ProJackets Update

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Given the Texas sidestep shuffle of NFL contracts, I gather that means he can't go anywhere but they can cut him at any time with no obligation. Anybody know?
Yeah I also wonder about this. I thought if you didn't make the 53 man roster the contracts were on a year-to-year basis?

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Given the Texas sidestep shuffle of NFL contracts, I gather that means he can't go anywhere but they can cut him at any time with no obligation. Anybody know?

Yes. There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL. They can cut you anytime.

SlawDog

Banned
It seems like you are always very anti- JT......we get it....
Brent Grimes
Jason Verrett
Nickell Robey
Honey Badger
Just off the top of the head...and I'm sure there are plenty more if I look up NFL rosters.
I would bet a fortune that JT will not make the NFL now I'm anti- JT. This eerily reminds me of something else.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think everyone acknowledges the odds Justin is up against. His path will be a circuitous one at best. But, at least he has a chance. He brings a unique set of gifts (speed, football i.q., athleticism) even for the NFL level. Still, it will take an alignment of all that with the right team that can figure out how to use him.

The Taylor Gabriel story last year serves as a model for me. I realize I have brought that up before. How in the world did the(arguable) worst NFL team not know how to use him? But, they allowed the Falcons to pick him up. Immediately, he was used in the perfect way for his gifts to make significant contributions.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'm not saying JT will make the team, but the poster obviously said that was off the top of his head. I can guarentee you there has been more.
Even were the answer zero, of what profit is it to step on dreams? Unless reach exceeds grasp we would remain in the hills, slathering murals on cave walls. It might require every ounce of his ability on every play, but so what? If his want equals his ambition, then it could be. I think everybody, including the poster, is rooting for the kid.

SlawDog

Banned
You guys are something else. Y'all believe if you hope and say it enough it will make it happen. I hope he becomes a probowl DB. The problem with that is the probability is extremely low. Rah rah rah!!
Feel better!