Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about Bama! I want you to stop ignoring questions. Where are these NFL players on Offense??? Are there any on this year's team ?
If you are going to claim that Johnson is to blame for few players from his teams making it in the pros, then you have to be willing to compare to other coaches who might have similar problems, assuming that is really a problem, which I don't think it is. How many players from Ross's or O'Leary's teams had careers in the pros? I honestly do not know the answer, but I doubt it's a significant number.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
There is no talking football with you. It's CLEAR that you never played the game. He is not a QB! You can not win year in and year out with the QB play we have had from him throwing the ball.
Is there a reason you have to play football to know anything about football ? And yes our passing game sucked this year. Do you know what the difference was this year and last year ? Hint this year we only completed 10 passes to the A-backs . Why ? I have no idea other than looking it seems TM does not check down, but not knowing what plays were called all I can say is that is the way it looked to me. But then I'm 65 and fall in the age group you talk about. Was I happy with 5 wins no. I have been a season ticket holder for 36 years and the first one we were 1-10. I know you get sick of hearing this from us old guys but we are the ones who have seen some really bad years. Oh and by the way I played football but I guess being this old it don't count for you.
We are all Tech people and NO ONE WAS HAPPY THIS YEAR but that is no reason to be rude to another Tech guy.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Have you ever put on a football uniform ?

I've already answered that question for you, but since reading comprehension seems to be one of your many failings, I will reply again. Yes, I played High School football. I also played college baseball. I also ran cross country in college as well. I am not sure what any of that has to do with anything, but it seems important to you...

75southjacket

Banned
If you are going to claim that Johnson is to blame for few players from his teams making it in the pros, then you have to be willing to compare to other coaches who might have similar problems, assuming that is really a problem, which I don't think it is. How many players from Ross's or O'Leary's teams had careers in the pros? I honestly do not know the answer, but I doubt it's a significant number.
What part of stop comparing to other schools and coaches are you missing? The players you need to win and be a top 25 team year in and year out are not coming here to play in this offense. That is a fact ! We are in year ten and he has yet to land back to back top 30 classes. When is the last time he landed a big name QB for this offense ? Geez people. Back to the offense putting players in the NFL. It doesn't develop these guys for the pros.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
What part of stop comparing to other schools and coaches are you missing?

1f3vae.jpg

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm still waiting on some more answers from you all. You CAN'T answer the question. So, if you are happy with the results than maybe you need to question your competitive nature. I didn't come to the board to smash tech. I have been banned before . Years ago! I came hear to point out the some of the MAJOR issues that Johnson is causing.

Bro we’ve already answered your question, multiple times but you choose to ignore the names. Further, you refuse to explain what your question has do with anything? If you’re saying that players in Johnson’s offense aren’t NFL-worthy then the Facts show you’re dead wrong, proved a dozen times over each time a GT guy has been drafted.

75southjacket

Banned
I've already answered that question for you, but since reading comprehension seems to be one of your many failings, I will reply again. Yes, I played High School football. I also played college baseball. I also ran cross country in college as well. I am not sure what any of that has to do with anything, but it seems important to you...
I don't believe you did. I think you are telling a lie so you don't have a bad image to your internet friends. Even if you did, you would easily see the player development is not on. Power 5 level. Why is roster one of the smallest in all of the Power 5? Don't say it isn't Because It is.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Augusta keeps ment
What I don't get is how a players NFL career has any bearing on his college success. If he makes it to the league, it's up to him what he does with it from there.

The real question is this: If NFL success is so important a characteristic in defining the success of a college team, then why hasn't Bama put any starting QBs in the league?
I am missing what a starting QB from AL in the NFL has to do with this discussion. AL has 39 former players in the league with 19 of them on offense. We have 13 in the league on rosters with 4 on offense...Shaq, Waller, Thomas, and Laskey(not sure if he is on practice squad or not)

75southjacket

Banned
Bro we’ve already answered your question, multiple times but you choose to ignore the names. Further, you refuse to explain what your question has do with anything? If you’re saying that players in Johnson’s offense aren’t NFL-worthy then the Facts show you’re dead wrong, proved a dozen times over each time an GT guy has been drafted.
Just because you get drafted doesn't not mean you have/had a career. I once was a lineman for Pike Electric (7 months) that does not mean I made a career on the power lines.

What part of stop comparing to other schools and coaches are you missing? The players you need to win and be a top 25 team year in and year out are not coming here to play in this offense. That is a fact ! We are in year ten and he has yet to land back to back top 30 classes. When is the last time he landed a big name QB for this offense ? Geez people. Back to the offense putting players in the NFL. It doesn't develop these guys for the pros.
Those so-called "big name QB's" are seldom option QB's, other than DeShawn Watson, who chose to go to Clemson. And even before Johnson, can you name a "big name QB" who signed with Tech? Some became "big names," but they developed into them. Justin Thomas turned into a "big name QB," whether you want to believe it or not, and no, he didn't make it in the NFL. But so what? Lots of other great QB's throughout the country didn't either. But of course, comparing other teams' results to Tech's is meaningless TO YOU.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I am missing what a starting QB from AL in the NFL has to do with this discussion.

The same thing that having NFL career players from Tech means. Absolutely nothing.

It's simply a red herring meant to distract from the fact that there isn't a valid argument to support the original premise. Also a sign of a failed debate...

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I just want to refresh everyone on an important GTSwarm rule...

No Personal Attacks.
Do not post personal attacks on other members, our former or current players, recruits, as well as the GT administrative and coaching staff. There are ways to disagree with someone or an idea but still be civil about it in public discourse. We are not like other fans that like to bark at each other. For a better definition of personal attacks, please see ad hominem and no personal attacks.

Any member who is intentionally obnoxious, abusive, disruptive, spammy, or "trolling" may be sent a warning as a reminder or even be banned without warning at the discretion of a moderator. These rules may be changed at any time without notice. However, if you have any feedback about the community rules or ways to improve the site in general please post here.

https://gtswarm.com/help/terms

Status
Not open for further replies.