QB Situation

Week 3: Who will lead the first offensive series for GT?

• Lucas Johnson

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Tobias Oliver

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • James Graham

Votes: 67 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I suspect all three quarterbacks will look good vs The Citadel today.

The next game, against Temple, is the more important game for the coaches’ evaluation of our three QBs.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
If James Graham is out for today’s game against The Cit
Really? A third of the way through the season and you are still "evaluating QB? Ridiculous.

Yes. We’ve already played only two games. Our QB situation is still in flux. I don’t think the OC has decided what type of offensive system he wants. That’s why so far he’s tried a little of this with one QB, a little of that with another QB, and other stuff with a third QB.

With James Graham out for today’s game, the experimentation will at least be reduced to two QBs. And what about Jordan Yates — would he get a shot to show what he can do today? Who knows.

Citadel is not as good of a team as Temple; that’s why I think any of the QBs we play today will play well against them ... even Yates, if he gets on the field today.

The Temple game is likely to be a more competitive game than today’s game, and thus a better separator in the OC’s evaluations of the different QBs.

That’s the way I see it. Is it right? I don’t know ... it’s simply the way I see it right now. If it’s “ridiculous” to you, I don’t care.

I listen to and respect everyone’s opinions here on this board. I expect the same from others about what I think. I do not come here to go around looking to argue with anyone about their thoughts or opinions and calling their views “ridiculous” or any other derogatory adjective.

The purpose of a sports fan board is to read, listen, and share information, thoughts, and opinions with others who gather together to support the same sports team ... and enjoy it and have fun doing it. Not to argue with them and denigrate anyone who expresses things that are different from your own.

Go Jackets!

Animal02

Banned
If James Graham is out for today’s game against The Cit

Yes. We’ve already played only two games. Our QB situation is still in flux. I don’t think the OC has decided what type of offensive system he wants. That’s why so far he’s tried a little of this with one QB, a little of that with another QB, and other stuff with a third QB.

With James Graham out for today’s game, the experimentation will at least be reduced to two QBs. And what about Jordan Yates — would he get a shot to show what he can do today? Who knows.

Citadel is not as good of a team as Temple; that’s why I think any of the QBs we play today will play well against them ... even Yates, if he gets on the field today.

The Temple game is likely to be a more competitive game than today’s game, and thus a better separator in the OC’s evaluations of the different QBs.

That’s the way I see it. Is it right? I don’t know ... it’s simply the way I see it right now. If it’s “ridiculous” to you, I don’t care.

I listen to and respect everyone’s opinions here on this board. I expect the same from others about what I think. I do not come here to go around looking to argue with anyone about their thoughts or opinions and calling their views “ridiculous” or any other derogatory adjective.

The purpose of a sports fan board is to read, listen, and share information, thoughts, and opinions with others who gather together to support the same sports team ... and enjoy it and have fun doing it. Not to argue with them and denigrate anyone who expresses things that are different from your own.

Go Jackets!
And it is ridiculous 1/4 to 1/3 way through the season that they cannot decide what offense to run. It starts to look like amateur hour.

TheTimes

Jolly Good Fellow
Lucas doesn't look like the guy, but in his defense, there's a reason we have 3 receivers committed and are looking for a fourth. The receivers aren't separating.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Lucas doesn't look like the guy, but in his defense, there's a reason we have 3 receivers committed and are looking for a fourth. The receivers aren't separating.

He’s not throwing it well at all. Wrong shoulder on deep throws and very off target on some other throws. I don’t care if we run the ball more with TO in there. The offense looks out of sync with LJ.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He’s not throwing it well at all. Wrong shoulder on deep throws and very off target on some other throws. I don’t care if we run the ball more with TO in there. The offense looks out of sync with LJ.
THe ball hangs. Good safeties will eat those up. Could be into the wind.