QB Situation

Week 3: Who will lead the first offensive series for GT?

• Lucas Johnson

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Tobias Oliver

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • James Graham

Votes: 67 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Good Point.... But I think the USF game shows something... The Bad Press CPJ got for Running the TO was not the reason why fans did not show up... And yesterday with a NewEra in town was not a reason for fans to show up.... So the question is when will Georgia Tech Fans Show Up?? I think we know the answer... When Tech has season like 1998, 2008, 2009, 2014.... So I think it is a blessing that CGC has a 7 year contract and the ACCN will provide TV money becuase if he can't at leasst avg 7 wins a season like CCG and CPJ fans will not show up. The pressure to win in College is much like the NFL...(What have you done for me lately) Since AI 2020 is not complete and funds will be needed

What the heck? "...when will GT fans show up? ........ When we have seasons like 1998, 2008, 2009, 2014."

Take 2009 which I think was CPJ best team at GT due to O AND good D players. Yet that team lost to one Richt's worst ugag teams. But that team being good should not have impacted tickets in 09 but in 2010. And if it did, what happened on the field in 2010?

2014? I think folks forget the greatness came, except for VT, late in the season. We barely beat gsu, lost to puke & unc. Like to think we still would have won, but cu losing D Watson during game changed the dynamic greatly there. We greatly clicked in the last 3 games and that would impact sales, logically, for 2015. What then happened in 2015?

The only time I have seen ticket sales increase for the season ongoing was in 1981. Our first game we upset #1 ranked bama. That next Monday I had a meeting with an A-T rep at the GTAA.

Honest to heaven, there was a line going outside the building to buy tickets. I saw people bringing in pies & cakes to the damn employees.

Then we didnt win another game the whole damn season.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Why does everyone just ignore Yates completely?
The fact that the coaches have seen him extensively in practice and scrimmages yet haven’t started him over the other 3 QB’s should tell you pretty much everything you need to know about Yates at this point.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
if these discussions are lively , think what fun we'll have next year with these 3 plus Yates and Gleason.
Maybe CGC should recruit a 4/5 star guy and be done witth it ?
We did recruit and sign a 4 star QB last year in Yates top qb in state and people overreacting that hes not on field as a true freshmen who's only been on campus for 2 months can chill out. He maybe redshirted, he maybe plays some games but the guy is a heck of player and could do very good here but not its not the norm to run out true freshmen even if are special.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
The fact that the coaches have seen him extensively in practice and scrimmages yet haven’t started him over the other 3 QB’s should tell you pretty much everything you need to know about Yates at this point.
Are you being serious? Dood hasn’t been on campus barely a month compare.

GT_EE78

Banned
We did recruit and sign a 4 star QB last year in Yates top qb in state and people overreacting that hes not on field as a true freshmen who's only been on campus for 2 months can chill out. He maybe redshirted, he maybe plays some games but the guy is a heck of player and could do very good here but not its not the norm to run out true freshmen even if are special.
Yates is a 3 star.. (virtually all media ONLY use the composite(if not hyping their own service) ) ONE outlier rating service had him as a 4. That's a good thing sure, but i try to avoid over-hyping folks as it might lead to unrealistic expectations..

GT_EE78

Banned
oops , forgot his link
https://247sports.com/player/jordan-yates-46041110/

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Listening to GT:60 this evening, CGC said, "If I've got three QBs who have worked hard all week to earn the right to be Above The Line players for the upcoming game, then why would I not play all three of them in that game?"

CGC is clearly laying out that the coaches' mindset regarding who plays is very different from the typical 'first string, second string, third string' football mindset.
That's fine if there is clearly no number one. But if you have a legitimate #1 and 2 that are still ATL, it makes no sense in a close game to play the other 2, at least to me.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GT_EE78

Banned
You know this ATL thing is going to be a real headache on this forum for me seeing how we are in the city of ATL. I keep getting quite confused lol
Would be tough to play if not in the ATLanta area....
guess that means he's BTL but i never heard CGC say that BTL's couldn't play.
guess BTL is still ahead of the NOTscout team, so no need to start a support group.