Player suspensions

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Just heard Gary Parrish on XM ESPNU with Danny Kannell. Weird conversation. Went through the whole story, what Ron alleges, etc. Kanell asks what happened and if it was a "jilted lover" story and Parrish basically agreed. Said he asked him 5 times what happened and he said everything from "he didn't call me on my birthday" to "he was in Tuscon for the 20th anniversary of the '97 Arizona championship and didn't come to my house" to "every time I called him recently, he said he'd have to call me back" to "when GT self reported, they said I wasn't a part of the team, but I WAS a part of the team." He then mentions that he has a weird history with drug addiction and time in jail, but said that nothing he's said so far has been a lie because he has receipts to prove everything. THEN he said "but he could by lying about Pastner sending him cash. There's no way to prove that." They all concluded that he did break NCAA rules, but no one knows if Pastner knew or not.

Just no real rhyme or reason as to whether he is believable or not. He has receipts, but I could take 5 people out to dinner and say I took Jake Fromm and Sony Michel. That doesn't mean it happened. Seems like a lot of hearsay, but not really substantiated beyond what GT acknowledged.

Parrish doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So there's still no smoking gun that Pastner knew what was going on, but there is a text of Don't be Ron saying Pastner runs a clean program. There's also Don't be Ron changing his story multiple times, and faking evidence on twitter.

In the end, the punishment is going to be 2 players receiving benefits that total less than $1500. I mean, AFTER he threatened Pastner and GT reported allegations, the guy still gets mad because GT reported him as someone not involved with the program. As soon as basketball starts, Don't be Ron and all of this will be a footnote to an addendem. The guy basically burned his relationship at 3 schools (Memphis, Arizona, GT), and turned off how many friends because of what? When it all dies down, and Parrish has him blocked because Parrish made a deal with the devil that blows up his phone 10 times a day, and Twitter blocks him for threatening every writer who he begged to listen to him...it's going to be a lonely existence staring into that pool of his.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
This is a podcast with Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander. The entire thing is on the Ron situation. Norlander has basically said that Ron is crazy and shouldn't be believed, but it's going to be a headache for Pastner and is going to ding his and GT's reputation. 42 minutes of GT and Ron Bell. Great.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-his-friend-was-breaking-rules-on-his-behalf/

Also, saw on another site that Stansbury was on 680 and said GT knew all this before the press release last week and that Pastner is our coach going forward.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
So there's still no smoking gun that Pastner knew what was going on, but there is a text of Don't be Ron saying Pastner runs a clean program. There's also Don't be Ron changing his story multiple times, and faking evidence on twitter.

In the end, the punishment is going to be 2 players receiving benefits that total less than $1500. I mean, AFTER he threatened Pastner and GT reported allegations, the guy still gets mad because GT reported him as someone not involved with the program. As soon as basketball starts, Don't be Ron and all of this will be a footnote to an addendem. The guy basically burned his relationship at 3 schools (Memphis, Arizona, GT), and turned off how many friends because of what? When it all dies down, and Parrish has him blocked because Parrish made a deal with the devil that blows up his phone 10 times a day, and Twitter blocks him for threatening every writer who he begged to listen to him...it's going to be a lonely existence staring into that pool of his.
Everything you just said!

GT1988

Jolly Good Fellow
This is a podcast with Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander. The entire thing is on the Ron situation. Norlander has basically said that Ron is crazy and shouldn't be believed, but it's going to be a headache for Pastner and is going to ding his and GT's reputation. 42 minutes of GT and Ron Bell. Great.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-his-friend-was-breaking-rules-on-his-behalf/

Also, saw on another site that Stansbury was on 680 and said GT knew all this before the press release last week and that Pastner is our coach going forward.

Parrish has called Bell a "maniac" a few times in this podcast. He might need to watch out or at least call Bell on his birthday.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Regardless of how this turns out and hopefully there's not much damage, Tech and Pastner will have a little mud on them. People always seem to remember the badstuff.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

LOL. That podcast is one big self aggrandizing "I want to hear myself talk" piece. 1. They fully admit the guy is crazy, and no normal person or court would take him seriously. 2. They admit in the scheme of things, what JO and Tad took amounts to almost nothing and they think players should be able to get those things. 3. They repeatedly remind the listeners Don't be Ron is f'ing crazy.

OK...then it's just all a waste of time and stupid opinions...

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I feel like you guys are hating on Ron too much. Did you all forget how he personally coached this team to the 1990 and 2004 final 4s? How he negotiated for GT to get into the ACC? When he personally recruited Matt Harping, John Salley, Mark Price, and Chris Bosh among others to GT? When he took over as AD in 1980 and saved our programs from dropping to D3? When he delivered Josh Pastner as a baby in West Virginia as a stand in doctor? Dude has a gf and money. Don't forget that.

GT1988

Jolly Good Fellow
What worries me is the 10 phone calls between Pastner and Bell on October 2nd that totaled 105 minutes. Listening to the podcast it seems Parrish and Norlander believe this shows that GT and Pastner knew what was going on before they self reported. Ron Bell is claiming that during those phone calls he was threatening Pastner that he was going to "expose" him.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Outside of what was self reported there isnt much. I agree those 10 phone calls for 105 minutes on 10/2 are......not great.

If you listen to the show he talks about how hes not a "typical inmate with neck tattoos" but later brags how he survived the harshest prison in Arizona.

He doesnt want to hurt JO, he loves him, but he had to burn him because GT didnt acknowledge that he was the scumbag doing scumbag things

JP saved his life, gave him passes, gave him swag, gave him access, yet didnt appreciate his "work".

Never took an illegal drug, but was addicted to Vicodin for 8 years.

Accuses Pastner of cheating but just over 10 weeks ago told me personally JP would never ever cheat.

CJP Cant related to players and needed Ron to help him form relationships with these kids, but JP was pulling in HUGE recruiting classes at Memphis before they ever met.

The guy was cut out because hes a ****ing self important ****sucker and then his *** hurt when Daddy (Pastner) didnt hug him enough. **** Him. **** his dyke girlfriend. And **** his big house in Arizona with a pool.

Last edited:

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
What worries me is the 10 phone calls between Pastner and Bell on October 2nd that totaled 105 minutes. Listening to the podcast it seems Parrish and Norlander believe this shows that GT and Pastner knew what was going on before they self reported. Ron Bell is claiming that during those phone calls he was threatening Pastner that he was going to "expose" him.
I don't know, I could easily see that being 105 minutes of "Hey, why aren't you returning my phone calls anymore.... Oh by the way, remember that little vacation JO and TJ too back in May? Well I paid for that trip, and if you don't show me some respect, I'm going public with that."

(I know this because I'm actually Jennifer.):rolleyes:

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
So if Stansbury is correct and there will be a decision by the NCAA in the next 24 hours, and Bell mentioned on GP's podcast (paraphrasing) "if the NCAA wants to talk to me, I would gladly give them what I have", implying he had not yet already spoken with them, it's probably safe to assume they never talked to or reached out to him. Or am I missing something?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't know, I could easily see that being 105 minutes of "Hey, why aren't you returning my phone calls anymore.... Oh by the way, remember that little vacation JO and TJ too back in May? Well I paid for that trip, and if you don't show me some respect, I'm going public with that."

(I know this because I'm actually Jennifer.):rolleyes:

Sonofa .... all this time we've been lookin' out for Rons and Jennifer's been here the whole time! :eek::eek::eek:

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Well once we skate on all this b.s. we can consider ourselves one of the blue bloods. They all have some sort of scandals and come out with a Final 4 or a top 5 recruiting class. We are heading in the right direction!!! Lol