ProJackets Update

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
That article is all full of dumb, but this especially:

"Has straight-line speed but just average short area footwork for the position..."
Yep. I spit the bit on that one. Let's ask Fla. State about that short area footwork, for one. Those guys still have memories of Justin maneuvering his way through traffic, one shoulder-pad sticking out-- on his way to the end zone.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yep. I spit the bit on that one. Let's ask Fla. State about that short area footwork, for one. Those guys still have memories of Justin maneuvering his way through traffic, one shoulder-pad sticking out-- on his way to the end zone.
I am unclear on the term "short area footwork". Meaning movement in confined space? Got to ask you fellows to consider slow learners on the board.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm just imagining JT trying to tackle Ezekiel Elliot or Derrick Henry and shattering into pieces. He's too talented with the ball in his Hands to not try him at the slot. Wes welker, Julian Edelman, and Cole Beasley, are great examples of undersized, speedy Guys making a living out of the slot.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
JT is short. Very short by NFL standards...but he dang sure ain't fragile. If you think so take another look at him out of pads...thick build for a skill guy.

That's true, plus you can't just ignore the physical toll that playing QB for us takes. The simple fact that he was able to run our offense at a high level for 3 years at his small size proves he's a tough SOB. He took every team's best shot and kept coming back. I don't doubt that he could become a good tackler if he wanted to.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was a bit surprised by JT's cone drill time compared to the other two comparison players. His 10 yard splits (being the fastest) were what I expected. Time and time again we would see JT separate quickly from players in the acceleration phase of his runs, then still have enough speed to hold them off. He is fast, but he is quicker than he is fast, if that makes sense. Accordingly, I expected better cone times than he put up. Perhaps this is merely a case of a player not practicing that particular drill enough to get his technique down. IDK. In any case, there is gobs of film that shows JT abusing players with his lateral agility and quickness. I'm pretty sure, if given more reps at the cone drill, he would fare well compared to most NFL slot guys.

In the end, he has landed in the position group that I expected, slot receiver. The key for JT will be to learn the subtleties of the position in a league predicated upon precision passing and timing. The field is, in effect, smaller and he will need to become adept at operating in tight spaces and giving his QB someplace obvious to go with the ball. As the article stated, his arms are short and his vertical/broad jumps very average, so he is going to have to create those windows with his feet and his brain.

Expecting him to make a game roster right away might be a bit of a stretch, but I think he can do it, especially considering how well he handled the cerebral challenges and quick reads that our offense presents. Pretty much every sport, at the higher levels, is more about the 6" space between the ears than anything because all the guys playing are impressive physically.

Last edited:

SlawDog

Banned
JT

Attachments

• IMG_0578.JPG
    IMG_0578.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 142

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

For a training camp invite, it's very promising that JT was given #88 instead of filling out somewhere in the teens. They're definitely feeling good about his chance to make the roster this year or next (assuming he gets practice squad if not on roster this year).

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
"Now while Gotsis’s listed weight is 287lbs, that listed weight is a bit outdated. Gotsis returned to the Broncos a healthy 20 pounds heavier than he was last season and it looks like it was an extra 20 pounds of muscle too. "

"Looks like an action figure..."

6'4" and 300 ish pounds. He is an action figure/super hero!