Schedule release tomorrow (Wed) at 2p

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's not ideal. I would have liked our one bye week to not be on a short week and shared with a division rival. That being said, the order seems alright. Without any knowledge of the future, it seems like we don't have two tough teams in a row at any point. On the flip side, for reference, here are who our opponents are playing before they face us:
Alcorn State: Off-Season
USF: Elon
Pitt: Penn State
Clemson: Georgia Southern
Bowling Green: TBA
Louisville: FSU
Duke: BYE
Virginia Tech: BYE
UNC: Virginia
Miami: Duke
Virginia: Liberty
uga: UMass

We shouldn't be worried about Alcorn State, USF, and Bowling Green focusing on us. Our team generally doesn't get upset by non-P5 teams. Pitt gets Penn State, so good luck with that. Clemson getting Georgia Southern isn't crazy since their DL is going to be nuts and our odds aren't going to be great to win. Louisville gets a tough game before and CPJ teams have beaten their rotating Atlantic teams almost every year (or is it every year?). But our last 6 opponents all will have the ability to look ahead to us. That's the scary part. Let's hope our team gets the momentum in the second half of the season like we did in 2014 and 2016.
The is close to my line of thinking, though I'll push back a little on "our last 6 opponents all will have the ability to look ahead to us".
  • Is Duke a good team? If yes, then Miami cannot look past them and removes Miami's adv against us. If no, then we should celebrate the fact that Duke is the team that earned a bye ahead of us.
  • Virginia was a team capable of beating us last year. We were not a bad team (avg maybe?). Therefore, UNC of all teams cannot look past UVA to their game with us.
  • As you stated, we get the same amount of time as VT.
So as far as slights/disadvantages go, I'd scale back that "6" to "3", which on the surface seems pretty good to me for a 12 game schedule.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Not in coastal but bc has easy first few games then plays ncst, lou, vt, mia, clem and FSU before cuse. What dont kill u makes u stronger.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The is close to my line of thinking, though I'll push back a little on "our last 6 opponents all will have the ability to look ahead to us".
  • Is Duke a good team? If yes, then Miami cannot look past them and removes Miami's adv against us. If no, then we should celebrate the fact that Duke is the team that earned a bye ahead of us.
  • Virginia was a team capable of beating us last year. We were not a bad team (avg maybe?). Therefore, UNC of all teams cannot look past UVA to their game with us.
  • As you stated, we get the same amount of time as VT.
So as far as slights/disadvantages go, I'd scale back that "6" to "3", which on the surface seems pretty good to me for a 12 game schedule.
The few unc fans I know dislike UVa more then us , they may not like CPJ but as a team they dislike UVa more.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Georgia Tech at Pitt Sep 15th. Check!
Clemson the week after they play Georgia Southern. Check!
@Louisville 6 days after they play FSU. Nice.
But then we're against Duke after they get a Bye Week.
We have a Bye week prior to Virginia Tech. But they get a Bye Week also. So that VIOLATES THEIR RULE. That's 2 Bye Weeks now.
Against Virginia the week after they play Liberty. Check!

MORE BULL****.

Pretty predictable

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
this is by far my favorite type of schedule. It's the one where we get to play Uga in Athens instead of Atlanta. Everything else is just the fine print of the contract imo.