Schedule release tomorrow (Wed) at 2p

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It does violate the INTENT of the rule, because Duke also gets a Bye Week before us. And the rule was that you only have to face 1 team who had a week off before playing you. Now if they're going to start chaining exceptions together, then they could give 7 teams a Bye Week before us too. The point was to have ONE BYE, not make up a bunch of bull**** to still end up at 2 or 3. They always had excuses before too.

I think you misread the rule somewhere. This was what was reported by the AJC last year: "The athletic directors added a provision into the league’s scheduling model that will limit each team to playing one conference game per season in which it plays the previous week but its opponent has an open date. "

http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...lead-acc-rules-change/pLg2pHxtj5HjwcpqyNHx4I/

Deleted member 2897

I think you misread the rule somewhere. This was what was reported by the AJC last year: "The athletic directors added a provision into the league’s scheduling model that will limit each team to playing one conference game per season in which it plays the previous week but its opponent has an open date. "

http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...lead-acc-rules-change/pLg2pHxtj5HjwcpqyNHx4I/

Great, looks like 1 Bye right? NOPE. They. An still screw us with TWO. And give us teams like Virginia after Liberty. Virginia is the ONLY team who plays an FCS team that week. So we play them the next week. So predictable. This is almost the theoretical max they could screw us bu rule.

In CPJs 10 years, just a hair under 50% of his FBS opponents had a Bye week or FCS team the week before. Next year it’s 55% - 6 of 11 FBS opponents - worse than average.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It has to do with the rule for Thursday games. I think CPJ would rather play a thursday game where both teams had a bye than a Thursday game where both teams were playing on 5 days rest. That would be worse IMO.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Great, looks like 1 Bye right? NOPE. They. An still screw us with TWO. And give us teams like Virginia after Liberty. Virginia is the ONLY team who plays an FCS team that week. So we play them the next week. So predictable. This is almost the theoretical max they could screw us bu rule.

In CPJs 10 years, just a hair under 50% of his FBS opponents had a Bye week or FCS team the week before. Next year it’s 55% - 6 of 11 FBS opponents - worse than average.

I’m not sure what you’re missing here...it says 1 opponent who had a bye while you were playing, therefore we only have 1 such opponent on the schedule (VT doesn’t count as we both have a bye).

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
It feels like georgie always schedules a cupcake for the week before our game. Why don’t we do the same? Are we hoping Swofford will give us a bye week there or something?

For all the BS the SEC tries to talk about being a better conference overall, they sure go out of their way to protect their teams in their OOC rivalries by letting them schedule cupcakes in week 12. I feel the ACC should fight fire with fire and allow any conference team with an OOC rival a chance to schedule a tune-up that week. It’s only fair.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
For all the BS the SEC tries to talk about being a better conference overall, they sure go out of their way to protect their teams in their OOC rivalries by letting them schedule cupcakes in week 12. I feel the ACC should fight fire with fire and allow any conference team with an OOC rival a chance to schedule a tune-up that week. It’s only fair.
Some teams like Tennessee help their rebuilding out by having cupcake out of conference schedules.;) They start 2020 playing Charlotte,Oklahoma and Furman. Tennessee should be challenging for the SEC East in 2020 and it could be Jeremy Pruitt's last season at Tennessee if Nick Saban is considering retirement in 2020.