Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Lol...I think looking at it either way is "looking a little to much into it". CPJ said IF coaching changes are made, not WHEN. Could happen, but doesn't mean it will. I guess we'll know when and if it actually happens.
I meant in the past month or so he has said change will come. I wasn’t saying coaching changes because I don’t think he’s said that. I just find it weird to not say Roof is the D coordinator when asked. He keeps giving answers that beat around the bush, and that IMO tells a story. Maybe he stays as the D coordinator, maybe he leaves for another school, maybe he stays as something other than the D coordinator, or maybe he’s fired, Idk. I just think it’s weird to not say he’s staying as the D coordinator if that is the plan. What would be the reason to not say he’s the D coordinator if he’s staying?

http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...8tbSWkG2NK/amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
What if Ted is retiring from coaching but ends up heading up the support staff. Paul doesn't have to fire him for that to happen and they may not have everything lined up to announce it yet.
IMO with CPJ not saying Roof is the D coordinator, this seems likely to me with him being in the interviews of the players today and him still recruiting. I just don’t see him being the D coordinator, if he was why would CPJ just not say it? That doesn’t make sense imo.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I meant in the past month or so he has said change will come. I wasn’t saying coaching changes because I don’t think he’s said that. I just find it weird to not say Roof is the D coordinator when asked. He keeps giving answers that beat around the bush, and that IMO tells a story. Maybe he stays as the D coordinator, maybe he leaves for another school, maybe he stays as something other than the D coordinator, or maybe he’s fired, Idk. I just think it’s weird to not say he’s staying as the D coordinator if that is the plan. What would be the reason to not say he’s the D coordinator if he’s staying?

http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...8tbSWkG2NK/amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

We'll see. No sense getting worked up.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
What if Ted is retiring from coaching but ends up heading up the support staff. Paul doesn't have to fire him for that to happen and they may not have everything lined up to announce it yet.
Last reports are that Roof makes $800K a year. There's no way he'd get paid that for an off the field position, so he'd have to be willing to take a huge pay cut. I don't see that happening.

Edited to add that Roof seems awfully young, relatively speaking, to retire from coaching.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Last reports are that Roof makes $800K a year. There's no way he'd get paid that for an off the field position, so he'd have to be willing to take a huge pay cut. I don't see that happening.

Edited to add that Roof seems awfully young, relatively speaking, to retire from coaching.

He's 54, i for one would like to retire by the time i'm 55

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

can u imagine the stupidity of GT to put a 800k staff leader in the AA, who makes more than twice the AD. LOL

some suggestions are funny

I hope he is gone.

and frankly, most of the kids on D we recruited this year, the big ones were Andy Mac and Pelton.

btw, I would be happy to donate his moving truck expenses to GT if that helps. I don't have the flow for his buyout if there is any. haha

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer

I believe that age maybe less of a factor in retirement than one's financial status and thus independence from their debt.
He has made a good amount of over the course of his career . Of course as the saying goes it isn't what you make but it's more about how you spend/save the money you have made. His employment decision may be more about his personal goals, lifestyle desires and his desire to see both of his sons play college football with a less demanding schedule. Although if he does leave GT then he may entertain other schools if he perceives it to be a good fit. Time will tell.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
My comment about him retiring at an early age has nothing to do with his financial status. Sports is littered with coaches that are in their 60s and 70s. Most of these coaches are ultra competitive and once they walk away from that profession, it’s hard to find something in life to scratch that competitive itch. I guess we will all know in the coming weeks but I’d be shocked if Roof retired at this point in his life.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Will be interesting to see how this is handled now that the "uncertainty about next year with Roof" is now brought back to the forefront of the conversation. I also wonder if this was discussed with the recruits that just signed with GT today.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
The audio is up (at least on TOS) and PJ basically says that if he any changes are made it will be during the dead period. Regarding Roof, the question was asked if he'd be back next year and PJ said that "you'd have to ask him and he has nothing to announce." It doesn't sound good for Roof.

When you mention TOS please be more specific. There are 4 other sites. 3 of which I post on.

Jmonty71

Banned
When you compared fan support with the factories you listed, did you compare total contributions or per fan? Those schools all have way more fans than we do. If our 'per fan' contribution is comparable, it is unrealistic to expect the fans to pony up more. The real issue is how do we grow our fanbase.
Easy way to grow a fan base? Start winning games. Face it... People like winners. Which is why all these Bama fans have popped up over the last 6 years or so. Its hard to grow fans with a program that loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.