Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

northgajacket

Banned
I

No no man. You are extremely ill today. I can got toe to toe with anyone on this board about Tech football since 1998. My uncle played here in the early 90s. I use to have sideline passes as a kid. My father and I have spent many and many Saturdays in Bobby Dodd cheering on the jackets. I had the great pleasure of meeting Oleary , Fridge, and roof

What position did your uncle play?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I LOVE this post, and you know why. Only way it could have been better is if you had just posted, #14.

All we can do is hope. A lot of us come here to this board to let off our emotions to one another. We can't beat each other's throat if our opinions are different. We all have one thing in common , and that's to see Ga Tech football win.

Hey, God Bless you, and welcome to the forum! If you click the "Members" button, you'll see that I've posted more than anyone besides the "retired" co-founder, and I'm pretty sure that I have never had a 79 posts in 24 hours run. So, please be patient if other GT fans question your motivation of joining the forum and mostly making attacks on our coach and supporters of our coach after a loss to georgie. As a GT fan, I'm sure you can understand how that looks suspiciously like something a dwag troll would do to pour salt in the wounds.

Of course, your arguments against our offense are nonsense from a statistical point of view, but I appreciate the passion you bring in support of you baseless opinions.

Dude, it’s not just my opinion, it’s reality. You’re not really comparing apples to apples when you give Johnson credit for making the Orange Bowl in 2014 as if it would have been the same thing for previous coaches to make the Orange Bowl. It’s basically the same thing as the Gator Bowl in 1998 when we tied for the ACC title. It’s not a bad accomplishment at all and I was proud as hell of the team...It’s just not the same thing as it would have been in prior seasons. Let’s just be realistic when using it to compare to prior coaches and seasons

Fwiw, I think most of us know that getting the Orange Bowl bid in 2014 was not the same as during a pre-playoff period. It's still better than 12 other ACC teams, which I think makes it better than a meaningless observation.

We are going back to the “what came first the chicken or the egg” question.. no thank you.

Can we all agree that the offense needs to carry the team? If so, the offense didn’t get the job done this year. Correct? Our D is going to be the same regardless. That’s been the case since CPJ has been here. If we score enough on O and shorten the game, then our D gets better bc the D doesn’t have to be on the field as long. Isn’t that how our triple option offense is successful?

I think that we can agree that we expect our O to be the best unit on the team. I don't think that is the same as saying that we don't expect anything from the D or that poor execution on O means the D gets a complete waiver. We should look at the performance of every unit on the team in light of reasonable expectations for them.

I think it's kinda funny how every offense thread used to become an indictment of Ted Roof, and now a thread literally titled "Roof" has become an indictment of our offense.

I am quoting this post but could have quoted any of them. Your contributions to this thread remind me why you are one of my favorite GTSwarm participants.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Big difference is CPJ was up for a raise. So instead of taking the raise he gave his guys raises. It's essentially the same thing Dabo did, he just didn't get to the point of where he took a raise and then gave money up after the fact, he did it up front.

Ok, I stand corrected. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I LOVE this post, and you know why. Only way it could have been better is if you had just posted, #14.

Hey, God Bless you, and welcome to the forum! If you click the "Members" button, you'll see that I've posted more than anyone besides the "retired" co-founder, and I'm pretty sure that I have never had a 79 posts in 24 hours run. So, please be patient if other GT fans question your motivation of joining the forum and mostly making attacks on our coach and supporters of our coach after a loss to georgie. As a GT fan, I'm sure you can understand how that looks suspiciously like something a dwag troll would do to pour salt in the wounds.

Of course, your arguments against our offense are nonsense from a statistical point of view, but I appreciate the passion you bring in support of you baseless opinions.

Fwiw, I think most of us know that getting the Orange Bowl bid in 2014 was not the same as during a pre-playoff period. It's still better than 12 other ACC teams, which I think makes it better than a meaningless observation.

I think that we can agree that we expect our O to be the best unit on the team. I don't think that is the same as saying that we don't expect anything from the D or that poor execution on O means the D gets a complete waiver. We should look at the performance of every unit on the team in light of reasonable expectations for them.

I am quoting this post but could have quoted any of them. Your contributions to this thread remind me why you are one of my favorite GTSwarm participants.

AE in da house!!

Glad to see ya chiming in. I don't always agree with your regard for Roof. But my Gawd I appreciate someone who can back up their reservations about same with some actual logic!!

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
So CPJ should take a pay cut. How much? How much is needed to hire the assistants he wants? To pay them a competitive salary and entice them in. Even if he gave his whole salary away he likely wouldn't be competing in the same league as our peers or primary rivals.

Seems reasonable.

Whiskey, I wasn’t suggesting that CPJ do anything. I was only commenting on the difference between asking for pay raises for assistants and taking a pay cut. Someone else brought up the point, so if you need to ridicule someone, look elsewhere.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Whiskey, I wasn’t suggesting that CPJ do anything. I was only commenting on the difference between asking for pay raises for assistants and taking a pay cut. Someone else brought up the point, so if you need to ridicule someone, look elsewhere.

May have read your post out of context. Trying to follow a Swarm of posts and apparently did a bad job following yours. My apologies.

You call out 75south's opinions as baseless with a rant of rubbish. Very clever.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Dabo wasnt up for raise. He did it for the betterment of the program. Volunteered. Again big difference.
But it's not a big difference, the only difference is CPJ did let it get to the point of having to take away from his contract because he did it up front. If CPJ could have gotten a 500,000 dollar raise and instead let his staff have it how is that SO different than Dabo signing a HUGE contract and then giving up 500,000? It just shows they both gave up money, just in different ways that aren't really that different.

Status
Not open for further replies.