Roof Out as DC

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
As I've said give me somebody from the Gary Patterson tree!
Agree.
Get a good aggressive defensive teacher and in game tactician and our offense can very very good. It's our only chance against the 3-4 factories (uga, clemson, Miami, fsu), we have beat to get to a good bowl.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I don't care whether or not he was fired, and honestly, I think it's in poor taste to wish he was fired instead both sides just parting ways. Doesn't matter if he was fired or not, he's no longer our DC and that's what a majority wanted.

That said, this was possibly the best outcome for both parties. CPJ wasn't happy with the defense, and Roof was not as effective as our DC. Roof didn't have to experience getting fired by his alma mater, and CPJ didn't have to fire Ted....

+1
Well said. Keeps me from having to type up basically the same comments.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
And now the cycle starts over again. Expect the same things to be said this time in 4 years.
Whoever next defensive coordinator is, he needs to learn a line from Jimmy Buffet’s song “Conky Tonkin” that states “ I’m just the next man you’re going to blame.”

Having said that, I will admit that I liked CTR as a person and thought the defense was improving. However, since he’s on to NC State, I’m excited and looking forward to see what the next coordinator can do, hopefully bringing some new wrinkles to the our D. THWG!

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Doesn't matter who's hired, johnson will not agree to any coach that has a stronger personality than him. Roof leaving just gives johnson a few more years to hang around.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Roof was not fired. He took a promotion. He's now an assistant head coach as well as co-DC. Considering the way our fans treated him, I don't blme him for bolting. This is a loss for us.

You're crazy if you think this wasn't because it was time for him to go (right or wrong). This is just like he wasn't fired when he left Auburn, but had a new position before he even made it to the position he left Auburn for.