Postgame BC

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
My issue with the D is not how many we send to get pressure. I don't think we have the experience in the secondary to send 6-7. But I pray every passing down that we get at least a little exotic with how we show the pressure and where it comes from. It's just extremely vanilla, with no movement before the snap.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
Player participation, minus starters:
Georgia Tech: 1-Searcy, Q., 3-Willis, I., 4-Walker, D., 6-Simmons, L., 9-Alexander, V., 11-Jordan, M., 20-Austin, Law.,
23-Johnson, J., 25-Jackson, T., 27-Griffin, L., 29-McClellan, A., 32-Curry, D., 34-Marshall, M., 37-Lands-Davis, M.,
44-Kagawa, S., 48-Alford, C., 50-Marshall, A., 54-Cerge-Henderson, 60-Morgan, B., 61-Wilson, C., 80-Camp, J., 85-Rodwell, R.,
87-Butker, H., 93-Simmons, A., 94-Saint-Amour, A..

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2016-2017/gt01.html

The job of the defense is to hold the other team to less points that what our offense scores. They did their job. They gave a one big play to a pretty good running back. For the first game, they did pretty good. The offense is what concerns me. They are experienced at all the key positions and they still look like crap for the majority of the game. Is it the OL still sh***y or is Justin not reading the game correctly? Not discounting BC's defense, but damn our offense hasn't looked worth a crap for a while now. This was still BC the team that didn't win an conf game last year. I mean Justin hasn't looked right since the OB, yes he made a couple of incredible plays at the end of the game, but for the majority of the contest him and the rest of the offense looked slow and overmatched. Is it play calling? Something is a miss.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot of people are mentioning the good pass blocking today, at least with the straight drop back. I have a theory - Shamire Devine.

The other day, I had a lot of free time, so I watched every offensive play from 2014 on youtube. I began to pick-up on a trend that when Devine was in the game, JT had a pocket. And when JT has a pocket, he's a lot better throwing the ball.

Devine is a very good pass blocker. . . maybe even an elite pass blocker. There was 1 bad play in the 4th quarter that stuck out. Looks like Devine was late pulling out to the right side or Klock blocked the wrong guy. Either way, JT got blind-sided. If that guy was blocked, looked like JeT had a lot of open field. Klock looked like he missed a few blocks today on reaches. Maybe it was the turf/cleats. Maybe I just saw his only bad plays. Not jumping to conclusions, just something that stood out.

Other than that, I like what I saw from the offense. JeT is an elite playmaker who will always give us a chance. Stewart, Jeune, and Qua came up with huge catches. I love Mills and Marshall at BB.

Simmons had a great day of D.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Haven't seen any replays but agree the pass pocket looked a good bit better. BC was crashing down to stop the run with backers and safeties. When we threw it I thought we managed to hurt em. We will have to do it more to get Ds to play us more honestly again.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Did anyone else see that BC sometimes lined up in a 33 d with the 2 safeties stacked over the nose and Mike. Am I the only one and has anyone else seen that before. It looked like the "front" safeties job was to take the pitch and track down anything outside. I have no idea what his pass coverage duties were. It looked like after a couple of series we went more trips which they couldn't, didn't want to use it against. Anyone know what the defensive responsibilities are or what the best way to attack it is?

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
Boston's Steve Addazio on JT:
“A dominant senior veteran player can make those plays at the end of a game. He made them. That’s why he’s a (heck) of a player and we knew that going in. He’s been in that offense for his whole career, he’s very, very comfortable and he has a knack for making the plays that he can make in that offense. That’s a credit to him. That’s what great players do. He basically took that game into his hands at the end.”

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone know the team's arrival time into ATL and back to Tech?

Understand that they were heading home after the game. Hope they can get some rest and do not get behind in the time line for Saturday.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
The job of the defense is to hold the other team to less points that what our offense scores. They did their job. They gave a one big play to a pretty good running back. For the first game, they did pretty good. The offense is what concerns me. They are experienced at all the key positions and they still look like crap for the majority of the game. Is it the OL still sh***y or is Justin not reading the game correctly? Not discounting BC's defense, but damn our offense hasn't looked worth a crap for a while now. This was still BC the team that didn't win an conf game last year. I mean Justin hasn't looked right since the OB, yes he made a couple of incredible plays at the end of the game, but for the majority of the contest him and the rest of the offense looked slow and overmatched. Is it play calling? Something is a miss.
. I know I keep harping on this but we have to have a WR who draws double coverage so we can win the numbers game. We looked better at times today but for the most part they still were able to cover us one on one. If they don't respect the deep ball the safeties play the run.