Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I retired at 55, and I haven't looked back or regretted it once.

I just retired as a high school teacher at age 62. Sadly, I do not miss it in the least. People in positions where they are running the show usually are reluctant to retire those of us who are generally under paid and face all manner of abuse are more than eager to hang up the cleats so to speak.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Damn like that?
I wouldn't mind Roof being a co-coordinator, like what @Yomanser said of the run game and linebackers.
The issue I have with that is our run D hasn’t been that good and our LB play has been less than spectacular. IMO we need new blood. I wouldn’t mind keeping Roof but as something other than a position coach. Maybe like assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Damn like that?
I wouldn't mind Roof being a co-coordinator, like what @Yomanser said of the run game and linebackers.

What a joke. The guy sucks as a coach and some of you all still want him around. Why? He is a crap coach. Nothing he has done in recruiting in 5 years is of note. Hasnt developed lb for squat. Please. Good riddance. Name one thing roof has done above avg in five years at gt? I cant find it. Not on the field. Not with recruiting. Only hair gel diet cokes and a way above avg salary here

Please. Hire a better dc and find a young up and comer recruiting magnet with the other ac position

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I read PJ comment about Roof is that Roof might leave on his own. Could be that staff responsibilities could motivate him to leave. A lower division HC job might even come along. Who knows. The performance of our D has never been good under PJ. I can not lay all the blame on Roof.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Part of the issue with our defense under CPJ has been that we've never had the money to bring in the guys he wants. We couldn't afford Ellis Johnson in 2008 or Charles Kelly in 2013. We took Roof because he called us when we needed a DC and he was a relatively big name at the time. Wish he would have taken a home town discount though because he's getting paid too much for the product we put out. Hence the current dilemma. It appears like Kelly has been offered a DC position at Colorado State, but I'm sure we could interest him in a job. CPJ's comment out of context sounds like it's up to Roof whether he stays or not, which means he might have been given the choice to take a demotion or leave.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I just retired as a high school teacher at age 62. Sadly, I do not miss it in the least. People in positions where they are running the show usually are reluctant to retire those of us who are generally under paid and face all manner of abuse are more than eager to hang up the cleats so to speak.
A phrase typically reserved for men in uniform applies to you and all others in your field: thank you for your service!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Part of the issue with our defense under CPJ has been that we've never had the money to bring in the guys he wants. We couldn't afford Ellis Johnson in 2008 or Charles Kelly in 2013. We took Roof because he called us when we needed a DC and he was a relatively big name at the time. Wish he would have taken a home town discount though because he's getting paid too much for the product we put out. Hence the current dilemma. It appears like Kelly has been offered a DC position at Colorado State, but I'm sure we could interest him in a job. CPJ's comment out of context sounds like it's up to Roof whether he stays or not, which means he might have been given the choice to take a demotion or leave.

Curious to know if, in fact, when CTR was hired if He called us as you stated.

I have heard some $ guys said hire him due to GT connections first & foremost.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Easy way to grow a fan base? Start winning games. Face it... People like winners. Which is why all these Bama fans have popped up over the last 6 years or so. Its hard to grow fans with a program that loses.

Comments like these make it seem like we have gone 1-11 for the last 25 years. There is one program that has won like Bama over the last 6 years and that is Bama....nobody else.

I am all for raising expectations, but if you want Tech to EVER be like a factory, you will be seriously disappointed. It will, never, never, never happen. Might as well enjoy the special seasons when they come.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Your post is complete garbage. Roof is the 3rd or 4th highest paid DC in the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.