ProJackets Update

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/6/7/15751792/adam-gotsis-earning-rave-reviews
DAsIGSkXsAADjQu.jpg

Even better!

Just...damn

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Elite players can get away with this kinda stuff for awhile, but 6th round picks who barely make the roster cannot. He's gonna have a hard time getting a job after this.
I fear you are right. His interviews swung the draft people and they managed to overlook his GT problems because he performed well late in his career and was humble and apologetic while stepping up to acknowledge them. That card has now been played and there's just one to the deck.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Generation Shaq: Catching up with the kids named after a larger-than-life NBA superstar

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/07/05/shaquille-oneal-shaq-baby-name-popularity

Shaq Mason enters the Gillette Stadium media room on a sweaty late-April afternoon, nine weeks removed from the Patriots’ dramatic Super Bowl LI win, in which New England took 99 offensive snaps and Mason lined up at right guard for all of them. He celebrated by returning home to Columbia, Tenn., visiting family and reading Dr. Seuss books at his old elementary school. Someone suggested throwing a parade, but Mason nixed that idea. “I don’t need all that attention,” he says, though he did agree for March 4, 2017, to become Shaq Mason Day.

Of course, had the city employed his full name, it would have been declared Shaquille Olajuwon Mason Day. “My mom was a huge basketball fan,” he explains with a shrug. When Mason was 12, he went to a Grizzlies-Heat game in Memphis. Hanging out courtside, someone spied his number 32 black Miami jersey. “What’s your name?” the man asked. Before Mason knew it, he was shaking hands with O’Neal.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Generation Shaq: Catching up with the kids named after a larger-than-life NBA superstar

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/07/05/shaquille-oneal-shaq-baby-name-popularity

Shaq Mason enters the Gillette Stadium media room on a sweaty late-April afternoon, nine weeks removed from the Patriots’ dramatic Super Bowl LI win, in which New England took 99 offensive snaps and Mason lined up at right guard for all of them. He celebrated by returning home to Columbia, Tenn., visiting family and reading Dr. Seuss books at his old elementary school. Someone suggested throwing a parade, but Mason nixed that idea. “I don’t need all that attention,” he says, though he did agree for March 4, 2017, to become Shaq Mason Day.

Of course, had the city employed his full name, it would have been declared Shaquille Olajuwon Mason Day. “My mom was a huge basketball fan,” he explains with a shrug. When Mason was 12, he went to a Grizzlies-Heat game in Memphis. Hanging out courtside, someone spied his number 32 black Miami jersey. “What’s your name?” the man asked. Before Mason knew it, he was shaking hands with O’Neal.
Good story. I would pay to see Shaq (Mason) play basketball. I hope he is one of the lineman who can beat the odds and have a long and monied career in the NFL.

jzgt22

Jolly Good Fellow
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/070617aaa.html

Tongo will be back, and his next visit to Tech is likely to merge profession and passion -- storytelling and the Yellow Jackets. He's lining up to help breathe life into the vision of athletics director Todd Stansbury by telling the stories of Tech and its student-athletes via video, film and interactive media.

"Hopefully, I'll be back in Atlanta more often. I'm going to be able to help with some of the story telling at Georgia Tech," Tongo said. "Todd Stansbury is really trying to make Georgia Tech what it can be, and what I imagined.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
From the article...

Thomas ran a 4.35 40-yard dash at Georgia Tech’s pro day. He’s a small player at 5-foot-10, 185 pounds and didn’t exactly light it up with the Yellow Jackets and their triple option scheme.

What an idiot!!!

Considering it comes from fanRAG not too surprising, they live up to their moniker.