Player suspensions

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I do this far too often, but what has happened to the normal filters in journalism? There was a time when an editor or producer would slam the brakes on something like this. The question has to asked of/about everyone who offers a story like this, "What is this guy doing and how much of this is true? What is the other side of this story not being shared by this individual? Should we know more before we put this on the air?"

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I do this far too often, but what has happened to the normal filters in journalism? There was a time when an editor or producer would slam the brakes on something like this. The question has to asked of/about everyone who offers a story like this, "What is this guy doing and how much of this is true? What is the other side of this story not being shared by this individual? Should we know more before we put this on the air?"

Journalism is ded. Shame on you for not realizing this years ago.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who wants to know when and where the pool photo was taken can find out with a little work. I'm too lazy and don't care enough to do it, but I'm confident there are plenty of able persons on this forum that could.

Go to the original post and grab the photo. The metadata associated with the photo is still there. That metadata contains not only the date and time the photo was taken, but, depending on the camera, probably has exact longitude and latitude coordinates of the origin. If this was a cell phone pic, it absolutely has all that data embedded. These are the things I try to explain to my teenage kids about photos they post to the internet. Unless you are extremely careful, there is no anonymity in a public (or private) space. This guy doesn't seem savvy enough to take the kind of precautions necessary to create an airtight hoax. Besides, I don't think GT is refuting the Arizona trip. I think that's part of what was self-reported. Airfare was $233 each.