Schedule release tomorrow (Wed) at 2p

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Other than the 2 opens before us the schedule looks ok, meaning we don't play tough games consecutively. Pitt Plays Penn State before us and Louisville plays Fla State before us.

USF, Pitt, Clemson in a row is not considered tough? Ok.

And GT ever playing a regular season Friday night game is disgusting. If we ever do that at home, it will truly hurt us.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I don’t mind the schedule. No schedule is going to be perfect/easy unless your in the sec and you don’t schedule teams worth anything... cough cough.... UGA.

I like the fact we get an extra day of rest after playing Louisville, especially with it happening right before most conference games. I also like that we play on a Thursday from our bye week because it gives us 2 extra days before playing UNC.

Jeez, so when ugag schedules us and n.d. they are not scheduling teams worth anything?

Last edited:

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Best thing about the schedule is that we get an easier opponent the week after we beat Clemson so we can escape the let down with a win.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Can we NOT try to white out Clemson. With the current state of both programs, it’s not going to work. I would prefer Miami but then people will complain if it’s too cold.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m intrigued by the schedule mainly because our defense will be new to the ACC. Other than UGA and the SEC scheduling cupcakes before their ACC rivals I don’t get the UVA game. I don’t see it being a massive advantage for them. We are home he precious week against Miami and UVA hasn’t beaten us in Atl since 2008z

Deleted member 2897

I’m intrigued by the schedule mainly because our defense will be new to the ACC. Other than UGA and the SEC scheduling cupcakes before their ACC rivals I don’t get the UVA game. I don’t see it being a massive advantage for them. We are home he precious week against Miami and UVA hasn’t beaten us in Atl since 2008z

In the larger scheme of things, it probably doesn't matter that much. But to me what really matters is the odds of such a thing randomly happening. If you go look at the composite schedule, out of all 15 teams, Virginia is literally the ONLY team that plays an FCS opponent on 11/10. So we play them 11/17. That's why I predicted we'd play Virginia on 11/17 before the schedule was released (I also predicted Clemson after Georgia Southern, UNCheat after a long break for us, and other stuff). I mean, if you sat down with a cynical mind and said 'what is the most we can screw Georgia Tech', these are the sorts of things you would come up with.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
In the larger scheme of things, it probably doesn't matter that much. But to me what really matters is the odds of such a thing randomly happening. If you go look at the composite schedule, out of all 15 teams, Virginia is literally the ONLY team that plays an FCS opponent on 11/10. So we play them 11/17. That's why I predicted we'd play Virginia on 11/17 before the schedule was released (I also predicted Clemson after Georgia Southern, UNCheat after a long break for us, and other stuff). I mean, if you sat down with a cynical mind and said 'what is the most we can screw Georgia Tech', these are the sorts of things you would come up with.

Haha very true. It definitely sticks out. I really wish we would just stick to the team can only play 1 team coming off a bye even if both teams have byes. But looking a the schedule I would much rather have Clemson earlier in the year and Miami later. They were not good away from home last year. We get a couple of games to build up to playing Clemson. Each week appears to be a step up in competition. I think the schedule setup well. We are still walking a fine line as far as margin of error goes but I am very optimistic that we will be much better on the defensive side of the ball allowing our offense to get going. Plus we get a lot more practice of teams blitzkrieging us with going up against the new defensive scheme.