ProJackets Update

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You guys are something else. Y'all believe if you hope and say it enough it will make it happen. I hope he becomes a probowl DB. The problem with that is the probability is extremely low. Rah rah rah!!
Feel better!
It is not that we love him too much, but that you love him too less. Why should he be limited by the vagueness and unpredictability of probabilities? I mean, somebody eventually lines up six numbers or so to win a million bucks. I just want him to go in there and give it everything he's got and not look back in disappointment at his effort.

SlawDog

Banned
It is not that we love him too much, but that you love him too less. Why should he be limited by the vagueness and unpredictability of probabilities? I mean, somebody eventually lines up six numbers or so to win a million bucks. I just want him to go in there and give it everything he's got and not look back in disappointment at his effort.
Don't we all?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@DrJacket summed it up nicely.

Making the 53 man roster on any team is very difficult. Most that try don't make the cut. I thought Peter Warrick was a sure fire future NFL star. He made a roster but never amounted to squat.

JT has an uphill climb. I'm pulling hard for him and would be tickled pink to see him make it. Whether he does or not has no bearing on his accomplishments as a college football stud and star. He gave me some very exciting football memories that I cherish.

SlawDog

Banned
@DrJacket summed it up nicely.

Making the 53 man roster on any team is very difficult. Most that try don't make the cut. I thought Peter Warrick was a sure fire future NFL star. He made a roster but never amounted to squat.

JT has an uphill climb. I'm pulling hard for him and would be tickled pink to see him make it. Whether he does or not has no bearing on his accomplishments as a college football stud and star. He gave me some very exciting football memories that I cherish.
Hater! (tic)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-a...cos-year/095992e2-c2ff-49fe-ad13-5e5ff2225243

Gotsis has bulked up and shed the knee brace, which has allowed him to catch the eyes of his fellow defensive linemen.
Another look at the big Aussie! (One of my favorite Jackets of all time.)

b88577841z1_20170209102822_000gkqgienl2-0-6l8b5oogf16hy96opn2_ct620x465.jpg

SlawDog

Banned
I have no clue why anyone (unless they had an agenda) would feel the need to get on this board and call JT a long shot and dismiss his chances. Yea well no ****, he wasn't drafted, never played this position in college, and had to make it via tryouts.

In the immortal words of the dude: you're not wrong, you're just an *******
Uhh because everyone, including himself, knows he is a longshot.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Uhh because everyone, including himself, knows he is a longshot.
It's a long shot to be gifted with the physical potential to be an athlete.
It's a long shot to have the work ethic to be an elite athlete.
It's a long shot for someone 5'9 to be a starting QB for a DIV 1 football team.
Only 55 people were invited to try out for the Saints (seems like a long shot).
Only 6 of those were signed (not a long shot but not exactly easy).

Success at the pinnacle of ANY craft requires luck. It also requires hard work and dedication to take advantage of any opportunity provided. JT has a shot. It's still a long shot sure, but it's also a long shot for rest of the 54-90 types that are trying to show they belong in the top 53. Being overtly negative in a thread meant to praise the success of our SA's is silly.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Reference AG's coach. Told AG he wasn't big and strong enough to play. Told him to spend a full week in the gym and do nothing but lift....?????....

Yes DTs have to be big, strong, mobile, and mean. One week of lifting ain't gonna cut it...when I read it I had to wonder if that was just an indirect suggestion to juice. I think some teams cultivate those suggestions more than others. Is Denver one of the more than others or is my suspicious nature just in overdrive?

AG was always a hard working grinder. He will put in the work required to succeed. Juice not needed but yeah....cheaters have advantage...Tech guys beat cheaters anyway.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Reference AG's coach. Told AG he wasn't big and strong enough to play. Told him to spend a full week in the gym and do nothing but lift....?????....

Yes DTs have to be big, strong, mobile, and mean. One week of lifting ain't gonna cut it...when I read it I had to wonder if that was just an indirect suggestion to juice. I think some teams cultivate those suggestions more than others. Is Denver one of the more than others or is my suspicious nature just in overdrive?

AG was always a hard working grinder. He will put in the work required to succeed. Juice not needed but yeah....cheaters have advantage...Tech guys beat cheaters anyway.
I think he meant to take one week [off] after the season, then get in the gym and work out like mad. Poorly worded I agree.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Saints developing Brandin Cooks replacement in undrafted Georgia Tech QB?

Justin Thomas has taken a unique path to the NFL, running a triple option offense and auditioning as a defensive back. But the Saints are tasking him with a new challenge.

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.co...jackets-brandin-cooks-ted-ginn-julian-edelman
That article is all full of dumb, but this especially:

"Has straight-line speed but just average short area footwork for the position..."