year was pathetic, and I’m guessing season tickets will bottom out next year. Seems like a way to counteract this would be to lower prices and sell more tickets...but what do I know.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The more I think about this it really worries me. I get there are those of us that are going anyway, but I wouldn’t be surprised if our attendance falls off dramatically with this move. Gotta find a way to keep ticket prices level after a season like that. Especially when the stands are already empty.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I feel like $430 is a pretty fair price to pay for seats in the lower level to 7 games between the 30s. Plus a game at MBS in what I would assume would be premium seats if the seats are comparable to BDS. 4 games against Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami, and UCF. I don’t think attendance will take a noticeable hit, if any at all based on the price increase. I’m sure season tickets sales will be down from last year, but that’s always expected in even years. Clemson will sell out or be close to it. Miami will draw somewhere between 45-50, UCF probably 40-45+, and Notre Dame 60-65+ at MBS. I agree Tech needs to establish a fan base to replace the older ones, but it’s also in desperate need of cash. If attendance does somehow take a hit this season, I’m sure it will be made up for with additional revenue.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The more I think about this it really worries me. I get there are those of us that are going anyway, but I wouldn’t be surprised if our attendance falls off dramatically with this move. Gotta find a way to keep ticket prices level after a season like that. Especially when the stands are already empty.
This strategy to compete in the world of Big Boy football was predicated on (1) increased prices AND (2) increased attendance AND (3) increased donations AND (4) increased ACC revenue. We’re going to be royally screwed if we whiff on 3 of 4 of these revenue stream elements. #4 is a given.

Milwaukee

Banned

Nobody is gonna not re-up over a lousy hundred bucks. Don’t get me wrong, they will 100% complain about it here on this site but they won’t not purchase a ticket if they were already going to purchase a ticket.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Nobody is gonna not re-up over a lousy hundred bucks. Don’t get me wrong, they will 100% complain about it here on this site but they won’t not purchase a ticket if they were already going to purchase a ticket.
Don't think the price will matter. But a lot of people who sat near us were not happy about last year. Have not talked to them since so don't know if the recruiting class will bring them back.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
After watching the debacle of this past years 3-9 effort and the myriad amount of coaching miscues and improper use of talent that lead to additional losses, I won't be purchasing season tickets for a second year in a row. Freaking FCS level Citadel went 6-6 last year 4-4 in their conference and one of those wins was against us. Complete joke of a coaching effort was demonstrated last year. We definitely had more talent than those guys so please stop the biggest rebuild in the history of CFB crap. Use the talent you have. A really good set of coaches should have won 6-8 games last year. Mediocre coaches 4-5. But no; 3 wins and we lose to FCS Citadel. What do they need 5 top 20 classes to get to 7-6 to mask the poor coaching? So Disgusted with what is going on.

Milwaukee

Banned
After watching the debacle of this past years 3-9 effort and the myriad amount of coaching miscues and improper use of talent that lead to additional losses, I won't be purchasing season tickets for a second year in a row. Freaking FCS level Citadel went 6-6 last year 4-4 in their conference and one of those wins was against us. Complete joke of a coaching effort was demonstrated last year. We definitely had more talent than those guys so please stop the biggest rebuild in the history of CFB crap. Use the talent you have. A really good set of coaches should have won 6-8 games last year. Mediocre coaches 4-5. But no; 3 wins and we lose to FCS Citadel. What do they need 5 top 20 classes to get to 7-6 to mask the poor coaching? So Disgusted with what is going on.

Doors that way hoss. Cya.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Well alrighty then

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't think the price will matter. But a lot of people who sat near us were not happy about last year. Have not talked to them since so don't know if the recruiting class will bring them back.

I laughed at this post. The season ticket holders around me were down right pissed about last year, not just unhappy.

I thought it was bad after the Clemson spelling bee, but I was miserable listening to the dawg fans. As were the folks around me in the east upper.

As far as season ticket prices, I agree, price is not the biggest factor in renewing season tickets. Poor performance on the field seems to me to be more of a barometer. I would be interested to know if there are any metrics showing if there are decades long season ticket holders dropping their season tickets. And if the AA gets feedback when someone does not renew?

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
He was already off. Key phrase in his post was that this will be his second year not getting tickets. Had his mind made up from the beginning.

I kid you not, some of our fans thought Paul J. was gonna coach here till he was 95 years old or somethin'.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Fans like that, yes. As well as those you mentioned near you with the incredible foresight and realistic expectations.
Look all I'm saying is we don't have the fans to run off. If that makes you mad so be it. I want to see the Stadium full if we have attendance like last year or worse the recruiting will start to go back down. Players want a home field advantage

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I laughed at this post. The season ticket holders around me were down right pissed about last year, not just unhappy.

I thought it was bad after the Clemson spelling bee, but I was miserable listening to the dawg fans. As were the folks around me in the east upper.

As far as season ticket prices, I agree, price is not the biggest factor in renewing season tickets. Poor performance on the field seems to me to be more of a barometer. I would be interested to know if there are any metrics showing if there are decades long season ticket holders dropping their season tickets. And if the AA gets feedback when someone does not renew?
I sure they could find it but telling us would be another story. The long time season ticket holders I know will be back. But age does take a hold on some of us older guys I got a few more years but not many.

Milwaukee

Banned
Look all I'm saying is we don't have the fans to run off. If that makes you mad so be it. I want to see the Stadium full if we have attendance like last year or worse the recruiting will start to go back down. Players want a home field advantage

I’m with ya I get what you’re saying. But those kinds of fans don’t make me mad at all, I’m glad to see them go. We don’t have a ton of fans, but we need NEW fans that are different than some of the current ones. The new fans will come with success; it’s not realistic to expect them right away under these circumstances.