1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

[Poll] Out of pure curiosity - Did you attend Georgia Tech?

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Sarrick, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Wayxjacket

Wayxjacket Jolly Good Fellow

Side walk fan since '80. Son attends GT.

2. MountainBuzzMan

MountainBuzzMan Helluva Engineer

Since we are doing polls, we should combine them with Did you attend Tech and want to keep the option.

Or did you attend Tech, want to keep the option and have a dog named Skippy?

3. redmule

redmule Helluva Engineer

Baumholder! That's a place I haven't thought about since I was there in 72/73. Not stationed there, but went there for maneuvers, training, punishment, etc. Can't believe we still have troops there.

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  4. redmule

redmule Helluva Engineer

Tech grad, 77. As are two nieces and their husbands. Disgusted with some of my Tech friends that live within a couple of hours drive of BDS that won't even accept my offer of 50 yd line tickets.

5. GT_05

GT_05 Helluva Engineer

I work with someone who claims to be a big Tech fan but hasn’t been to a game in years. Complains about CPJ’s offense...boring. I sent him CPJ’s list of accomplishments but he didn’t care. He lives less than an hour from BDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ibeattetris

ibeattetris Helluva Engineer

Man this pisses me off living in Seattle. I made the drive every home game when I lived in Orlando. I’m jealous of anyone who can make it to a game without paying 600-800 just for plane travel.

7. Old South Stands

Old South Stands Helluva Engineer

After all these years, I still have trouble calling it BDS... It's still Grant Field to me! :)

Then again, the "Indianapolis" Colts also still sounds strange to my ears...

8. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

Now Jacket, the complexity of this answer will require an explanation for the Techsters....

COJacket likes this.
  9. bigtechfan67

bigtechfan67 Ramblin' Wreck

Didn't attend went ga southern played for coach johnson and sewak. But always been a family tradition to go to tech games and be a tech fan. Been a fan since 6 something bout that model t

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

10. bartoma

bartoma Helluva Engineer

Dad (RIP), BSAE '56, me, BEE '87...

I certainly yell THWG like my daddy used to do... :)

CuseJacket, jmahone, COJacket and 5 others like this.
  11. Heisman's Ghost

Heisman's Ghost Helluva Engineer

You do not "understand this thread"? Didn't you get the message? It's about uniforms. You know, wrong shade of gold, too much blue, not enough white, too much white, white helmets vs gold helmets. That sort of thing.

BuzzThePlumber likes this.
  12. Heisman's Ghost

Heisman's Ghost Helluva Engineer

That is pretty much how my brother in law (RIP) described it. EE graduated in 1969. Smartest man I ever knew and was a true gentleman and a wonderful husband to my sister.

13. Towers219

Towers219 Georgia Tech Fan

Class of '76 but BArch was a five year program so class of '77, had to pay my way so worked first on campus then full time at a small arch firm in midtown.... Got out in 79!

BuzzThePlumber likes this.
  14. DCSS

DCSS Helluva Engineer

Attended and got out with a Mechanical Engineering degree. I was a student at Tech in 1990. It was a glorious time for athletics and there are few who received more value from their student athletic fees than I.

COJacket and BuzzThePlumber like this.
  15. CrackerJacket

CrackerJacket Helluva Engineer

BChE75, MSChE76. What a time to be alive!

The % of sidewalk fans is a lot higher than I thought; delighted to see it, because GT football, like English beer, is an acquired taste, especially during the Flexbone Era.

16. COJacket

COJacket Helluva Engineer

Even in something like a social science course this happened to many of us. Was it the history? Professor who showed up on his first day and announced “I am Professor Bastard W**** and I have that name for good reason”. He lived up to his name and did not make it easy in a non STEM course.

17. COJacket

COJacket Helluva Engineer

And a similar story with a Static’s professor

18. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

Prof. Chen ?

COJacket likes this.
  19. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

Statics is easy... X+Y+Z= 0... If not equal zero, then it's not static!!!

20. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

I never went to Georgia Tech but Georgia Tech had just opened when i was going to school:);):wacky::shame:

GT_05 likes this.