Postgame BC

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
JT needs to trust his protection which was better and stop running out of the pocket. He threw ok but was late on a couple of throws. Hopefully he'll get more confidence in the protection and get better at getting it out on time.

CPJ could stand to put it up a little more deep just to back them off if for no other reason. We didn't get them out of man coverage today and that is the key to the running game IMO.

Defense allowed the one big play but they were out there all day. The pass rush was better and holding them to 14 was saying alot considering time they were out there. We let the QB out a couple of times on scrambles but the coverage was good for the most part. We fitted up pretty well against the run but need work on tackling.

Special teams were better other than the inconsistency if the punter.

A win is a win and I'll take it.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else see Tre Jackson talking to Dedrick Mills after his fumble? Standing in front of him, hand on his face mask, talking right to him. I thought that was a great sign. Tre is a guy who may not have played much the last few years, but he's been a great leader by all accounts. You definitely saw Mills play with more fire after that fumble.

FlakJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree on Mitchell, he let a 255lb QB sidestep him on blitz ,he didn't even touch him ,the announcer said we knew the QB could run /move ,apparently Freeman and BM didn't hear that as both got burned

Why was he out there to begin with?? I thought Alford clearly won the battle.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Anyone else see Tre Jackson talking to Dedrick Mills after his fumble? Standing in front of him, hand on his face mask, talking right to him. I thought that was a great sign. Tre is a guy who may not have played much the last few years, but he's been a great leader by all accounts. You definitely saw Mills play with more fire after that fumble.
Yep! Tip of the cap to Tre'.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Yeah they stepped up. Not saying they didn't. I'm saying I hate the scheme

im thinking the scheme will change as we start getting better players on d like this current recruiting class.

until we have 1-2 dominant pass rushers we will always be a bbdb D

we saw and heard how the field affected our running game. it surely also affected out d as well.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
im thinking the scheme will change as we start getting better players on d like this current recruiting class.

until we have 1-2 dominant pass rushers we will always be a bbdb D

we saw and heard how the field affected our running game. it surely also affected out d as well.
Field didn't hurt their defense, which worries me. How bad is our equipment experts? This isn't the first time we've slid and slipped on bad turfs.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
what with the issue with our cleats? when i heard the announcers comment about bu having an easier time with the field than we had my first thought was cleats.

we seem to have this SAME problem every year in wet games. surely we can fix this issue. is it because of the equipment manager? or what?

Crazy that it happens with our cleats ecery year. Why do we not have some kinda crazy stickum cleats or something? What are you enginerds doing? We're the smartest dummies in the world sometimes.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I wonder who is brave enough to sit beside CPJ on the trip home. You know he will be watching the tape.
I promise you that by the time that team finished packing, all the gear was loaded and the film managers had already started breaking down to DVDs for every position coach. By the time that plane left the runway they were all huddled around their iPads and critiquing everything. The organization at that level is astonishing.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I owe all GT fans a big apology. Because Hermine was coming to visit Savannah I took down our Georgia Tech banner so it would not fly away. I forgot to put it back up until after half-time. I'm glad I looked out the front window & realized it was missing. Whew - I could have been in BIG TROUBLE.

I promise not to take it down until January 31, 2017!

Yeah, Hermine is coming through (not what she was) but I put up the flag this morning and here it is at high tide. So I hope we don't hear about people complain about rain in Ireland, we have bigger badder American rain (tic).

After reflecting on the game. I think we stole one.

kj7hcdpjpn83ljh6g.jpg

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Crazy that it happens with our cleats ecery year. Why do we not have some kinda crazy stickum cleats or something? What are you enginerds doing? We're the smartest dummies in the world sometimes.
There is that, and the apparent repeated failure to realize that "home teams" -- BC this time -- will prepare the field to their advantage. Or to our disadvantage. Short grass, fast turf we will not get. Kind of like wetting the field directly in front of home plate for ground-ball heating teams.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I'm struggling with your grading "blocking up the middle." We got almost nothing up the middle, save for one Mills run I think it was. the rest of the day was spent clogged up, gang tackling, no-gain type stuff that resulted in never getting the option game untracked. I don't know whether their athletes were that good -- and they were good, no kidding -- or our blocking that bad, or Thomas's decisions that bad. I'll let the x and o guys figure that one out. I was hoping and even expecting we would come out after half time adjustments and crank up the running game. Ah, well. We have another game next week. I hope nobody got hurt is the main thing.
Sorry , I meant pass blocking was solid in the middle. Thought the plckect did not collapse in middle. . Y e a run utm was bad

Animal02

Banned
Yeah, Hermine is coming through (not what she was) but I put up the flag this morning and here it is at high tide. So I hope we don't hear about people complain about rain in Ireland, we have bigger badder American rain (tic).

After reflecting on the game. I think we stole one.

kj7hcdpjpn83ljh6g.jpg
Yeah, I was in Charlotte yesterday climbing around a roof of a shopping center in the downpour. I was lucky to make it out and get how to watch the game.