ProJackets Update

booga

Georgia Tech Fan
From the article...

Thomas ran a 4.35 40-yard dash at Georgia Tech’s pro day. He’s a small player at 5-foot-10, 185 pounds and didn’t exactly light it up with the Yellow Jackets and their triple option scheme.

What an idiot!!!

He wasn't a very good receiver for us. Couldn't even get open for that last play against uGag.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Panthers Training Camp Observations: Day 6

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-Training-Camp-Observations-Day-6/4e116b55-6df0-49c4-adda-c84148976ad9

Rookie kicker Harrison Butker made all his field goal attempts as they got progressively longer – until the end. The first of three kicks from 53 yards was true, then one from the left hashmark from the same distance inched over the crossbar. The final boot, from the right hashmark, however, bounded off the crossbar and fell just short.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Panthers Training Camp Observations: Day 6

http://www.panthers.com/news/articl...ns-Day-6/4e116b55-6df0-49c4-adda-c84148976ad9

Rookie kicker Harrison Butker made all his field goal attempts as they got progressively longer – until the end. The first of three kicks from 53 yards was true, then one from the left hashmark from the same distance inched over the crossbar. The final boot, from the right hashmark, however, bounded off the crossbar and fell just short.
But, he's money from 52!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
He wasn't a very good receiver for us. Couldn't even get open for that last play against uGag.
This is you yanking chains, right? Do you mean the play on the sideline where he was in fact wide open ... and dropped the ball? Designate which sin you are convicting him on.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
DeAndre Smelter still battling for a 49ers roster spot
Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area singled out Smelter yesterday as a player who has "come on in recent practices."
"DeAndre works as hard at knowing all the positions, knowing everything," Shanahan said. "He excels in the slot, but he's smart enough and works hard enough at it to run all three. He's a guy that I have a lot of confidence in whenever someone's down. It doesn't matter what position he's at, you know he's going to know how to do his job. He works at it; he's been working at it since he got here. When you do that for so long, it becomes second nature. That gives you a chance to make more plays. I think the better you know your assignment, the better you get as a player physically. I think that's happened to him slowly, but he's coming along."
"I think he's settling in as a wide receiver," Shanahan said. "We've worked with him on a bunch of routes. Guys aren't ever going to get better unless they are doing it all on their own too. We work with guys as hard as we can, but DeAndre's a guy who whether we're there or not, he's out there thinking about every single route, thinking about his steps, how to set guys different ways, how to run it differently versus coverages. He works at it as hard as anyone I've ever been around. That's why I feel like we're noticing he looks like a receiver."

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member