[Poll] Out of pure curiosity - Did you attend Georgia Tech?

Did you attend Georgia Tech

• Total voters

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Statics is easy... X+Y+Z= 0... If not equal zero, then it's not static!!!

They didn’t teach just “Statics” when I was there; they taught “Statics and Dynamics” in the same class. Is this relatively new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
They didn’t teach just “Statics” when I was there; they taught “Statics and Dynamics” in the same class. Is this relatively new?

When were you there? It was a different class each quarter when I was there; Statics, Dynamics, and Def Bods.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

I had professor Chen for Statics class back in 1983/84 Winter quarter.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Always been a Momma's boy, always will be, but I will say I didn't absolutely hate UGA growing up.

You got time to fix that while your still young.

as far as the original question in this thread, 9 pages ago, I will loosely paraphrase Julius Caesar vis-a-vis my experience at the NATS....veni, vidi, I got my a$$ vici'd. But got out.:D take that, Ma Tech....as they say, he who laughs last...etc.,etc.

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
I graduated from Georgia Tech in 1982 with a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering. I ate meals at Junior's Grill then on North Avenue, I drank nickel beer at One Eyed Jack's, ate Chicago style pizza at M.J. Pippins. We saw the Ramones at the Agora. We may have been the last freshman class allowed on the football because we chased down the Clemson tiger, ripped his tail off and threw it in the stands. I was there at the Notre Dame game when whiskey bottles rained from the upper East Stands.

Animal02

Banned
I graduated from Georgia Tech in 1982 with a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering. I ate meals at Junior's Grill then on North Avenue, I drank nickel beer at One Eyed Jack's, ate Chicago style pizza at M.J. Pippins. We saw the Ramones at the Agora. We may have been the last freshman class allowed on the football because we chased down the Clemson tiger, ripped his tail off and threw it in the stands. I was there at the Notre Dame game when whiskey bottles rained from the upper East Stands.
Started in '78 as well...just took me a couple extra quarters to escape .:D
It wasn't just bottles.....believe there was some frozen fish and potatoes as well.

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
It wasn't just bottles.....believe there was some frozen fish and potatoes as well.

I can believe that but whatever it was they were bouncing off the Irish, driving them to the middle of the field. LOL. Ah, the good ol' days.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I was at that game too. From the other side of the field it was hard to tell what all was falling from the sky. Remember seeing ND players leaving the bench area and wondering onto the field.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Family tradition growing up in Atlanta to follow Tech. My father, four brothers, a niece and two nephews and I all went to Emory. Had a first cousin who taught at Tech. I am lousy in math.

The whiskey bottles came from the lower east student section. I was in the upper east for that game, and I sure didn't see any being thrown from there.

Yes, there were fish thrown; I don't know if they were frozen or fresh. That was also done at the 1967 game when Parseghian was the ND coach, but that time it was only fish, no bottles. The bottles were thrown because Dan Devine was running up the score; the fish came earlier.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

I was at that game too. From the other side of the field it was hard to tell what all was falling from the sky. Remember seeing ND players leaving the bench area and wondering onto the field.

Yes, there were fish thrown; I don't know if they were frozen or fresh. That was also done at the 1967 game when Parseghian was the ND coach, but that time it was only fish, no bottles. The bottles were thrown because Dan Devine was running up the score; the fish came earlier.
You guys were savages. To think my class was the one that got the "gold standard" video because we yelled bull**** a lot a threw a couple of souvenir cups at a ref.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
When were you there? It was a different class each quarter when I was there; Statics, Dynamics, and Def Bods.

Damn you for bringing that up. I still have no idea what ESM 334--Mechanics of Deformable Bodies--was about. It's amazing that after almost 50 years I still remember the course number. But I have no idea what it was about. I got a B in dynamics but was just hoping to "get out" of ESM 334.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Damn you for bringing that up. I still have no idea what ESM 334--Mechanics of Deformable Bodies--was about. It's amazing that after almost 50 years I still remember the course number. But I have no idea what it was about. I got a B in dynamics but was just hoping to "get out" of ESM 334.

Beam deflection, shaft torsion, stress/strain diagrams, and Mohr’s Circle of Stress are about all I remember.

I had Dr. Wempner for Def Bods. The quarter I took his class, it was a very desirable time slot. I remember his being pissed off the first day of class because it was full of overloads and was standing room only. Everyone failed his first quiz. After drop day, there were only 13 of us left from a class of 30+. He looked at us remaining 13, smiled, and said, “Pull out your syllabus, I’m making a change. Your lowest quiz grade will be dropped from your average.”

Dr. Wempner got the small class he wanted.

LibertyTurns

Banned
They weren’t frozen but they certainly were not fresh!