Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzinanut69

Jolly Good Fellow
JMO, but I'm 28 and I've attended, watched, or listened to every game since I was 4 years old. I'm not satisfied with the way this season's gone. I don't think anyone associated with the program in any way is. However, this is simply what Georgia Tech football is in the new millennium. We are not going to be top 10 every year. BUT, we have the potential to be a top 30 team 4/5 times out of every 10 years, a top 15 team 2/3 out of every 10 years, and if we are lucky, I still believe we can win it all at least once or twice during my lifetime. That's not that bad. All you can hope for as a fan is a chance. You just have to be practical and realistic when things aren't going well and let things play out. Support the team the best you can in a positive manner. Focus on other things in life besides football if the season bothers you so much. Spend more time with the girl, hit the gym, etc.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Are you satisfied with the results ?

No. But as you are likely not capable of engaging in facts, since you have conveniently ignored every fact directed your way in the three days you've been a member here, I will no longer bother with trying to engage with you. You obviously have an overinflated opinion of yourself, and all you are doing is crying out for a bloodbath amongst the coaching ranks.

And I doubt that any of us fans who stuck with GT through the 80's and the B*** L**** era really think much of your "sacrifice" of "sticking with GT" through the Gailey era...

75southjacket

Banned
JMO, but I'm 28 and I've attended, watched, or listened to every game since I was 4 years old. I'm not satisfied with the way this season's gone. I don't think anyone associated with the program in any way is. However, this is simply what Georgia Tech football is in the new millennium. We are not going to be top 10 every year. BUT, we have the potential to be a top 30 team 4/5 times out of every 10 years, a top 15 team 2/3 out of every 10 years, and if we are lucky, I still believe we can win it all at least once or twice during my lifetime. That's not that bad. All you can hope for as a fan is a chance. You just have to be practical and realistic when things aren't going well and let things play out. Support the team the best you can in a positive manner. Focus on other things in life besides football if the season bothers you so much. Spend more time with the girl, hit the gym, etc.
Player development is one my biggest concerns. Our guys never stand apart from year to year. I don't think this coaching staff is getting the most out of our players. I also see a product on the field that looks atrocious. Have you seen the way our QB go through their progressions ? Have you seen their mechanics ? I can honestly say that every team in my high schools region has a better passing attack than Tech. There is no excuse why a D1 QB at power 5 sxhool should look this bad. It's been that way since he took over in 2008.

75southjacket

Banned
No. But as you are likely not capable of engaging in facts, since you have conveniently ignored every fact directed your way in the three days you've been a member here, I will no longer bother with trying to engage with you. You obviously have an overinflated opinion of yourself, and all you are doing is crying out for a bloodbath amongst the coaching ranks.

And I doubt that any of us fans who stuck with GT through the 80's and the B*** L**** era really think much of your "sacrifice" of "sticking with GT" through the Gailey era...
You are running from the conversation because you are afraid to admit that the product on the field is going nowhere. You see that same passing attack we all see. You see Johnson still asking TM to throw the ball when he clearly is a high school level. What facts have I ignored ?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
You are running from the conversation because you are afraid to admit that the product on the field is going nowhere. You see that same passing attack we all see. You see Johnson still asking TM to throw the ball when he clearly is a high school level. What facts have I ignored ?

Equating TM to a high schooler is classless. I was already pretty sure, but you've now convinced me you're just a troll.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Accepting mediocrity isn't going to get you anywhere. I think the magic number to reasonably expect is 8 wins minimum a year. Probably won't happen but that's where I want to be as a program and is a good bar to set.

The past 3 years are unacceptable as a whole for our program but when I see CPJ, I see a damn good coach. I don't see him being the issue and he himself has started reasonable things we are lacking as a program even when we were winning.

75southjacket

Banned
Yes. We graduate players on time and prepared to enter society as competent leaders. I am satisfied with that.
Do you not think other schools are doing this as well ? Not everyone is made to be a engineer or astronaut. There is nothing wrong with someone that goes to uga and gets a business degree there while playing football. I agree that Tech should never overlook academics. I wish tech could find a common ground with this issue. Tech could be a top 25 team every year. No doubt about it . We are located in one of the best recruiting pools in America. Tech has the ability to land better talent that what we have seen the past 10 seasons.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Tech is lucky to have a fan like myself. I stuck with Ga Tech through the Gailey years. I had to grow up in my early teens listening to everyone bark about UGA. I am 27 going on 28. I haven't seen those real bad times that some of you have seen. I will admit Johnson has done better than a few coaches but I also know that he is not some coach that can't be replaced. Some of you like the guy and his option offense. That's your opinion , everybody has one. What I can promise you about it, it's hurting the football program grow with modern times. Kids with NFL talents are not going to give Johnson a chance. Nothing about his offense helps them. Shaq Mason is the only guy from the Johnson era that has made it. I don't list Bay Bay because it wouldn't have mattered. He would have never committed to Tech if Johnson was hired a year earlier. With that said , can Johnson win some games ? Yes he can. Is he going to land some decent players? Yes he will. But , he isn't going to land a group of talented players year after year. Building quality depth is the key to being better than 6-8 wins!
Shaq is not the only one. Smelter, Waller, Attaouchu, Gotsis, Butker.

75southjacket

Banned
Equating TM to a high schooler is classless. I was already pretty sure, but you've now convinced me you're just a troll.
There is no talking football with you. It's CLEAR that you never played the game. He is not a QB! You can not win year in and year out with the QB play we have had from him throwing the ball.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think anyone is getting fired. I could be wrong, but with them back at it in recruiting it seems like nothing is going to happen. To me this is very frustrating, you have so many people who pay good money to watch these games and donate moneythat are upset with the staff in some capacity, wether it be the head man, or an assistant. IMO that's not very fair to the fan base.
Maybe it's a bargain. How much do you have to donate at Alabama, Clemson, and Oklahoma?

75southjacket

Banned
Shaq is not the only one. Smelter, Waller, Attaouchu, Gotsis, Butker.
On offense! Smelter and Waller are no longer playing in the league. Prove to me than someone from his offense has made a career in the NFL. Go ahead I'm waiting. You can say Peterson did but he was not from tech.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Why don't you answer his questions? You seem to avoid his questions and come back with continual cuts on him bc you don't agree with his opinion. Man up Augusta

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
On offense! Smelter and Waller are no longer playing in the league. Prove to me than someone from his offense has made a career in the NFL. Go ahead I'm waiting. You can say Peterson did but he was not from tech.

Stephen Hill had a nice little 3 year career. Does he qualify for you? Sure Hill was no all-pro, but very few players who get drafted last longer than a few seasons anyway.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Waller is. He is suspended for a year because of his drug habits, but he is very much in the league.
Dwyer? Oh, he doesn't count, right? Anthony Allen. He doesn't count either? Stephen Hill was in the league for a few years. Guess he also doesn't count. Oh well, you're right!

75southjacket

Banned
Waller is. He is suspended for a year because of his drug habits, but he is very much in the league.
Dwyer? Oh, he doesn't count, right? Anthony Allen. He doesn't count either? Stephen Hill was in the league for a few years. Guess he also doesn't count. Oh well, you're right!
You guys are funny. Name one DAMN PLAYER that has made a career from this offense other than Shaq. Don't give that mess about Dwyer, Hill , Waller , and Smelter. Those guys were good for Tech but they haven't had a career in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.