Player suspensions

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
My dad always told me that a truly rich, successful and/or smart person will never tell you. That fact that Ron has to keep repeating those things is an instant indicator that he's full of ****.

He definitely got his jollies by being able tell people he was "tight" with a major college basketball coach. The moment he felt like he was falling out of favor, he lashed out. In that interview, he was clearly perturbed that the whole birthday thing made him a laughingstock. The threat that he's got a lot more dirt is clearly desperation.

As soon as his moment in the spotlight is gone in 48 hours, he'll realize that's he's a pariah rather than a hero. In his demented mind, he thinks that CJP is going to come crawling back begging for his forgiveness. He's sadly mistaken.

CJP has learned a valuable lesson, so hopefully he can move forward and it ends up as a minor footnote in his career.

I imagine Ron is a guy who feels very powerless inside.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
This is how I feel as well. Everyone thinks everyone cheats. Josh may have a problem with how he is perceived after this but in all honesty, I don’t think he is 100% innocent here, so, I ain’t from Missouri but he’s going to have to show me before my bias is full bore again.
It could be that Josh befriended this guy and Bell being what he is, latched on to Josh and wouldnt let go, like a tar baby. Maybe when Pastner came to Tech, he was upfront with our AD and they gave Bell enough rope to hang himself. Anyway, Pastner gets a pass on this with me as long as he is still the coach at Tech.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I just don't want this to have a negative effect on our recruiting. So far coach P has some positive momentum.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Reportedly in real estate. Not sure if that means ownership, brokerage or what.
This is interesting. He is not a member of the Tucson Association of Realtors and the only Ron Bell listed as an agent is not our boy. It could be he buys and flips properties. He would not have to be a realtor for that.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
This is interesting. He is not a member of the Tucson Association of Realtors and the only Ron Bell listed as an agent is not our boy. It could be he buys and flips properties. He would not have to be a realtor for that.

Or he rents out a spare bedroom in his house and calls that "being in real estate."

Deleted member 2897

What worries me is the 10 phone calls between Pastner and Bell on October 2nd that totaled 105 minutes. Listening to the podcast it seems Parrish and Norlander believe this shows that GT and Pastner knew what was going on before they self reported. Ron Bell is claiming that during those phone calls he was threatening Pastner that he was going to "expose" him.

Right. But Don't Be Ron has all kinds of receipts from way back then he painstakingly stacked up and kept all this time as evidence, but somehow he doesn't have any incriminating emails, texts, voice mails...and didn't record those phone calls that day? Ooooookay.

Jacketbacker17

Jolly Good Fellow
Right. But Don't Be Ron has all kinds of receipts from way back then he painstakingly stacked up and kept all this time as evidence, but somehow he doesn't have any incriminating emails, texts, voice mails...and didn't record those phone calls that day? Ooooookay.
That's what i was thinking too. If he was so out to get CJP, why didn't he record the 10 phone calls from that day? That would have been the perfect evidence if there was anything CJP was truly afraid of. This whole story is whack.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
That's what i was thinking too. If he was so out to get CJP, why didn't he record the 10 phone calls from that day? That would have been the perfect evidence if there was anything CJP was truly afraid of. This whole story is whack.
When I infamously suggested last week that Pastner might get fired after Ron tweeted that the story was going to be reported on by a national writer, I was nervous about the specific evidence he might have such as call recordings. I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the lack of direct evidence tied to Pastner.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Recording phone calls can be illegal. Depends on the state you're in, etc. Generally a bad idea to do it unless you inform all parties on the phone that you are recording the call.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Recording phone calls can be illegal. Depends on the state you're in, etc. Generally a bad idea to do it unless you inform all parties on the phone that you are recording the call.
Georgia and Arizona have the same law as the Feds: "Federal law permits recording telephone calls and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law, you can record a phone call or conversation so long as you are a party to the conversation."

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Tstan just said it should be resolved in the next 24 hours
LlbpGHq.jpg