QB Situation

Week 3: Who will lead the first offensive series for GT?

• Lucas Johnson

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Tobias Oliver

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • James Graham

Votes: 67 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Temple lost a season with the waffling of qb’s and lost two games the season after with a decision to start a qb CDP liked. I hope this isn’t a pattern.

That QB could of looked great during practice and struggled during the game. Sink or swim when its game time. I feel like James Graham is getting that perception here. I like what I see out of him. I would of liked to see him in a couple more series but he's the only one to complete downfield passes. If it wasn't for a missed block and a poor snap we would of had some points in the second half of the USF game off of his first drive.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Lucas Johnson is getting the start on Saturday per my sources close to the team

Let's see how he improves from Game 1 to Game 2. We have to remember that USF was LJ's first extensive game time since HS.

If he struggles against Citadel, and no disrespect to them, then it doesn't bode well for him. He sees MUCH higher caliber defenders in practice, and I'm sure CGC and Thacker put in under extreme pressure situations with their defense.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
That QB could of looked great during practice and struggled during the game. Sink or swim when its game time. I feel like James Graham is getting that perception here. I like what I see out of him. I would of liked to see him in a couple more series but he's the only one to complete downfield passes. If it wasn't for a missed block and a poor snap we would of had some points in the second half of the USF game off of his first drive.

Yeah he had back to back a terrible snap that he had to stretch for that broker down what looked to be a outside run/option into a loss and then Southers completely whiffed on a block that caused him taking a sack when he didn't really have much he could've done then trying to make a play downfield it was pretty much over with at that point.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Why does it have to be down field passes?!?!! It's about scoring points and moving the ball. So far that is largely Tobias and somewhat James. I swear some of tall would be happy losing every game as long as we complete done down field passes!

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Why does it have to be down field passes?!?!! It's about scoring points and moving the ball. So far that is largely Tobias and somewhat James. I swear some of tall would be happy losing every game as long as we complete done down field passes!

I’d just ask that you read my comment again. He’s the only one who has shown touch and accuracy downfield. Also, he’s the only one who hasn’t been gun shy. If you want to keep everything within a 10 yard box that just makes the defense job a lot easier. I never said we need to throw downfield all the time. JG was running the offense decently at that point. We need to be able to take a deep shot and complete them. But more importantly we need to able to run the base plays and stretch out drives.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Have you not seen our snaps this year? Never mind....apparently not. Coach Key might be the best OL coach in the country. If so he must be truly amazing at everything but teaching shotgun snaps.
Maybe you should confront him and demand an answer

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I generally agree with what you're saying, but we need to show that we can pass down the field to keep opponent secondaries honest. We really have yet to consistently move the ball and score (28 points over 2 games), so I'd say we really need to build up our explosion plays (downfield passes) to try and get some easy scores throughout games.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
my prediction.

LJ starts and hits 2 or 3 long bombs for TDs, runs the RPO like he has played in it for 3 seasons and then we revert to the triple option (playing 3 QBs) next game against Temple.

Citadels Defense is terrible, 35 and 28 to Elon and Towson

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I generally agree with what you're saying, but we need to show that we can pass down the field to keep opponent secondaries honest. We really have yet to consistently move the ball and score (28 points over 2 games), so I'd say we really need to build up our explosion plays (downfield passes) to try and get some easy scores throughout games.

Yep...if you can’t stretch the field you can’t keep the D honest and you make their lives a lot easier.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

Isn't that what GT did for the last 11 years?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Isn't that what GT did for the last 11 years?

When we had the right pieces in place yes. I don’t think it’s fair to condemn the scheme yet with our Oline issues. Gotta give the OC a mulligan for this year and see what happens next year when the OL can be solidified. If CDP can succeed with a patchwork OL I will give him big props.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
When we had the right pieces in place yes. I don’t think it’s fair to condemn the scheme yet with our Oline issues. Gotta give the OC a mulligan for this year and see what happens next year when the OL can be solidified. If CDP can succeed with a patchwork OL I will give him big props.

Not my intent to condemn any players or coaches. Just pointing out that after all of the complaints about the old system, people are now complaining that the new system doesn't have the parts of the old system that they did like. It is like trading in a truck for a Ferrari, then complaining that the Ferrari doesn't have a lot of cargo space or mud grip tires.