Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Waller is. He is suspended for a year because of his drug habits, but he is very much in the league.
Dwyer? Oh, he doesn't count, right? Anthony Allen. He doesn't count either? Stephen Hill was in the league for a few years. Guess he also doesn't count. Oh well, you're right!

What I don't get is how a players NFL career has any bearing on his college success. If he makes it to the league, it's up to him what he does with it from there.

The real question is this: If NFL success is so important a characteristic in defining the success of a college team, then why hasn't Bama put any starting QBs in the league?

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
What I don't get is how a players NFL career has any bearing on his college success. If he makes it to the league, it's up to him what he does with it from there.

The real question is this: If NFL success is so important a characteristic in defining the success of a college team, then why hasn't Bama put any starting QBs in the league?
Can I like this a million times? Hit the nail on the head.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure if this comment belongs in this thread or not. I spent most of today traveling and listening the goings on at Tennessee re: Greg Schiano. One comment i heard over and over is that Tennessee fans are delusional. Football there hasn't been relevant in 20 years. Who did they think they were going to get? They are years, if that, from being relevant in the college football landscape.

Made me think of some on this board who claim Tech has such a rich history, yada yada yada. If you accept the results we've seen in recent years, your'e not competitive. We can't accept this year's results because we're Georgia Tech and have had Coach Heisman and Coach Dodd. And my god we won a split national championship in 1990. We should be doing the same today!. Made me think that we're the delusional ones. I will now sit back and wait for everyone to tell me I'm not a competitor.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck

Thank you Augusta_Jacket!! I was just about to ask how the hell we got into a cock-measuring contest over how guys do AFTER they leave Tech! And hey 75south (aka Arnab?) when a guy has NFL caliber talent & tools, the NFL finds him whether he’s attending Alabama, North Dakota State, or Texas A&I Kingsville.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Not sure if this comment belongs in this thread or not. I spent most of today traveling and listening the goings on at Tennessee re: Greg Schiano. One comment i heard over and over is that Tennessee fans are delusional. Football there hasn't been relevant in 20 years. Who did they think they were going to get? They are years, if that, from being relevant in the college football landscape.

Made me think of some on this board who claim Tech has such a rich history, yada yada yada. If you accept the results we've seen in recent years, your'e not competitive. We can't accept this year's results because we're Georgia Tech and have had Coach Heisman and Coach Dodd. And my god we won a split national championship in 1990. We should be doing the same today!. Made me think that we're the delusional ones. I will now sit back and wait for everyone to tell me I'm not a competitor.
It is forum policy to not give credit to that 5th down team for splitting a National Championship.

ezbee

Georgia Tech Fan
You guys are funny. Name one DAMN PLAYER that has made a career from this offense other than Shaq. Don't give that mess about Dwyer, Hill , Waller , and Smelter. Those guys were good for Tech but they haven't had a career in the NFL.

How about J McKinnon. Vikings.

Interesting article for you to read too.
https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/10/13/16464846/nfl-college-football-option-offenses

Oh, and I agree with A basic premise you’ve argued. We need to pass the ball a little better. A little more
efficiently. But I think most on this board would too.

75southjacket

Banned
What has that got to do with anything? The FACT is that he DID play in Johnson's offense.
I'm still waiting on some more answers from you all. You CAN'T answer the question. So, if you are happy with the results than maybe you need to question your competitive nature. I didn't come to the board to smash tech. I have been banned before . Years ago! I came hear to point out the some of the MAJOR issues that Johnson is causing.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I have been banned before

shock face.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.